Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, ON -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Travis The Dragon's Avatar
Travis The Dragon Travis The Dragon is offline
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,568
Primus -- Manchester, England -- July 12th, 2011

Pudding Time
Duchess and the Proverbial Mind Spread
The Eyes of the Squirrel
American Life
Frizzle Fry
Lee Van Cleef
Over The Falls
Tragedy's a-Comin'
Drum and Whamola Jam
Eleven
Jilly's on Smack
Green Ranger
My Name Is Mud
Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
Encore:
Southbound Pachyderm
John the Fisherman

SOURCE
__________________
Website Designer and Product Promotions for LightUpFun.com
My concerts, future and past: fonzbear2000.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-15-2011, 05:31 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
Pudding Time
Duchess and the Proverbial Mind Spread
The Eyes of the Squirrel
American Life
Frizzle Fry
Lee Van Cleef
Over The Falls
Tragedy's a-Comin'
Drum and Whamola Jam
Eleven
Jilly's on Smack
Green Ranger

My Name Is Mud
Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
Encore:
Southbound Pachyderm
John the Fisherman

SOURCE
WTF are these songs? Covers?
__________________
08/23 - Alice in Chains
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
WTF are these songs? Covers?
I guess you haven't been keeping up with the times? Those are songs off their upcoming album Green Naugahyde due this September.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-15-2011, 05:35 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
I guess you haven't been keeping up with the times? Those are songs off their upcoming album Green Naugahyde due this September.
Yeah, I just found that out now on Wikipedia. How is the new stuff?
__________________
08/23 - Alice in Chains
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-15-2011, 05:39 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Yeah, I just found that out now on Wikipedia. How is the new stuff?
I haven't actually heard a lot of the new songs except for The Last Salmon Man, Jilly's On Smack, and Green Ranger. But I think that Jilly's On Smack is incredible! Can't wait to hear professional quality studio version of that song.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Travis The Dragon's Avatar
Travis The Dragon Travis The Dragon is offline
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Posts: 2,568
Doing FOUR new songs before the album comes out! Too sweet!
__________________
Website Designer and Product Promotions for LightUpFun.com
My concerts, future and past: fonzbear2000.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-16-2011, 09:11 AM
bennythedog bennythedog is offline
Did somebody say Fair Warning? Lord strike that poor boy down!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Elmhurst, IL
Posts: 195
wooohoooo JTF's back!! My band used to cover that tune with the YYZ intro!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 AM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,326
I want to get into this band but every time I try they just don't do anything for me.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-16-2011, 07:06 PM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is online now
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,289
Something funny I just noticed about Primus, it seems like on every tour for an album the album before that album has become hated and ignored live. When I saw them tour for the Brown Album I can't remember them playing anything from Tales From the Punchbowl (they refused to play Winnona at that times even). Then later when touring for Anti-Pop Les Claypool was quoted as saying, "who wants to hear something from the Brown Album...me neither" and that was it. I don't think they played anything. That album didn't fit in with the sound they were going with at the time anyway. But they were playing stuff from Tales... again. Now here we are on what could be considered the beginning of the touring for Green Naugahyde and nothing from Anti-Pop, at least at the two shows posted here the last few days. But Brown Album stuff has worked it's way back into the set-list.

I can agree with them though for not playing anything from Anti-Pop.
__________________
08/23 - Alice in Chains
09/19 - Deafheaven
09/26 - Belphegor
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-16-2011, 07:11 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Something funny I just noticed about Primus, it seems like on every tour for an album the album before that album has become hated and ignored live. When I saw them tour for the Brown Album I can't remember them playing anything from Tales From the Punchbowl (they refused to play Winnona at that times even). Then later when touring for Anti-Pop Les Claypool was quoted as saying, "who wants to hear something from the Brown Album...me neither" and that was it. I don't think they played anything. That album didn't fit in with the sound they were going with at the time anyway. But they were playing stuff from Tales... again. Now here we are on what could be considered the beginning of the touring for Green Naugahyde and nothing from Anti-Pop, at least at the two shows posted here the last few days. But Brown Album stuff has worked it's way back into the set-list.

I can agree with them though for not playing anything from Anti-Pop
They still refuse to play Wynona's Big Brown Beaver. I mean at least since the start of the 2010 tour. And they have played one song off Antipop this tour which was Coattails Of A Dead Man. But yeah overall that's a pretty interesting concept you bring up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
primus

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008