The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-25-2011, 11:56 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post

ALSO: It sounded like when Children of Bodom played "Children of Bodom" they cut off the end and went straight into "Hate Me!", but I could be wrong.
no you're right http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEr1w7ouDUk

and thanks for the obscura set list... i tried recording the last 3 songs but i fucked up on their 4th song by not hitting record and i didn't catch it till half way
6/14 Mötley Crüe (Working)
6/24 Children of Bodom
7/22 Soundgarden (Working)
Old 06-26-2011, 12:03 AM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
SepticFlesh did. And they started letting people in 20 minutes late, so I missed the first two songs. It wasn't a big deal though, because they were really awkward live with all the backing tracks.

Obscura:

Anticosmic Overload
Ocean Gateways
Incarnated
Vortex Omnivium
Centric Flow

I wish they played longer because they were by far the best band of the night. They said they will be back next year.

ALSO: It sounded like when Children of Bodom played "Children of Bodom" they cut off the end and went straight into "Hate Me!", but I could be wrong.
Awesome Obscura set. Kinda disappointed by Dev's. Not to say the songs aren't badass, but he's been a lot of those songs since he got back into touring. I could never complain as July 5th will be my first time seeing/meeting my god. And RVP, who is a badass drummer and a cool guy.

All I case about is being in the front for Obscura and Devin Townsend, most likely the rest of the time, unless the crowd is big enough I'll be in the front for Septic Flesh, and by the merch tables for COB.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky4502 View Post
no you're right http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEr1w7ouDUk

and thanks for the obscura set list... i tried recording the last 3 songs but i fucked up on their 4th song by not hitting record and i didn't catch it till half way
No problem, and thanks for the video! That was my favorite part of their set.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magson13 View Post
That Bodom set is bland. Oh well though, still stoked on the three openers. The reason I'm going to the show anyways.
I'm bummed that I had to miss those openers, but I didn't really feel like driving out to LA to see the only bands I care about play short sets. Had there been a different headliner I wouldn't have thought twice about going to this.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Nothing I can't live without seeing
I hear you. I bought my (overpriced) ticket a while ago, and I would have liked to see the show then, but I'm not particularly stoked on any of the bands right now. Hopefully it'll be better come show time. I hate having to buy tickets so far in advance but shows sell out pretty quickly up here. Haven't seen Bodom headlining yet though, so it should be cool.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:07 AM
N00B

Bastards never play "Are You Dead Yet?" or "Hatecrew Deathroll" when I've seen them
Living Colour
Slipknot/KoRn
Old 06-26-2011, 04:17 AM
N00B

Pretty cool set by Devin. Supercrush is probably the best song off of Addicted.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:49 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

*I get to see Obscuuuuura headline in an offfffff date*

(in a jeering singing voice)

Old 06-26-2011, 06:55 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

I'm ok with all the sets. Septicflesh is what I imagined it would be, but I'm bummed there's nothing from Sumerian Daemons in there. Virtues of the Beast is incredible live.

As for the DTP set, By Your Command and Stand are both 9 minutes long, so he gets to play for a decent amount. I am suprised that he's playing Stand, though, I figured he would've picked Juular and Sumeria to play off of Deconstruction. Other than the Deconstruction songs it's the same set he's had for a year or so now, which is fine by me because I haven't seen him yet.

The Bodom set is a little heavy on the new stuff, but the songs from Relentless Reckless Forever they're playing aren't that bad. They just need more stuff off the first couple albums, but oh well, I don't really care about them anymore. I'm sure they'll put on a good show though.

Looking forward to this show.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:00 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
I'm ok with all the sets. Septicflesh is what I imagined it would be, but I'm bummed there's nothing from Sumerian Daemons in there. Virtues of the Beast is incredible live.

As for the DTP set, By Your Command and Stand are both 9 minutes long, so he gets to play for a decent amount. I am suprised that he's playing Stand, though, I figured he would've picked Juular and Sumeria to play off of Deconstruction. Other than the Deconstruction songs it's the same set he's had for a year or so now, which is fine by me because I haven't seen him yet.

The Bodom set is a little heavy on the new stuff, but the songs from Relentless Reckless Forever they're playing aren't that bad. They just need more stuff off the first couple albums, but oh well, I don't really care about them anymore. I'm sure they'll put on a good show though.

Looking forward to this show.
honestly I thought he would put in Poltergiest(sp) from Deconstruction. It's shorter, and is heavy (probably the most similar to SYL as well).

Tags
children of bodom, devin townsend project, obscura, septic flesh, septicflesh