Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 07-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Meh.

llama lom's Favorite Albums

So this is by no means an accurate list as it would probably change on a day to day basis. This is basically the general gist of what I typically listen to. I'm also not doing this in order since I can't choose. The majority is metal, but there's a couple non-metal stuff that I listen to as often, if not more, than others. Most of you will probably recognize most of these, but hopefully some won't and will check them out. And so it begins:

Abigail Williams - In The Shadow of a Thousand Suns

This is a great album, and pretty exciting. I don't think I've heard another album with the same sound as this. With Trym Torson's drumming on the majority of it and Ashley Ellyllon's keys, it makes for a great record. Ken Sorceron is a pretty good songwriter, and from what I understand on Facebook, he's a pretty cool guy. I think that many people tend to overlook this band because of their -core past, but this is definitely worth the listen.

Favorite Tracks:
The World Beyond, Empyrean: Into the Cold Wastes, The Departure
Old 07-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Honestly, I think Abigail Williams (or abby willy as I call them) get so much more shit than they deserve, especially nowadays. They're pretty much a straight-forward black metal band now. Saw them a loooong time ago open for Vader/Malevolent Creation/Cattle Decapitation and they were great.
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 07-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Meh.

They really do. From what I've seen either people hate them or just ignore them. The recent album was pretty good, but could be improved. I'm hoping they'll pull a couple of good songs off this album on the tour.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:54 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Not a big fan of AW, but they sounded great live when I saw them open for God Dethroned.

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)
Old 07-07-2011, 10:56 PM
That Guy

Abigail Williams are a great group of guys, crazy as fuck too.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Meh.

So for the longest time, Spiritual Black Dimensions would have been in this spot since I just love Vortex's vocals on that album. But I gave this a fresh listen about a month ago and it easily overtook it. A great blend of black metal and symphonic elements. I know there are some better bands/albums, but this one just really gets to me. I can easily listen to this in almost any mood and be content.

Favorite Tracks:
Spellbound (By the Devil), Tormentor of Christian Souls, Prudence's Fall
Old 07-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Meh.

I may or may not get some crap for the next two, but oh well.

I loved Whitechapel when I was in my "core" phase, but even as I grew out, I've still loved them. I loved the brutality that a deathcore band could bring out, and some of the songs were pretty catchy too. This album I feel is Whitechapel's best to date. It maintains the deathcore sound, but it sounds a lot more melodic (due to lack of any other way to describe it) and a lot more focused. This is probably their most accessible release to date (depending on how you look at it), and I think it's gotten them a lot more (good) attention.

Favorite Tracks:
Breeding Violence, End of Flesh, Murder Sermon

Yeah I love Korn. After starting off with the newer releases and working backwards, I realized how bad they've gotten with the newer albums. This album probably shows the Korn sound the best, and can get dark at times. With a lot of Korn classics like Good God and A.D.I.D.A.S., this is pretty much a staple with the discography.

Favorite Tracks:
Good God, No Place to Hide, Ass Itch, Kill You
Old 07-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Meh.

Awesome brutal death metal. Deep gutturals and all. GS was one of the first brutal death bands I found and I was blown away. The unrelenting sound of every song just obliterated my young mind. The guitars can get pretty crazy at times, but the drums really get to me. A million changes every second and it really adds to the chaos. For 95% of the album, I can't tell what time signature it's in, let alone if there even is one. It's just that crazy. Then come Blue's vocals. They aren't the typical gutturals from what I know, not the super burpy kind. From what I know they're inhales, but they're good inhales. Just listen to the damn thing.

Favorite Tracks:
Coprophilic Asphyxia, Torturous Impregnation by Fecalized Insemination, Sculpting Fragments of Mangled Cunt
Old 07-11-2011, 09:24 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama lom View Post

Awesome brutal death metal. Deep gutturals and all. GS was one of the first brutal death bands I found and I was blown away. The unrelenting sound of every song just obliterated my young mind. The guitars can get pretty crazy at times, but the drums really get to me. A million changes every second and it really adds to the chaos. For 95% of the album, I can't tell what time signature it's in, let alone if there even is one. It's just that crazy. Then come Blue's vocals. They aren't the typical gutturals from what I know, not the super burpy kind. From what I know they're inhales, but they're good inhales. Just listen to the damn thing.

Favorite Tracks:
Coprophilic Asphyxia, Torturous Impregnation by Fecalized Insemination, Sculpting Fragments of Mangled Cunt
These guys have some classy lyrics

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)
Old 07-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
These guys have some classy lyrics
Indeed!
"Grandma always did like all my girlfriends."