Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014
Ash Borer -- Birmingham, AL -- July 6th, 2014
Cynic -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- July 6th, 2014
311 -- Sterling Heights, MI -- July 6th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-16-2011, 08:14 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Origin -- Atlanta, GA -- July 15th, 2011

Last edited by larvtard; 06-23-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:42 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Yeah, I guarantee they played Saligia and Antithesis. Those are my 2 favorite songs by them, too! Listen to them MORE!

And YAY, Ben popped his stagediving cherry! It gets easier every time you do it. I almost hurt myself really bad the first time I did it for Magrudergrind since I took someone out and almost landed on my head. After watching Terror live, where there were people stagediving every other second in a crowd that was only 2 rows deep, there's a very specific technique in order to land on your feet. Watch videos of hardcore bands live; you'll catch on.

That's actually why I enjoyed Dillinger Escape Plan so goddamn much: There were a TON of people packing the Bottom Lounge, and although me and everyone else were stagediving every other second, there was a large sea of people to land on and surf on. So you could do crazier stuff and not worry about landing on your head- frontflips, jumping off high objects, running out into the crowd... it was insane.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:56 AM
::Metal Nerd::

i have the entire VR and abysmal dawn setlists posted on setlist.fm
8/11 Sleeping Giant
8/29 Uproar(?)
9/11-12 ProgPower
9/16 Skeletonwitch
9/21 Eluveitie
Old 07-16-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
Yeah man, I REALLY wanted to run off the speaker and leap from the barrier, but there weren't enough people there so that would've been a bit dangerous I should've done it at Every Time I Die when I saw them in Hell, there were so many more stage-divers and the place was packed to the rims.
I would kill to see ETID live in a small club! Perfect stagedive band.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:44 AM
N00B

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm jealous i recently got into origin and would really like to see them. Also i lol at people that have parents that want them home at certain times. My parents only rule was call me when you get there and let me know when you get home. They also usually asked about what time I would be home I usually told them 1. There was a few times where I satayed and met bands but I would call and tell them what I was doing and everything was cool. I love my parents lol. Luckily at 24 I don't have to do that, oo wait I'm married I have to do that again : |
Old 07-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Couldn't make it to this show due to my brother being a dick. Oh well, my date didn't get Hate Eternal and I caught Origin and Vital Remains at Summer Slaughter 2009 and 2010 respectively. This show did sound like a lot of fun though.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnataFan4Life View Post
Couldn't make it to this show due to my brother being a dick. Oh well, my date didn't get Hate Eternal and I caught Origin and Vital Remains at Summer Slaughter 2009 and 2010 respectively. This show did sound like a lot of fun though.
I was talking to Natrlhi at the Cleveland date, and apparently Origin is a completely different beast with Jason Keyser now singing. He makes the live show twice as crazy as it used to be.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Now I am become Death. The destroyer of worlds.

My mom still doesn't let me go to shows if she knows I'm going by myself. She thinks I'm gonna get mugged or something...I understand her concern (and it does have some merit) but for fuck sakes I'm 20, and I think she forgets that sometimes. Oh well, I've gotten good at telling her that I'm going to do something else while actually going to a show if I have nobody to go with

So yeah, I kinda feel your pain
Old 07-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Well, I'm only 15, and my parents (more like my mom though) let me go to whatever. The only concerns my mom has is that I'll get hurt (if it's a hardcore show) or I'll come home way too late. Way too late for her is 12:30, and I've only come home past that twice. She doesn't get pissed, just naggy. I've only got hurt twice too, though I did sort of test her when I fractured my upper arm at BDM
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 07-16-2011, 02:38 PM

Yeah, my mom was super protective until I was 18. And I mean, she would make me delete and get rid of my metal music whenever she found it when I was in middle school and early high school. It really sucked. After I turned 18, she at least had the sense to realize I was old enough to take care of myself.

Even now, when I'm at home, she likes it when I text her when the show is over. As long as I get up for work on time the next morning, and don't sleep during the day and get fired, I'm good.

I honestly don't know how I would act if I'm gonna be a parent like that someday. I'd probably want my kids to just call me when they're done and let me know when they get home. And if my kid wants to go to Terror, Hatebreed or Bonded by Blood before they're 18, its a no

Tags
abysmal dawn, origin, vital remains