Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 07-12-2011, 07:07 AM
mastodon421's Avatar
mastodon421 mastodon421 is offline
Not popular in Buffalo
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swampscott,Massachusetts
Posts: 6,722
My friend calls BMTH Bring Me The Gays. It's really stupid, but it still make me laugh. Bring Me The Anal Lube is 1000x time funnier though, good work on that one.
__________________
9/28 Coheed and Cambria
10/10 Limp Bizkit

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mastodon421; 07-12-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-12-2011, 06:37 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 416
Machine Head question

So I have a question about Machine Head that maybe one of you veteran metalheads here can answer. So on the list of the many albums I have not had a chance to listen to, my older cousin let me borrow her two Machine Head CDs The Burning Red and The More Things Change... She says Machine Head is her favorite band.

Well anyways now I look at their first two setlists on the Mayhem tour (from setlist.fm) and nothing from either album. Now for my questions: Are Machine Head known to completely skip those two albums in their sets? And is my cousin missing a lot of good music by them off the albums she doesn't have of theirs?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-12-2011, 06:50 PM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
So I have a question about Machine Head that maybe one of you veteran metalheads here can answer. So on the list of the many albums I have not had a chance to listen to, my older cousin let me borrow her two Machine Head CDs The Burning Red and The More Things Change... She says Machine Head is her favorite band.

Well anyways now I look at their first two setlists on the Mayhem tour (from setlist.fm) and nothing from either album. Now for my questions: Are Machine Head known to completely skip those two albums in their sets? And is my cousin missing a lot of good music by them off the albums she doesn't have of theirs?
Well they usually play stuff from them in their headlining sets (only a couple of songs, though), but for Mayhem it's mainly from the The Blackening ("Imperium" is from Through the Ashes of Empires and "Locust" is going to be on their upcoming album).

And how the fuck can your cousin call MH her favorite band without having The Blackening or Burn My Eyes?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-12-2011, 06:55 PM
velvetgrass velvetgrass is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Greenfield, WI
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
And how the fuck can your cousin call MH her favorite band without having The Blackening or Burn My Eyes?
Better question is, why do so many people lose interest in following their so-called "favorite bands" after like a few albums? Now I'm glad I didn't tell her Machine Head are going to be in Tinley Park on the Mayhem tour. If she went she wouldn't even know one song by them, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-12-2011, 08:16 PM
jem777az jem777az is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
So I have a question about Machine Head that maybe one of you veteran metalheads here can answer. So on the list of the many albums I have not had a chance to listen to, my older cousin let me borrow her two Machine Head CDs The Burning Red and The More Things Change... She says Machine Head is her favorite band.

Well anyways now I look at their first two setlists on the Mayhem tour (from setlist.fm) and nothing from either album. Now for my questions: Are Machine Head known to completely skip those two albums in their sets? And is my cousin missing a lot of good music by them off the albums she doesn't have of theirs?
The problem with Machine Head and their setlists at both this Mayhem and the first Mayhem fest, is that their songs have gotten progressively longer with each album release. By choosing to play only recent stuff the band paints themselves in a corner and 5 songs is all they get in a 35 minute slot. I get that the band is happy with the success of the last few albums, but for fuck sake do you really need to play 3 songs from The Blackening? Play one song from each to represent the album and they would be getting 7 songs instead of the 5 that they currently get. No Burn My Eyes or The More Things Change represented is BULLSHIT!

Last edited by jem777az; 07-14-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-12-2011, 08:34 PM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
And how the fuck can your cousin call MH her favorite band without having The Blackening or Burn My Eyes?
She could have downloaded them, legally or illegally. He took the 2 albums she owns on CD, i'm assuming.

As far as why they don't play them, it probably has to do with wanting to promote the the newer stuff (as explained before), but probably also because they maybe don't like those albums, and know that it's probably their poorest received material by the majority of their fanbase. I mean I hate to jump on the "Machine Head chased a trend" bandwagon, but you look at the Burning Red and Supercharger and how those albums sounded combined with when those albums were released, it's hard not to raise and eyebrow and consider that they were going with whatever was popular at the time. Now someone said that they do play TBR and Supercharger songs during headlining sets, so maybe i'm completely incorrect about what I wrote.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-12-2011, 08:43 PM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
She could have downloaded them, legally or illegally. He took the 2 albums she owns on CD, i'm assuming.

As far as why they don't play them, it probably has to do with wanting to promote the the newer stuff (as explained before), but probably also because they maybe don't like those albums, and know that it's probably their poorest received material by the majority of their fanbase. I mean I hate to jump on the "Machine Head chased a trend" bandwagon, but you look at the Burning Red and Supercharger and how those albums sounded combined with when those albums were released, it's hard not to raise and eyebrow and consider that they were going with whatever was popular at the time. Now someone said that they do play TBR and Supercharger songs during headlining sets, so maybe i'm completely incorrect about what I wrote.
You're mostly correct haha.

Still, the absence of "Davidian" is unacceptable. That's their signature fucking song.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Xenocide's Avatar
Xenocide Xenocide is offline
Flying Whales is about fat chicks crowdsurfing.
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Still, the absence of "Davidian" is unacceptable. That's their signature fucking song.
Yeah. Aesthetics of Hate is a pretty crappy song, they should replace it with Davidian. I'm pumped to see Beautiful Mourning though
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM
masterguy49's Avatar
masterguy49 masterguy49 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
Yeah. Aesthetics of Hate is a pretty crappy song, they should replace it with Davidian. I'm pumped to see Beautiful Mourning though
GTFO.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Xenocide's Avatar
Xenocide Xenocide is offline
Flying Whales is about fat chicks crowdsurfing.
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 561
No thanks. Overrated song is overrated. One of the weakest songs on The Blackening imo.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
all shall perish, disturbed, godsmack, kingdom of sorrow, machine head, megadeth, red fang, straight line stitch, suicide silence, testament, trivium, unearth, valdur

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008