Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-16-2011, 04:20 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
Hypocrite

As for your mom deleting your metal music, didn't you say your parents are ultra-Christian?
Yeah! They think it's all devil music and growling = what Satan sounds like. They were very reluctantly let me listen to Metallica in middle school, but growing up, I had to hide all my Slipknot and Trivium and Lamb of God. It's like they thought that I would stop liking this scary music if they took it away from me, but it had the completely opposite affect. I actually think that if I raise kids someday and show them metal at a young age and blast it all the time, they'll probably rebel away from me and listen to country or some shit. Then I just reached a point where they were like, "just don't blast that music around us and please don't wear those shirts when we go somewhere as a family, but it's your life", which I can understand.

You can take the kid out of metal, but you can never take the metal out of a kid

Last edited by jd091; 07-16-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

I've thought for a long time about the kind of parent that I'm going to be. However, I'll be going to these shows till I die, so it's a matter of whether they want to go with me or if I'm going alone
Old 07-16-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I've thought for a long time about the kind of parent that I'm going to be. However, I'll be going to these shows till I die, so it's a matter of whether they want to go with me or if I'm going alone
I'm sure that by the time I actually have kids, I'll be one of those old dudes near the back nursing a beer the whole time, so I'll definitely bring along the young 'uns if they want. Unless Terror is still kicking when I'm old and decrepit; I'll still dive for them
Old 07-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
I have a feeling I'll be the type of parent who will drag my kid to shows when they are old enough to drive so I can get wasted more often haha
Old 07-16-2011, 05:34 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegantopher View Post
I have a feeling I'll be the type of parent who will drag my kid to shows when they are old enough to drive so I can get wasted more often haha
Old 07-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Meh.

Yeah I'm 18 and my parents are still overprotective. They wanted me home around midnight so I had to miss Hate Eternal the other night. They were also reluctant to let me go by myself, but that was kind of understandable considering I was driving (which they hardly let me do) and the venue was like an hour away. Still, I had to lie to them when I was in Chicago saying that my friends were going with me to shows. Actually, come to think of it, it's mostly my mom, my dad could probably care less along as I'm responsible. I tend to avoid the over-the-top crazy pits so I'm being somewhat responsible.

When I'm a parent I'm probably going to be a lot more lenient than my parents are right now. As long as I know what they're doing and where, I'll probably let them do it. And if they're into metal it'll be a definite plus.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
Midnight? And you're in college!
Exactly. When I was leaving to go to the show my mom was crying because I had to argue with her so much to let me go. I swear my mom is ridiculous.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama lom View Post
Exactly. When I was leaving to go to the show my mom was crying because I had to argue with her so much to let me go. I swear my mom is ridiculous.
Sucks man! That's just lose-lose situation. We here for ya
Old 07-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Meh.

Yeah man, that's why I go crazy at college (not really)!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:14 AM
N00B

I'm 21 now and can go to any show I want and come back as late as I want alone or not, but my mom used to not like it if I was alone or a venue I'd never been to before or it was a school night and I was usually a little bitch and did what she said about other things, but I stood up to her for concerts.

I used to ask but then one day I just explained to her how important music was to me and how fun concerts were to me (my favorite thing in the world pretty much) and said I was gonna find a way to get to any show I wanted to go to, even if they said no, no matter the consequences. I think she understood after that.

From then on, I just told her I was going to shows...I didn't ask.

I know this seems stupid and some people will look at a lot of us posting here as weak but I basically did what she said because she was funding most of my college so I'd rather go and listen to her, while having to take shit when I was 18 about other things.

So I can relate too. Just explain to them how important shows are to you and that might work. Or just go and if you get grounded or whatever, it will probably be worth it anyways.

Tags
abysmal dawn, origin, vital remains