Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
There's no reason to judge them based on the way they look. Have they said anything to you that has made you feel bad? Have they harmed you in anyway? We need to leave people alone and let them dress the way they want and listen to the music they want.
The way they look harms my eyes. They also like Slipknot. That's the most offensive thing about them.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 07-12-2011, 07:46 PM
That Guy

I rarely judge people on the way they look. When you look at me, you don't think Metal drummer. When I see a kid in a slipknot shirt, I don't automatically think, retard.

Sure there are a lot of retarded, emo, Hot Topic, Slipknot fans, but that doesn't mean all of them are. Hell my old Metal cover band used to do Slipknot and KoRn covers, and I was the youngest guy in the band by 15 years. (I'm 22 BTW). On the flip side we used to cover Sacred Reich, Suicidal Tendencies and Metal Church. I also have firends who adore Slipknot, but will go with me to see Dream Theater or Iced Earth anytime. Music is music.

Case in point, it's the person that sucks. The image only gives that illusion until you know them better.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:10 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
The mirror.

Sorry, I had to.
This

Don't tell me I can't judge someone based on the way they look. If they look a certain way, bets are they're trying to fit a certain stereotype, and thus I will assume they are part of that group and I will judge them as such.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:16 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
I know about that I hate youtubers. The worst thing is when they commemt on a metal video saying "You say lady gaga I say metallica, you say biber I scream iron maiden. Metal is dead, 98percent of teens today listen to rap and dont know real music, the other two percent will copy and paste this into another comment"
That and taking the amount of people who disliked a video and making some comment about those people that relates to the band or video. Although that's like that for all videos, not just metal vids. When that trend first started it was kind of funny and some of them were rather witty, but it just gets annoying. I mean, maybe 104 people saw the video, decided they didn't like it, clicked dislike, and continued on with their day.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
That and taking the amount of people who disliked a video and making some comment about those people that relates to the band or video. Although that's like that for all videos, not just metal vids. When that trend first started it was kind of funny and some of them were rather witty, but it just gets annoying. I mean, maybe 104 people saw the video, decided they didn't like it, clicked dislike, and continued on with their day.
I wrote one of those comments recently in a sarcastic manner and it became the highest rated comment for the video.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:26 PM
D.B.B.

I like Slipknot, Korn, Disturbed, and the such, but even I know that the stereotypical fan of theirs is a retard. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about being associated with Juggalo music.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:55 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

I've seen my fair share of retarded fans at death and black metal shows. You're pretty much guarenteed to see or be near at least one at ANY concert, no matter the genre.
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 - Distant Worlds: the Music of Final Fantasy
Old 07-13-2011, 04:14 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
You're pretty much guarenteed to see or be near at least one at ANY concert, no matter the genre.
This.

13/10 The Skull
29/10 Saint Vitus
6/11 Gilby Clarke
Old 07-13-2011, 10:02 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I wrote one of those comments recently in a sarcastic manner and it became the highest rated comment for the video.
Haha yeah, as I have I (the "clicked dislike and went on with their day"). I think my comment like that on the World painted blood video by Slayer is one of the higher rated comments. I mean I don't want to brag, since it's youtube, but whatever.

Tags
corey taylor