Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014
Morbid Saint -- Riverview, MI -- August 30th, 2014

Old 07-23-2011, 08:59 AM
N00B

Slipknot looking at US shows in 2012

Slipknot recently completed a three-week European tour that was the band's first run of dates since the death of bassist Paul Gray in May 2010. Although singer Corey Taylor has been unsure of Slipknot's future since Gray's death, he told our sister program Harddrive Radio that the tour made him a little more optimistic.

He said, "Definitely after this tour, I'm definitely much more positive than I was. Am I ready to run into a studio? No. Everybody just slow down, 'cause it's still very fresh to me. It still doesn't make sense yet, you know, there's still a lot of healing that we've got to do before we can get there. Am I open to more tours? Absolutely. I mean, we've talked about doing something next year in the States and, you know, letting the fans kind of celebrate as well. So time will tell."

this doesn't surprise me at all, and honestly I think it'll be Mayhem(they were the 1st band to headline and it'll be the tour's 5th anniversary)
Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 AM
How're yeh?

just so long as they continue to only play 1-2 songs off their last CD, I'd actually go.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Slow, Deep And Hard

This is one of those bands that I used to love and am now rapidly losing interest in. Even more so with every retarded press release Taylor sends out, or anytime Crahan rambles on about how his band is an unstoppable force of liquid magma, forming continents of metal to bring to the maggots... or some shit like that.

I saw them back in '09 at the Palladium, so I'm good for a while. Maybe in 5 years.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

I liked the last album, thought it was overall strong. Of course each album goes a little down hill for them in terms of just being "brutal nu-metal", Vol. 3 and All Hope is Gone are solid entries and translate well live.

The new songs have the same feel as Bodom's new songs with me, on album I don't like them, but live I get into it.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Meh.

I'm a little iffy on them doing Mayhem. With the way their lineups have been going I may not bother seeing then if the rest of the bands suck. It will draw ticket sales though so they probably won't care about the rest of the lineup.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I will go to this for sure. They are still one of the best live band I've ever seen.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

I would love to see them; I was going to try to see them in 2009 when there were visiting Colorado Springs but that got canceled due to Joey's injury (I think)......honestly I hope they do their own tour instead of doing Mayhem Fest again, I'd rather see them do 17-18 songs rather than 12-13 on a festival tour
Old 07-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Cowboy From Hell

One possibility of playing Mayhem could be to have a band like Slipknot or SOAD get the big $ by having them play 2 hours and having that band as the one major headliner instead of zombie/korn or godsmack/disturbed. Just a thought. I still think Slipknot will headline next years Mayhem. I am sure Mayhem Fest, Roadrunner Records and some of the members of the band will push for it.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Buahahahahaha

Meh, only way I'd go to see them again is if it was Mayhem Fest.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:35 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommie View Post
just so long as they continue to only play 1-2 songs off their last CD, I'd actually go.
I disagree. I still don't know why they didn't open with execute and Gematria.

But if they're not going to play more AHIG songs, or open with Gematria, at least choose something that isn't (sic).