The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-15-2011, 11:15 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisdead911 View Post
I'm gonna say this right off, I'm only doing the bands I watched, and if you have a problem with that, get the fuck out.

The Acacia Strain

Beast
The Hills Have Eyes
Whoa! Shut It Down!
See You Next Tuesday
You mad bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post

1) NO DEVIL WEARS PRADA!?!? Come on man, second best ban on that bill behind Acacia Strain! Much better live than on record, too!

2) I believed Miss May I played, too. You should've seen them; excellent band despite the shitty name.

3) As for Acacia Strain, that is a pitifully poor set. Seriously. They are better than all the bands on this tour combined!

4) that Winds of Plague setlist is actually pretty decent. The less songs they play off of Against the World, the better. One of my least favorite releases this year.

5)...you didn't happen to catch the Paramore set, did ya?

1.) You shame me

2.) They were awesome when I saw them at Warped. Yeah, I went but I didn't bother getting sets or anything. Also they did their cover of Swing Completely different than the studio version though, and was really good

3.) They played like 3 or 4 more songs when I saw them. Including JFC and Carbomb. They went on at 12:10 and were easily the best of the day

5.) Paramore wasn't at our date

Last edited by Nick_to_the_face; 07-17-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:16 PM

Also..I request permission to rant about Winds of Plague
Old 07-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Metal DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
*gets the fuck out*
Follows close behind
Old 07-16-2011, 06:36 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
Also..I request permission to rant about Winds of Plague
Go ahead! I'll try and defend them afterwards if you want. At least "Decimate the Weak"- era WoP.

And yeah, I was surprised if that was all the songs Acacia played. Probably not, as you guys said, simce they always close with carbomb. And I'm a little surprised I'm the only one here who likes Devil Wears Prada. The Zombie EP is incredible!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Meh.

Did anyone who went to Warped Tour see Big Chocolate? If so, was he any good?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Go ahead! I'll try and defend them afterwards if you want. At least "Decimate the Weak"- era WoP.

And yeah, I was surprised if that was all the songs Acacia played. Probably not, as you guys said, simce they always close with carbomb. And I'm a little surprised I'm the only one here who likes Devil Wears Prada. The Zombie EP is incredible!
Ok..I'll admit the Zombie EP is tolerable.

Alright here we go..first of all I REALLY like Winds of Plague, haters gonna hate (manks) and honestly they were one of the main reasons I went. So once it was time for them to come one, we and the peeps were stoked. (Btw The Devil Wears Prada played at the same time) and by the time me and some dudes convinced this drunk guy that TDWP was on the another stage, WoP hit the stage. But not in the way you would expect.

The guitarist comes on stage and says "Hey guys our singer can't sing, so is there anyone here who knows the lyrics to Refined in the Fire" So, I I though oh that's cool, they're gonna let a fan sing a song. SO some guy comes up, sings a halfassed version of it. It was cool. So I was like "YEAH IT"S TIME". Nope. Some chick who is related to WoP some how is like "Yeah I'll do my best!" Fuck. So they start doing Decimate the Weak. and I wouldn't have a problem with. IF THE BITCH WOULDN'T HAVE FORGOTTEN THE DAMN LYRICS. And this went on for almost every damn song. So I feel ripped...

ALSO, throughout the show they pulled out people from the crowd to sing and I wanted to go up and do The Impaler. BUT NOOOO she had to pull up some long haired jackass who did nothing but headbang...bastard

I'm done now.

Last edited by Nick_to_the_face; 07-17-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Altars of Radness

Wow.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:59 AM

So pissed...
Old 07-16-2011, 12:08 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_to_the_face View Post
Ok..I'll admit the Zombie EP is tolerable.

Alright here we go..first of all I REALLY like Winds of Plague, haters gonna hate (manks) and honestly they were one of the main reasons I went. So once it was time for them to come one, we and the peeps were stoked. (Btw The Devil Wears Prada played at the same time) and by the time me and some dudes convinced this drunk guy that TDWP was on the another stage they hit the stage. But not in the way you would expect.

The guitarist comes on stage and says "Hey guys our singer can't sing, so is there anyone here who knows the lyrics to Refined in the Fire" So, I I though oh that's cool, they're gonna let a fan sing a song. SO some guy comes up, sings a halfassed version of it. It was cool. So I was like "YEAH IT"S TIME". Nope. Some chick who is related to WoP some how is like "Yeah I'll do my best. Fuck. So they start doinf Decimate the Weak. and I wouldn't have a problem with. IF THE BITCH WOULDN'T HAVE FORGOTTEN THE DAMN LYRICS. And this went on for almost every damn song. So I feel ripped...

ALSO, throughout the show they pulled out people from the crowd to sing and I wanted to go up and do The Impaler. BUT NOOOO she had to pull up some long haired jackass who did nothing but headbang...bastard

I'm done now.
Shit! That sucks! As much as I like earlier Winds of Plague, I'd go see DWP live any day over them. But that's just me.

And how does someone not know the lyrics to Decimate the Weak that likes WoP?!?!?!?! Come on! That's like, the one WoP song I know all the lyrics to!
Old 07-16-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Shit! That sucks! As much as I like earlier Winds of Plague, I'd go see DWP live any day over them. But that's just me.

And how does someone not know the lyrics to Decimate the Weak that likes WoP?!?!?!?! Come on! That's like, the one WoP song I know all the lyrics to!
Exactly. But she wasn't just a fan. SHE WAS WITH THEM. WHY SHE LET THEM DOWN!?

Tags
august burns red, the acacia strain, winds of plague