Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 07-23-2011, 04:49 AM
N00B

Great news. Their fans now have the chance to listen to REAL metal, not radio hard rock.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:52 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenmagic View Post
Great news. Their fans now have the chance to listen to REAL metal, not radio hard rock.
I listen to both.

People seem to have a problem with the last three Disturbed albums, but I think those are their best.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:06 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

They should probably hang it up for a few years. They were barely above average at Mayhem yesterday.
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-23-2011, 05:08 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

I actually liked Ten Thousand Fists enough to buy the next one. Which turned out to be the EXACT SAME ALBUM. So I stopped caring. Also saw them live on the tour for that album (festival), and they were so fucking boring that I REALLY stopped caring.

23/4 Scott Stapp
24/4 MoonKings
25/4 Spirit Caravan
30/4 Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Old 07-23-2011, 07:25 AM
Cowboy From Hell

For a rock band Disturbed's music has gotten way to mechanical/computerized sounding, cut & paste with no soul. Each album has a few good song but they would have been better served to put out an album every 3 years with less filler material compared to their nonstop album release followed by a tour followed by a new album and another tour. Fans are burnt out on Disturbed and now Disturbed is just going through the motions and are apparently tired of each other. Disturbed has oversaturated the metal market starting with 10,000 Fists. Its like that album came out and they have yet to go away.

Nu Metal is starting to die off. Less fans are going to the shows and there aren't any newer bands in that vein coming out to shake things up. Disturbed, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, Seether, Mudvayne are fading out like hair metal did in the early 90's. Slipknot & SOAD will likely be the only two nu metal ands to carry forward with success due to their loyal, large fan bases. While I'm not sure where the next Nirvana will come from or who it will be I think it arrives in the next year to year and a half and drives the final nail into the nu metal coffin.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:45 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINEKILLS View Post
For a rock band Disturbed's music has gotten way to mechanical/computerized sounding, cut & paste with no soul. Each album has a few good song but they would have been better served to put out an album every 3 years with less filler material compared to their nonstop album release followed by a tour followed by a new album and another tour. Fans are burnt out on Disturbed and now Disturbed is just going through the motions and are apparently tired of each other. Disturbed has oversaturated the metal market starting with 10,000 Fists. Its like that album came out and they have yet to go away.

Nu Metal is starting to die off. Less fans are going to the shows and there aren't any newer bands in that vein coming out to shake things up. Disturbed, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, Seether, Mudvayne are fading out like hair metal did in the early 90's. Slipknot & SOAD will likely be the only two nu metal ands to carry forward with success due to their loyal, large fan bases. While I'm not sure where the next Nirvana will come from or who it will be I think it arrives in the next year to year and a half and drives the final nail into the nu metal coffin.
I agree on everything except Limp Bizkit, they are still getting a huge push in Europe and doing very well because of Kerrang etc. pushing them. Same with Linkin Park, but they stopped being a metal band with the last record. I do agree though, there is going to be a new band that will spawn a new wave of popular metal/rock and nu metal as a fashion statement and stylistic definition will effectively die in the mainstream.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
10,000 Fists came out in 2005 and Indestructible came out in 2008 so they were sticking with the new album every three years until Asylum came out last year.

I think they band has wanted to end if for a few years now, perhaps since after the 2006 Ozzfest ended. But kept going due to the fact they were hugely successful and they decided to hang on and cash in as much as possible until they couldn't anymore.

I saw them on the 2003 and 2006 Ozzfest and their live show ruled and kicked ass. But when I saw them on the first Mayhem fest they had lost their passion live and I saw that again last year at Uproar.

They've toured non stop over the last three years and there isn't much left for them to accomplish in the music world. So a hiatus after this tour is over is a wise thing at this point. Maybe they can get some of that passion back they had in the first half of the 2000s again.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Cowboy From Hell

They may have taken a break after 2006 but perhaps due to Land of Confusion and other songs being constantly played on radio, it just seems like they never went away. And when they released new material 75% of it sounded like left overs. Perhaps they should have experimented a bit more or tried to become more progressive & stray from the radio single song format that alot of their songs stuck to. For the record I like Disturbed okay but a break is definitely needed.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
For the record I like Disturbed okay but a break is definitely needed.
I'll agree with that. I did like most of Indestructible though. It was the newer one that turned me off a bit. There's a few good tunes on it but most of it is forgettable.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:14 AM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

Quote:
Nu-Metal has been dead since 2003. All those bands that you mention have turn into basically hard rock/alternative or were never nu-metal in the first place (i.e. seether, godsmack). Anyways, Disturbed need a break anyway.
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park