Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

My friend calls BMTH Bring Me The Gays. It's really stupid, but it still make me laugh. Bring Me The Anal Lube is 1000x time funnier though, good work on that one.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mastodon421; 07-12-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:37 PM
N00B

Machine Head question

So I have a question about Machine Head that maybe one of you veteran metalheads here can answer. So on the list of the many albums I have not had a chance to listen to, my older cousin let me borrow her two Machine Head CDs The Burning Red and The More Things Change... She says Machine Head is her favorite band.

Well anyways now I look at their first two setlists on the Mayhem tour (from setlist.fm) and nothing from either album. Now for my questions: Are Machine Head known to completely skip those two albums in their sets? And is my cousin missing a lot of good music by them off the albums she doesn't have of theirs?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:50 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
So I have a question about Machine Head that maybe one of you veteran metalheads here can answer. So on the list of the many albums I have not had a chance to listen to, my older cousin let me borrow her two Machine Head CDs The Burning Red and The More Things Change... She says Machine Head is her favorite band.

Well anyways now I look at their first two setlists on the Mayhem tour (from setlist.fm) and nothing from either album. Now for my questions: Are Machine Head known to completely skip those two albums in their sets? And is my cousin missing a lot of good music by them off the albums she doesn't have of theirs?
Well they usually play stuff from them in their headlining sets (only a couple of songs, though), but for Mayhem it's mainly from the The Blackening ("Imperium" is from Through the Ashes of Empires and "Locust" is going to be on their upcoming album).

And how the fuck can your cousin call MH her favorite band without having The Blackening or Burn My Eyes?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:55 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
And how the fuck can your cousin call MH her favorite band without having The Blackening or Burn My Eyes?
Better question is, why do so many people lose interest in following their so-called "favorite bands" after like a few albums? Now I'm glad I didn't tell her Machine Head are going to be in Tinley Park on the Mayhem tour. If she went she wouldn't even know one song by them, lol.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:16 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post

The problem with Machine Head and their setlists at both this Mayhem and the first Mayhem fest, is that their songs have gotten progressively longer with each album release. By choosing to play only recent stuff the band paints themselves in a corner and 5 songs is all they get in a 35 minute slot. I get that the band is happy with the success of the last few albums, but for fuck sake do you really need to play 3 songs from The Blackening? Play one song from each to represent the album and they would be getting 7 songs instead of the 5 that they currently get. No Burn My Eyes or The More Things Change represented is BULLSHIT!

Last edited by jem777az; 07-14-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:34 PM
N00B

Quote:
She could have downloaded them, legally or illegally. He took the 2 albums she owns on CD, i'm assuming.

As far as why they don't play them, it probably has to do with wanting to promote the the newer stuff (as explained before), but probably also because they maybe don't like those albums, and know that it's probably their poorest received material by the majority of their fanbase. I mean I hate to jump on the "Machine Head chased a trend" bandwagon, but you look at the Burning Red and Supercharger and how those albums sounded combined with when those albums were released, it's hard not to raise and eyebrow and consider that they were going with whatever was popular at the time. Now someone said that they do play TBR and Supercharger songs during headlining sets, so maybe i'm completely incorrect about what I wrote.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:43 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
She could have downloaded them, legally or illegally. He took the 2 albums she owns on CD, i'm assuming.

As far as why they don't play them, it probably has to do with wanting to promote the the newer stuff (as explained before), but probably also because they maybe don't like those albums, and know that it's probably their poorest received material by the majority of their fanbase. I mean I hate to jump on the "Machine Head chased a trend" bandwagon, but you look at the Burning Red and Supercharger and how those albums sounded combined with when those albums were released, it's hard not to raise and eyebrow and consider that they were going with whatever was popular at the time. Now someone said that they do play TBR and Supercharger songs during headlining sets, so maybe i'm completely incorrect about what I wrote.
You're mostly correct haha.

Still, the absence of "Davidian" is unacceptable. That's their signature fucking song.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Flying Whales is about fat chicks crowdsurfing.

Quote:
Still, the absence of "Davidian" is unacceptable. That's their signature fucking song.
Yeah. Aesthetics of Hate is a pretty crappy song, they should replace it with Davidian. I'm pumped to see Beautiful Mourning though
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
Yeah. Aesthetics of Hate is a pretty crappy song, they should replace it with Davidian. I'm pumped to see Beautiful Mourning though
GTFO.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Flying Whales is about fat chicks crowdsurfing.

No thanks. Overrated song is overrated. One of the weakest songs on The Blackening imo.

Tags
all shall perish, disturbed, godsmack, kingdom of sorrow, machine head, megadeth, red fang, straight line stitch, suicide silence, testament, trivium, unearth, valdur