Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 07-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Force10's Avatar
Force10 Force10 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 68
I saw this tour in Albany NY. Suicidal opened.
I also recall a basketball hoop for one of the songs and Tate tried about 4 times before he made the layup - more hints of the demise that was on the way...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:56 AM
converge241 converge241 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brockton, MA
Posts: 204
I went to the Providence stop

I still LOL @ the basketball hoop @ during Best I Can

but a truly awesome show/tour..

p.s. I liked later on (either the Promised Land or Hear In The Now Frontier tour) when they would do a mini mindcrime and work "The Real World" into it..GODDAMN i love that song and it fit well

p.s.s. I ahve now seen them do Mindcrime so many times in its entirety (4 and then of course partially as well) that im a little burnt out on it live but still my fav album of all time
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Wrecking Crew Wrecking Crew is offline
Old Guy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 280
I saw this tour in Salt Lake City and someone so forgettable that I can't even remember who it was opened, definitely not Suicidal. Great concert overall but it definitely had a couple of cheesy parts, and no Screaming in Digital was lame as I think it's their best non-Mindcrime song. I also remember they were too cheap to have the female singer along and all her parts were on videotape. Favorite part: Tate: "Does anyone here in Salt Lake City tonight believe in love?" Crowd cheers. "Well I don't." leading into I Don't Believe in Love.
The only Queensryche concerts I have seen are this one and the Mindcrime 2 tour about 5 years ago. I think the Mindcrime 2 tour had more interesting staging but musically the band isn't as good anymore.
__________________
10-26 King Diamond
11-8 Deltron 3030
11-21 Judas Priest
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Force10's Avatar
Force10 Force10 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 68
That's right - Best I Can had the basketball hoop.

I've them 6 times - twice with full Mindcrime. The 1991 show was indeed very good, despite Silent Lucidity closing the show instead of a rocker.

I never liked the mini mindcrime portions - just seemed a bit forced.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll ever go to another Ryche show again...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-07-2011, 08:44 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
I saw this tour in Salt Lake City and someone so forgettable that I can't even remember who it was opened, definitely not Suicidal. Great concert overall but it definitely had a couple of cheesy parts, and no Screaming in Digital was lame as I think it's their best non-Mindcrime song. I also remember they were too cheap to have the female singer along and all her parts were on videotape. Favorite part: Tate: "Does anyone here in Salt Lake City tonight believe in love?" Crowd cheers. "Well I don't." leading into I Don't Believe in Love.
The only Queensryche concerts I have seen are this one and the Mindcrime 2 tour about 5 years ago. I think the Mindcrime 2 tour had more interesting staging but musically the band isn't as good anymore.
Suicidal opened on the first U.S. leg, Warrior Soul opened on the second leg.
__________________
08/18: Alice In Chains
08/19: Alice In Chains
09/21: Overkill
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-07-2011, 08:47 PM
es156's Avatar
es156 es156 is offline
Somewhere Back In Time
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by converge241 View Post
p.s. I liked later on (either the Promised Land or Hear In The Now Frontier tour) when they would do a mini mindcrime and work "The Real World" into it..GODDAMN i love that song and it fit well
That would have been the Promised Land tour. I will post that set when I get a chance.
__________________
08/18: Alice In Chains
08/19: Alice In Chains
09/21: Overkill
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-08-2011, 08:09 AM
bennythedog bennythedog is offline
Did somebody say Fair Warning? Lord strike that poor boy down!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Elmhurst, IL
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by es156 View Post
That would have been the Promised Land tour. I will post that set when I get a chance.
Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbD3jCG2uII

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obeFNbrbm_g
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
queensryche

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:24 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008