Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-03-2011, 08:23 AM
n00basaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
THANK YOU JESUS THEY DIDN'T END WITH SEEK & DESTROY
YES^

Seek and Destroy is such a lame song. Creeping Death is a awesome alternative.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:24 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Am I the only person in the world who is saddened on a nightly basis that 0 Load songs make it into the set? This setlist is half good anyway, if they are going to insist on playing black album songs, at least make them good songs, The Struggle Within for example.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:44 AM
N00B

Quality set, seen metallica numerous times and glad they've changed set up etc.

I think Hit the Lights is an awesome opener, going straight into MOP.

Cant wait til Friday - big 4 in the UK. Hope they keep Call of Kutlu, Shortest straw and throw in another ride the lightning track (Fight fire, Trapped under ice or ride the lightning would be nice!)

When metallica was announced as headliner their was alot of criticism from other festivals as they keep coming to the UK every year headlining festivals/doing tours, but they are always going to sell out as every performance is different - after seeing maiden 5 times on seperate tours, ive given up to be honest, unless they something drastically different!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:47 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maideneer View Post
Am I the only person in the world who is saddened on a nightly basis that 0 Load songs make it into the set? This setlist is half good anyway, if they are going to insist on playing black album songs, at least make them good songs, The Struggle Within for example.
No, you're not. Although my favorite Metallica album is Master Of Puppets, Load is a close second so it kinda sucks that they don't put anything Load songs in the set.
Bastille (10/18)
Old 07-03-2011, 08:50 AM
N00B

The full Anthrax setlist has been posted on setlist.fm. Here it is for those who are interested-

Caught in a Mosh
Madhouse
Got the Time
Among the Living
Antisocial
Indians
Fight 'Em Till You Can't Play
Metal Thrashing Mad
Medusa
Refuse/Resist
I Am The Law

^ I honestly don't know anything about Anthrax so I can't comment on the setlist. I have Among The Living and Sound Of White Noise but haven't had a chance to listen to them along with MANY other albums.
Bastille (10/18)
Old 07-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Load is a peice of crap album. The band has come to realize this and the majority of the fans have known this for a very long time now. When most of your fanbase doesn't like the album, just like Shit Anger you avoid playing anything off it.

Plus, there's too much older material that needs to be represented so the few songs off Load that are actually worthy of playing don't have a shot to begin with.

My favorite thing on this site is when someone complains "why don't they do this song" and it turns out to be a songs the band has never played live ever. TSW is an ok tune but I wouldn't want to hear it live because it's not a sinifigant song to their catalog and it would just be taking up a spot where something better from the first four albums could go.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:24 AM
The infection has been removed, the soul of this machine has improved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Load is a peice of crap album. The band has come to realize this and the majority of the fans have known this for a very long time now. When most of your fanbase doesn't like the album, just like Shit Anger you avoid playing anything off it.

Plus, there's too much older material that needs to be represented so the few songs off Load that are actually worthy of playing don't have a shot to begin with.

My favorite thing on this site is when someone complains "why don't they do this song" and it turns out to be a songs the band has never played live ever. TSW is an ok tune but I wouldn't want to hear it live because it's not a sinifigant song to their catalog and it would just be taking up a spot where something better from the first four albums could go.
Play the first 4 albums on repeat at home then is what you are essentially lobbying for. You seem to like the Frosted Flakes every day of your life, I'll take the variety pack thanks. What incredibly boring thinking you have.

I'm not a St. Anger fan, but playing something off of it wouldn't hurt either. The way they turned All Within My Hands into that acoustic number a few years ago was absolute genius and deserves a spot in any set list they play, nightly.

I also didn't know you spoke for the "majority" of fans, Mr. Ambassador. I guess I'm not in the majority, perfectly fine by me then.

Your intra-album warfare does nothing to further the cause of the band, it only hinders it and forces a demented thought process that only the first four albums are sacred and anything post-1988 is the next set of albums up for debate in the live song selection process.

Time to step out of the box.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:32 AM
N00B

Quote:
Play the first 4 albums on repeat at home then is what you are essentially lobbying for. You seem to like the Frosted Flakes every day of your life, I'll take the variety pack thanks. What incredibly boring thinking you have.

I'm not a St. Anger fan, but playing something off of it wouldn't hurt either. The way they turned All Within My Hands into that acoustic number a few years ago was absolute genius and deserves a spot in any set list they play, nightly.

I also didn't know you spoke for the "majority" of fans, Mr. Ambassador. I guess I'm not in the majority, perfectly fine by me then.

Your intra-album warfare does nothing to further the cause of the band, it only hinders it and forces a demented thought process that only the first four albums are sacred and anything post-1988 is the next set of albums up for debate in the live song selection process.

I think most of the reason they are playing a huge amount of old material is simply because they did not perform no where near as much (old material) in the last decade, and especially in the 90s.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:

Where did I say that only the first four albums are sacred? I don't see that statement in my post anywhere. I was just knocking their two worst albums and giving praise to their four best ones. TBA, Reload and DM are all good albums. It's just most of Load and all of St. Anger are garbage. Every band has bad releases and those two happen to be Metallica's.

Metallica does do a good variety in their sets and that's one of the things I love about them live. But to think that something like TSW would somehow make the set after 20 years isn't oustside the box thinking, it's crazy thinking.

I'd love to see Escape, EOTB, TFEOS, THTJB or Fixxxer in the set but honestly I know it's not gonna happen and you move on. It's not worth complaining over because it's not gonna change the bands thinking.

No, i'm not an official ambassador. But i've been a fan of the band for over 20 years. When you've been a fan for that long you get a good idea of what the majority of the fanbase is like and what they want to hear live.

Metallica can't play every song they've recorded live but i'd like to think by now that they've established that they do enough variety live that people would stop complaining about "why don't they do this or that instead". I guess people are gonna say that no matter what, even though they change the set on a nightly basis.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:26 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:

Someone's mad.

Tags
metallica