Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014
Puya -- Washington, D.C. -- September 17th, 2014
Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 07-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Out of that set, I'm only crazy about Endless Sacrifice, Peruvian Skies, Through My Words, and Fatal Tragedy. That's not worth what they're charging here. Where is The Spirit Carries On? As I Am? Pull Me Under? Through Her Eyes? Solitary Shell? Sacrificed Sons? Dissapointed, I am.
You are aware they change their sets all the time? I'd put money on the fact that all the songs you've listed will show up at some point during the tour. Plus, give Mangini a chance to learn everything before we start saying "where's this and that".

Also, how the hell do you not love UAGM, LTL and CIAW?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-04-2011, 02:49 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Out of that set, I'm only crazy about Endless Sacrifice, Peruvian Skies, Through My Words, and Fatal Tragedy. That's not worth what they're charging here. Where is The Spirit Carries On? As I Am? Pull Me Under? Through Her Eyes? Solitary Shell? Sacrificed Sons? Dissapointed, I am.
With the exception of Solitary Shell and Through Her Eyes. all of those songs are very well overplayed. The last 6 world tours in fact.

Solitary Shell was played on Progressive Nation 2009, and Through Her Eyes hasn't been played since SFAM.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-04-2011, 02:52 PM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
With the exception of Solitary Shell and Through Her Eyes. all of those songs are very well overplayed. The last 6 world tours in fact.

Solitary Shell was played on Progressive Nation 2009, and Through Her Eyes hasn't been played since SFAM.
Forgive me for discovering them in the past year, oh mighty one.
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-04-2011, 02:54 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Forgive me for discovering them in the past year, oh mighty one.
Hmmm tough choice....




Alight you are forgiven.....for now! Now get crackin' on checking out the songs you don't like on the set, and see how wrong you are.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-04-2011, 02:56 PM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Hmmm tough choice....




Alight you are forgiven.....for now! Now get crackin' on checking out the songs you don't like on the set, and see how wrong you are.
Hell, what difference does it make? I'm still not going to be around for their show, it'll just upset me more. It already sucks beyond belief I won't be here for The Mars Volta, Rosetta, The Doors, Kaiser Chiefs, and Hole
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-04-2011, 03:00 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Hell, what difference does it make? I'm still not going to be around for their show, it'll just upset me more. It already sucks beyond belief I won't be here for The Mars Volta, Rosetta, The Doors, Kaiser Chiefs, and Hole
You make it sound as if DT is never coming back ever.

Also, the point is to discover new music and enjoy it!


heheheheheheheheh you said Hole.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-04-2011, 03:03 PM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
You make it sound as if DT is never coming back ever.

Also, the point is to discover new music and enjoy it!


heheheheheheheheh you said Hole.
Well, I can safely say that it won't be soon, their next show in Russia.

I actually like Hole, but I don't know how Courtney is going to hold up against the countless Kurt Cobain fangirls who will be ready to tear her to bits for 'killing' him.
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-04-2011, 03:06 PM
MPF's Avatar
MPF MPF is offline
That Guy
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 8,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Well, I can safely say that it won't be soon, their next show in Russia.

I actually like Hole, but I don't know how Courtney is going to hold up against the countless Kurt Cobain fangirls who will be ready to tear her to bits for 'killing' him.
I meant that more as a Beavis and Butthead reference about Hole. Not against Courtney. Although I do find it hilarious that there is a Minnesota Nirvana Tribute band called Courtney Did It.

I wouldn't put it passed them to hit Russia in the near future, maybe even next summer. The world tour is going through 2012.
__________________
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
http://www.thatdrummerguy.com
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-04-2011, 03:10 PM
bigguytoo9 bigguytoo9 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 603
Count Of Toscany is one of the worst DT songs ahahah the lyrics make me laugh out loud.

Last edited by bigguytoo9; 07-04-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-04-2011, 03:10 PM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I meant that more as a Beavis and Butthead reference about Hole. Not against Courtney. Although I do find it hilarious that there is a Minnesota Nirvana Tribute band called Courtney Did It.

I wouldn't put it passed them to hit Russia in the near future, maybe even next summer. The world tour is going through 2012.
What world tour is going to fucking stop in the same city twice? Especially in Russia, dude.
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dream theater

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008