Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-06-2011, 08:11 AM
N00B

I like spazzed looking at the pictures.
I'm honestly so syked to see Devin! I hope I can meet him like you did as well!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 AM
N00B

Id love to see him solo live so badly, got to witness Strapping Young Lad a couple times. He will be performing a headlining concert at the COMMODORE BALLROOM in November according to Vancouver's local papers.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:08 PM
That Guy

Sorry Grammar Nazi's, I'm sorry I forgot the "n't" after being in 100 degree temperature for 3 bands and meeting my musical hero and one of my favorite drummers. I'll never let it happen again. :P

My review is coming later today/tonight. Kind of a busy day today. But it will be up today at some point.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguytoo9 View Post
Id love to see him solo live so badly, got to witness Strapping Young Lad a couple times. He will be performing a headlining concert at the COMMODORE BALLROOM in November according to Vancouver's local papers.
Were you at the show last October @ the Rickshaw?! That was an awesome set.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:18 PM
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Sorry Grammar Nazi's
Were I truly a Nazi (a buddy of mine actually refers to me as Greg "The Grammar" Valentine), I'd point out that you don't add an apostrophe when you're simply pluralizing a word. Apostrophes denote ownership.

Either way, I'm glad you had an awesome time. That's what it's all about!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:44 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_Shaman View Post
Were you at the show last October @ the Rickshaw?! That was an awesome set.
I did not attend said show sadly
Old 07-06-2011, 01:50 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost at Number One View Post
Were I truly a Nazi (a buddy of mine actually refers to me as Greg "The Grammar" Valentine), I'd point out that you don't add an apostrophe when you're simply pluralizing a word. Apostrophes denote ownership.

Either way, I'm glad you had an awesome time. That's what it's all about!
Yeah I was just joking around anyways.

Best night of my life.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:24 PM
That Guy

I guess I can my write up now. Now that I'm finally not dying from heat

The started off with Angra and I doing our 2nd podcast of Epic Rock Talk. I'm sure one of us will post the link for it soon. its a bit shorter then the first one, 49 minutes, but it's cool stuff and little more to the point and not as A.D.D as the first one. haha

After that I got in line at Station 4 in St. Paul, and as soon as I got there, my guitarist from the now defunct Tears Of Ash was there with his girlfriend and a couple other friends, so we hung out almost the entire night. The entire show was running late. the show was suppose to stat at 6:30 but I don't think anybody got inside the building before 7pm.

We got inside and it was soooooooo fuuuuuuucking hooooot! it sucked!

The first band up was Septic Flesh and we only stayed for one song before we had to go outside. It wasn't so much because they were bad, it had more to do with how hot it was inside. It was well over 100 degrees insides and in the 80s outside. So I don't have much of a review of Septic Flesh besides hearing the first song.

Obscura was up next and they blew my mind. I wish they had a better live mix as some of it was hard to hear, but watching them play was so damn good. all 5 songs they played were perfection. Omnvium is one of my favorite albums of the year, lve, it's mindblowing. Hannes is one of the best drummers out there. how he played in a stocking cap is crazy to me with the conditions inside.

next up, and the end of the show for me, DEVIN TOWNSEND. He came out in his leisure suit (he was dying after the set). he had to do an appreviated set, luckily only cutting one song, Juulaar because of the heat, and a little bit of technical problems in the beginning, more so the heat. Dev was funny as hell on stage. right before Supercrush he says "This song is for the 16 girls out in the audience, this is how middle aged 40 year old Canadian nerds right love songs." And of course many jokes about the heat. I have the setlist pic of anyone wants to see it, otherwise it's up on my facebook.

After Dev left the stage, we immediately went outside so I wouldn't die. Once I got a little bit of energy back I went back tot eh bar to go find RVP (Dev's drummer). I've known RVP for years online. We've been talking and exchanging emails since before Synchestra came out. Last night was the first time we actually got to hang out. We talked for a few seconds and said we could hang out after he was done packing up the gear. AWESOME!

Also during this time Children Of Bodom did their headlining set. I wasn't interested. My guitarist said it best, the new COB album is a way for Alexi to play and be drunk on stage at the same time.

So while I was waiting, I found Dev at the bar (no he wasn't drinking, that's where the merch tables were setup.) After a swarm of people left, my guitarist, his girlfriend and I all got pictures with Dev. I wanted to talk to Dev for hours, but I just kept it very simple saying it was a real honor to meet him and I shook his hand. then the swarms came back after Dev.

About 20-25 minutes later, RVP came up to me and we finally got to hang out for a good half hour. We've been talking about this for years and we were both really happy to hang out for a bit. I got him to do a Station I.D. for a local radio station, KFAI, and their metal show, the Root Of All Evil, upon request of the host of the show. (Which I'll be apart of in the near future, more on that in the future...) But after that we were just shooting the shit about music, drums, touring, band life, all that good stuff. Also he let me in on the news that They are going on a North American HEADLINING tour in October. I'm not entirely sure it's coming to Minnesota, as the itinerary has not been finalized yet, but if it is not, my guitarist and I are making the trip to Chicago. No question about it!

As usual, my reviews rarely had anything to do about the actual show, but more to do with everything outside the sets. If this is tour is coming near you....GO!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 PM
That Guy

BY YOUR COMMAND:

http:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt-ceNpOcxM//
Old 07-06-2011, 03:57 PM
That Guy

Obscura:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsHGgwqO-HQ

Tags
devin townsend project