Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990
Korn -- Denver, CO -- July 29th, 2002
Queen + Adam Lambert - Toronto, ON - July 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 07-22-2011, 04:53 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post

*I met them at Mayhem Fest when they played before this time, and I was wearing my Somewhere Back in Time tour shirt for the Florida show. The drummer noticed it and said "Wow! I was at that show too! I'm such a huge fan and it was awesome to heard so many classics, but I do think it was lame not to play newer songs." Upon hearing this I snapped back with "Well if you really were a huge fan you would know they were only playing classics." That was that, also I have seen Corey Beaulieu at a few shows, and he is a major douche.
No offense dude, but in that case I think you were being the dick, especially considering he was making conversation with you, which a lot of guys don't really do, especially in a meet-and-greet setup. Him saying what he did doesn't necessarily mean that he is a "poser" or didn't know the premise of the tour, he was saying how he wished that they did some newer stuff. Nothing wrong with that. I don't see how Corey's a douche at all, he seems to be the chillest out of all of the guys (I met all of them in '09, they all seemed pretty nice). The only guy that I heard was a dick was Heafy, but he seems to have gotten over his cockiness in recent years.

Anyway, Devin Townsend has to be the nicest, most appreciative musician I've ever met. He genuinely thanks you for the support.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:56 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
No offense dude, but in that case I think you were being the dick, especially considering he was making conversation with you, which a lot of guys don't really do, especially in a meet-and-greet setup. Him saying what he did doesn't necessarily mean that he is a "poser" or didn't know the premise of the tour, he was saying how he wished that they did some newer stuff. Nothing wrong with that. I don't see how Corey's a douche at all, he seems to be the chillest out of all of the guys (I met all of them in '09, they all seemed pretty nice). The only guy that I heard was a dick was Heafy, but he seems to have gotten over his cockiness in recent years.
This. No interest in ever seeing/meeting Trivium, but he was reaching out to you and trying to start a conversation by saying he was also a fan of your favorite band, and you went all "Uh, actually..." like a tool. Nobody likes that guy.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
[u]

*I met them at Mayhem Fest when they played before this time, and I was wearing my Somewhere Back in Time tour shirt for the Florida show. The drummer noticed it and said "Wow! I was at that show too! I'm such a huge fan and it was awesome to heard so many classics, but I do think it was lame not to play newer songs." Upon hearing this I snapped back with "Well if you really were a huge fan you would know they were only playing classics." That was that, also I have seen Corey Beaulieu at a few shows, and he is a major douche.
I would say that you would be a dick to meet. Most of the time, people don't really go out of their way to point out cool shit like that. He was basically telling you he was a fan of all of their material instead of just the older shit. How is the guy a poser if he likes the band more than you? Its people like you that make musicians not want to be cool to their fans.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Bitch, shut up and blast beat my meat like a Pete Sandoval with titties.

cool:
Trivium
Skeletonwitch
Misery Index
Red
Volbeat
Municipal Waste
Tim Yeung (All That Remains, Hate Eternal, Morbid Angel, Vital Remains, Divine Heresy, World Under Blood)
Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian)
Soilwork

Dicks:
Jonny Davy (Job For A Cowboy)
Johnny Plague (Winds Of Plague)
Dave Linsk (Overkill)
Charlie Daniels (Charlie Daniels Band)
Jack White (The White Stripes)

i could go on and on but those were the prominent ones.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:37 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Don't get between an Iron Maiden groupie and his favorite band.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:58 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Whats been said above. The guy wants a proper retrospective set from Maiden, featuring releases from every album and era. Is that so wrong?

I've met all of Trivium once, it was a signing at Graspop 2009, and there were too many people for them to see during their time, so once the singing was over, they had already actually hopped the table since the start of the signing so they could actually talk and shake hands with fans properly, they just walked to the side to the side of the signing tent and stayed there 'til every Trivium fan had gone, then went back to the backstage area.

I've met Matt and Paolo twice, and both were really nice. More than happy to take a photo and have a chat about anything, for Matt it was restaurants where they could get proper Irish food. Very cool guys!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:29 PM
N00B

Another one to add

cool
john Cooper from Skillet (he sign my booklet twice when the 1st sharpie was not working.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:51 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
No offense dude, but in that case I think you were being the dick, especially considering he was making conversation with you, which a lot of guys don't really do, especially in a meet-and-greet setup. Him saying what he did doesn't necessarily mean that he is a "poser" or didn't know the premise of the tour, he was saying how he wished that they did some newer stuff. Nothing wrong with that. I don't see how Corey's a douche at all, he seems to be the chillest out of all of the guys (I met all of them in '09, they all seemed pretty nice). The only guy that I heard was a dick was Heafy, but he seems to have gotten over his cockiness in recent years..
Well seeing how I don't like them to begin with, and met them at Ozzfest 2005 where they all acted 'yeah, you all know who we are, we are the best', and being from the Orlando area, Trivium are branded as the douches of the metal scene. They are that band everyone used to be friends with, and once they got big they stopped being the same people. Very shit-don't-stink band now.

And I'm gonna go ahead and say poser if you claim that you love a band, and when said band have been out on a year and half tour with the same "theme", including name, and you are disappointed not to hear newer material on a retro tour. It's not as bad as the "Play Classics" signs on the previous Maiden tour, but still.

And Corey is a douche for the way I see him treat woman and fans at local shows. He shows up drunk with girls all over him, goes to the bar and plays grab ass, and then after the show is out behind the venue acting like a child when people come up to ask for a photo.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Cool as Hell
Behemoth (After a show)
Blind Guardian
DevilDriver
Arch Enemy
Ankla
Powerglove
Kataklysm*

Not as Nice as They Could Have Been
Behemoth (Before a show)
Mohammed (Necrophagist)

*I met them on the tour with Dimmu Borgir the first time, awesome experience! It was the singer's son's first show! The second time, I was at Summer Slaughter when Kataklysm were on the bill, I had given my grandfather one of their booklets asking if he could to get it signed by one of them. After the show he showed me the booklet and it was signed, twice...

"So I'm talking to this blonde lady and her little kid outside the show. Really nice people, bought her coffee, then out of no where the singer of that band you like comes over, it's his wife! I tell him you are a fan and how you would love it for him to sign this booklet and all. He said 'I got to go up stairs and get ready, but if you say here I will be right back,' so I waited ten minutes with his wife and kid and he came back with your booklet!"

The booklet's center page is a photo of the band which they signed. First they did it in blue ink, but "decided to go over it in sharpie because it looks better," my grandfather claims he said.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:07 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Well seeing how I don't like them to begin with, and met them at Ozzfest 2005 where they all acted 'yeah, you all know who we are, we are the best', and being from the Orlando area, Trivium are branded as the douches of the metal scene. They are that band everyone used to be friends with, and once they got big they stopped being the same people. Very shit-don't-stink band now.

And I'm gonna go ahead and say poser if you claim that you love a band, and when said band have been out on a year and half tour with the same "theme", including name, and you are disappointed not to hear newer material on a retro tour. It's not as bad as the "Play Classics" signs on the previous Maiden tour, but still.

And Corey is a douche for the way I see him treat woman and fans at local shows. He shows up drunk with girls all over him, goes to the bar and plays grab ass, and then after the show is out behind the venue acting like a child when people come up to ask for a photo.
You must be going to the wrong Trivium shows. And either way, you're acting all "you don't know specifics, you're not a real fan", that's pretty dickish