Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 07-26-2011, 02:01 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
I read on his Twitter he was in London, took a photo outside a pub that claims to be the birthplace of Iron Maiden! His book is a fun read for a both a wrestling and metal fan. He said one of his favorite bands ever was Helloween, and that's why he named his "signature move" the "Wall of Jericho".
Yep. The reason he did the 14-minute track on the last Fozzy album is because some of his favourite songs are things like Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Keeper of The Seven Keys Part 2.

He's got some cool ideas for songs too. One of the songs that's going to be on the next Fozzy record has a really cool premise, in the subject matter sense.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 07-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Butcher of Birth's Avatar
Butcher of Birth Butcher of Birth is offline
Lead Singer of Atlas
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Yep. The reason he did the 14-minute track on the last Fozzy album is because some of his favourite songs are things like Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Keeper of The Seven Keys Part 2.

He's got some cool ideas for songs too. One of the songs that's going to be on the next Fozzy record has a really cool premise, in the subject matter sense.
I really dig Fozzy. A lot of people I feel don't get past that he is a wrestler and what not, but the band as a whole is killer and he is a great frontman!

There is really nothing bad to say about Chris at all.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 07-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Triggz Triggz is offline
The <_> Badge of Honor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent Mike View Post
Right on, man. I haven't been to many shows lately due to lack of finances. I'm hoping to be able to make the rest of the shows in my sig though (I missed Exhumed).
For sure. Well I have yet to update my sig, but I'm going to all the ones you're going to as well. Well maybe not Grave/Pathology, but still.

I work for the ASU radio station, so if I ever have a spare "in" to a show that nobody I know is taking, I'll let ya know.
__________________
6/21 - Weapon/Withered
6/22 - The Cult/Against Me!
6/25 - Six Feet Under/Dying Fetus/Revocation
6/28 - Warped Tour
6/30 - Puscifer
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 07-26-2011, 11:48 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,718
Blog Entries: 19
Anyone ever seeing Origin, Jason is super nice and ready to sign autographs and take pictures with you at their merch booth. He's awesome.
__________________
09/02 - Solstice
09/05 - DRI
09/09 - Origin
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 07-26-2011, 12:51 PM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Anyone ever seeing Origin, Jason is super nice and ready to sign autographs and take pictures with you at their merch booth. He's awesome.
I don't ever take cameras to shows unless I'm deliberately taking photos, but I bought a shirt from him after their show and he was like "Oh hey," recognizing me Yup, that's my story of the day

But on the subject of autographs, I've always found them kinda stupid.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 07-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Epidemic Reign's Avatar
Epidemic Reign Epidemic Reign is offline
Hell Bent for Liquor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 3,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggz View Post
For sure. Well I have yet to update my sig, but I'm going to all the ones you're going to as well. Well maybe not Grave/Pathology, but still.

I work for the ASU radio station, so if I ever have a spare "in" to a show that nobody I know is taking, I'll let ya know.
Thanks man. We ought to meet up at a show sometime. You on facebook?
__________________
10.01 Sonata Arctica
11.03 King Diamond
01.22 70000 Tons of Metal
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 07-27-2011, 01:29 AM
Epidemic Reign's Avatar
Epidemic Reign Epidemic Reign is offline
Hell Bent for Liquor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 3,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
But on the subject of autographs, I've always found them kinda stupid.
I try to get some stuff autographed by bands that I'm really into. One time I accidentally traded a Children of Bodom cd into a record store, then several months later I remembered that the cd had been signed by the whole band. Oops!

Well hopefully I made someone's day anyway.
__________________
10.01 Sonata Arctica
11.03 King Diamond
01.22 70000 Tons of Metal
01.27 Dark Tranquillity
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 07-27-2011, 02:05 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
I really dig Fozzy. A lot of people I feel don't get past that he is a wrestler and what not, but the band as a whole is killer and he is a great frontman!

There is really nothing bad to say about Chris at all.
I'll be sure to link you when the article goes live then
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Triggz Triggz is offline
The <_> Badge of Honor
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent Mike View Post
Thanks man. We ought to meet up at a show sometime. You on facebook?
I are.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=558252619
__________________
6/21 - Weapon/Withered
6/22 - The Cult/Against Me!
6/25 - Six Feet Under/Dying Fetus/Revocation
6/28 - Warped Tour
6/30 - Puscifer
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 07-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Butcher of Birth's Avatar
Butcher of Birth Butcher of Birth is offline
Lead Singer of Atlas
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I'll be sure to link you when the article goes live then
Thanks mate!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008