Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Altars of Radness

Everything in the article made sense, but I still don't like Liturgy. It's not because they're hipsters, it's not because they're false, and it's not because of the Scion interview. I just can't stand the vocals. You could say they contrast the music, but to me they just don't work at all. The vocals remind me a lot of Xasthur, which just feels misplaced and awkward against Liturgy's optimistic sounding music.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:09 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Everything in the article made sense, but I still don't like Liturgy. It's not because they're hipsters, it's not because they're false, and it's not because of the Scion interview. I just can't stand the vocals. You could say they contrast the music, but to me they just don't work at all. The vocals remind me a lot of Xasthur, which just feels misplaced and awkward against Liturgy's optimistic sounding music.
And that's a purely logical reason not to listen to something; you don't like the way it sounds for reasons A, B, and C. First time I've read that reaction to Liturgy from someone who doesn't like them. I have nothing but respect for that.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Varg Vikernes may be an anti-Semitic convicted murderer, but at least he doesn't wear a v-neck.

Ok, that's some funny ass shit.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:22 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
Yeah, that is a good point. Singing would work much better, in my opinion. It's like they're trying to "transcend" beyond black metal, but most of the time, their music doesn't even sound like black metal, so by using black metal vocals, they are not transcending it at all, but restricting themselves. Clean vocals would be a perfect fit and would at the same time allow them to properly transcend black metal.

Tags
liturgy