Ghost -- Boulder, CO -- April 23rd, 2014
Gideon -- Toledo, OH -- April 22nd, 2014
Queensryche -- Uncasville, CT -- April 19th, 2014
Scott Stapp -- London, England -- April 23rd, 2014
Megadeth -- Quito, Ecuador -- April 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-05-2011, 10:03 AM
That Guy

What I love most about this set is that I've seen Dream Theater on their last 4 headlining tours, and I've only seen HALF of this setlist live. That is a very good sign.

I'll be ok if I don't hear As I Am, Pull Me Under, The Spirit Carries On, and Panic Attack for a tour or two.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:04 AM
N00B

I love Dream Theater, but I'm not the biggest fan in the world because I don't have four of their albums (When Dream And Day Unite, Falling Into Infinity, Metropolis Pt. 2, & Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence). They weren't at the library so that's why I don't have them but I hope to buy them in the near future. So I actually only know 8 songs from this setlist including the new one On The Backs Of Angels.

I am really happy to see These Walls, Forsaken, and The Count Of Tuscany in this setlist. I know you guys are going to diss me on this one because it's a "mainstream" song but I wish Panic Attack was in this set. It would also be great to see Sacrificed Sons, A Rite Of Passage, Prophets Of War, and Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle And The Sleeper sometime this tour.

But putting my criticisms aside, this setlist is great. I like that they're including deep cuts for the hardcore DT fans and playing a set that spans their whole career. BTW, what's Mike Portnoy doing now that he's not in DT and A7X? The last I heard he was in a Beatles cover band called Yellow Matter Custard.
Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden (7/24)
Linkin Park/30 Seconds To Mars (8/29)
Old 07-05-2011, 10:10 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetgrass View Post
I love Dream Theater, but I'm not the biggest fan in the world because I don't have four of their albums (When Dream And Day Unite, Falling Into Infinity, Metropolis Pt. 2, & Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence). They weren't at the library so that's why I don't have them but I hope to buy them in the near future. So I actually only know 8 songs from this setlist including the new one On The Backs Of Angels.

I am really happy to see These Walls, Forsaken, and The Count Of Tuscany in this setlist. I know you guys are going to diss me on this one because it's a "mainstream" song but I wish Panic Attack was in this set. It would also be great to see Sacrificed Sons, A Rite Of Passage, Prophets Of War, and Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle And The Sleeper sometime this tour.

But putting my criticisms aside, this setlist is great. I like that they're including deep cuts for the hardcore DT fans and playing a set that spans their whole career. BTW, what's Mike Portnoy doing now that he's not in DT and A7X? The last I heard he was in a Beatles cover band called Yellow Matter Custard.
He's got 2 bands that are putting out albums in the near future, one with Adrenaline Mob featuring Russell Allen of Symphony X (Groove Metal) and one band that is currently unnamed featuring Neal Morse, Steve Morse, Dave LaRue and Casey McPherson.

He also has a project he will be recording drums for in 2 weeks that in completely unknown except for the fact that Eddie Trunk is getting a huge hard on for it, so my guess is that he is the new drummer of U.F.O.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
What I love most about this set is that I've seen Dream Theater on their last 4 headlining tours, and I've only seen HALF of this setlist live. That is a very good sign.

I'll be ok if I don't hear As I Am, Pull Me Under, The Spirit Carries On, and Panic Attack for a tour or two.
Especially that damn Panic Attack. I mean, I like it, but shit, I've probably seen it 6 times now.

I think I've seen every song on this set except for Ytse Jam in it's entirety and the new one. But I've seen DT 14 times so I've pretty much seen the whole catalog at one point.

Last edited by gilpdawg; 07-05-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:02 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

This almost seems like an anti Portnoy setlist. Under a Glass Moon Learning to Live Endless Sacrifice. If they keep this set or something similar when they come back here, i will be very happy. I think i recall Portnoy saying that he didn't like the Awake album, thats why so few of it ever got played live
Old 07-07-2011, 02:04 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chewbacca defense View Post
This almost seems like an anti Portnoy setlist. Under a Glass Moon Learning to Live Endless Sacrifice. If they keep this set or something similar when they come back here, i will be very happy. I think i recall Portnoy saying that he didn't like the Awake album, thats why so few of it ever got played live
That would be Falling Into Infinity.

Not because of the music, but everything that was going on between DT and the label at the time. They almost broke up because of the lack of control they were experiencing.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
These Walls is the most underrated DT song.
It's actually just about the only DT song I like.
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Old 07-07-2011, 03:18 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
It's actually just about the only DT song I like.
Whats the one(s)?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Whats the one(s)?
The other ones? Count of Tuscany, Pull Me Under, Home, and the single from Black Clouds (I forget the name) are all kinda cool.
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Old 07-07-2011, 04:01 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
and the single from Black Clouds (I forget the name) are all kinda cool.
Rite of Passage prob (which was played at the maiden tour) or Withered which was also a single

Tags
dream theater