Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Parkway Drive -- Moscow, Russia -- June 14th, 2011

Did not attend show due to exams - I'm sure it was fun.

Samsara
Unrest
Boneyards
Idols And Anchors
The Sirens' Song
Sleepwalker
Romance Is Dead
Leviathan I
Smoke 'em If Ya Got 'em
Dead Man's Chest
Deliver Me
Horizons

Carrion

Source: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/parkwa...-1bd315c4.html
3/15 Gogol Bordello

Last edited by brutal_descent; 06-18-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Did not attend show due to exams - I'm sure it was fun.

Samsara
Unrest
Boneyards
Idols And Anchors
The Sirens' Song
Sleepwalker
Romance Is Dead
Leviathan I
Smoke 'em If Ya Got 'em
Dead Man's Chest
Deliver Me
Horizons

Carrion
jd sure thought it was
Old 06-17-2011, 10:33 AM
N00B

Great set! Parkway Drive is one of my favorite metalcore bands and they are great live
Old 06-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
jd sure thought it was
Yeah, JD's tastes are surprising. Liking Agalloch and Alcest, as well as bands like Whitechapel and Parkway Drive, is, I must say, somewhat bizarre.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Altars of Radness

I'm not a big Parkway Drive fan, but I did see them when they came here. You guys got "Smoke 'em If Ya Got 'em" and "Horizons" and we got neither...
Old 06-17-2011, 02:55 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
jd sure thought it was
Parkway Drive is fucking fantastic! If you're gonna like any 1 metalcore band, they're the one to like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Yeah, JD's tastes are surprising. Liking Agalloch and Alcest, as well as bands like Whitechapel and Parkway Drive, is, I must say, somewhat bizarre.
I like to think that I'm unique in my tastes.

I grew up on Metallica, branched off to metalcore, moved to Lamb of God and Chimaira, moved to death metal, branched to deathcore, branched off to progressive metal, branched off to mathcore/older metalcore, had a re-epiphany of melodic metalcore, moved to a bit of black metal... and recently I've grown to really love hardcore and "progressive black", or whatever the fuck you call Agalloch, in the last month or so. I really wish I would have liked their stuff 3 months back when they came to Chicago.

My tastes are pretty darn complex. I mean, I grew up as a musician, playing the cello for most of my life and picking up guitar in middle school. I just really appreciate metal that either has good musicians, or is catchy. That's whats beautiful about metal: it fits me, no matter what mood I'm in. Feel like chilling out? Agalloch, Alcest, Russian Circles, Scale the Summit. Feel like driving fast and scaring kids? Ensiferum, Terror, Decapitated, Black Dahlia Murder. Feel like running and working out to a certain groove? After the Burial, Lamb of God, Chimaira, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, Acacia Strain. Feel like crying when I hear how bad I am at guitar? Necrophagist, Obscura, The Faceless, Anata, Psycroptic. Feel like closing my eyes and taking my head for a spin? Mastodon, Baroness, Opeth, Animals as Leaders. Feel like a catchy tune? Miss May I, Devil Wears Prada, Trivium, All That Remains.

And that's only a portion of some bands I enjoy. The only metal I've tried to get into heavily and haven't succeeded yet is straight up black metal. I really, really want to- I love the imagery, mindset, and passion, but musically I always get a little bored. I'm sure I'll mature into it, though. I can listen to a couple Emperor or Immortal songs, but thats it. I need to take breaks. Hopefully I can overcome that ear-barrier.

I WILL say that all those kiddie-bands- the metalcore and deathcore bands- I like only musically. I hate the image and crowd they have (though my experiences of Parkway Drive and Whitechapel live were both rather good, lacking those kinds of crowds). Oh, and crabcore sucks, and will always suck. Fuck Asking Alexandria.

BUT BACK TO MY ORIGINAL POINT THAT I WAS GONNA POST:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Smoke 'em If Ya Got 'em
You lucky motherfucker. They left that one out of my set, and its my favorite. I really kind of wish they didn't play Carrion live, either, or at least not close with it. That song bores me. We did get "Set to Destroy", which I thought was pretty cool.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
I like to think that I'm unique in my tastes.

I grew up on Metallica, branched off to metalcore, moved to Lamb of God and Chimaira, moved to death metal, branched to deathcore, branched off to progressive metal, branched off to mathcore/older metalcore, had a re-epiphany of melodic metalcore, moved to a bit of black metal... and recently I've grown to really love hardcore and "progressive black", or whatever the fuck you call Agalloch, in the last month or so. I really wish I would have liked their stuff 3 months back when they came to Chicago.

My tastes are pretty darn complex. I mean, I grew up as a musician, playing the cello for most of my life and picking up guitar in middle school. I just really appreciate metal that either has good musicians, or is catchy. That's whats beautiful about metal: it fits me, no matter what mood I'm in. Feel like chilling out? Agalloch, Alcest, Russian Circles, Scale the Summit. Feel like driving fast and scaring kids? Ensiferum, Terror, Decapitated, Black Dahlia Murder. Feel like running and working out to a certain groove? After the Burial, Lamb of God, Chimaira, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, Acacia Strain. Feel like crying when I hear how bad I am at guitar? Necrophagist, Obscura, The Faceless, Anata, Psycroptic. Feel like closing my eyes and taking my head for a spin? Mastodon, Baroness, Opeth, Animals as Leaders. Feel like a catchy tune? Miss May I, Devil Wears Prada, Trivium, All That Remains.

And that's only a portion of some bands I enjoy. The only metal I've tried to get into heavily and haven't succeeded yet is straight up black metal. I really, really want to- I love the imagery, mindset, and passion, but musically I always get a little bored. I'm sure I'll mature into it, though. I can listen to a couple Emperor or Immortal songs, but thats it. I need to take breaks. Hopefully I can overcome that ear-barrier.

I WILL say that all those kiddie-bands- the metalcore and deathcore bands- I like only musically. I hate the image and crowd they have (though my experiences of Parkway Drive and Whitechapel live were both rather good, lacking those kinds of crowds). Oh, and crabcore sucks, and will always suck. Fuck Asking Alexandria.
You're turning into Sepultura69...

and Parkway Drive is decent on record, but they sucked donkey balls at Warped. On the other hand, Suicide Silence were great at Warped, but they suck donkey balls on record. Funny how those things play out.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
You're turning into Sepultura69...

and Parkway Drive is decent on record, but they sucked donkey balls at Warped. On the other hand, Suicide Silence were great at Warped, but they suck donkey balls on record. Funny how those things play out.
Hmm. I keep hearing people say Suicide sucks live; I guess I'm just gonna have to find out in August. They're co-headlining a Mayhem off-date with Unearth, so it should at least be half-cool. Warped Tour crowds are always really... weird, I guess. I remember seeing tons of crab kids dancing for Parkway on Youtube, but it was all moshes at the concert I saw. Pretty cool.

And how am I turning into Sep? Ironically, I'm not a huge Sepultura fan. I appreciate them for what they did, but I could never really dig their style. AND I'm not a hip-hop or rap fan either, unlike our aficionado friend.

If its not metal for me, its either jam rock (LOTS of Phish), lots of post-hardcore, some trance electronica, some house, some trip-hop, and some Katy Perry
Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Hmm. I keep hearing people say Suicide sucks live; I guess I'm just gonna have to find out in August. They're co-headlining a Mayhem off-date with Unearth, so it should at least be half-cool. Warped Tour crowds are always really... weird, I guess. I remember seeing tons of crab kids dancing for Parkway on Youtube, but it was all moshes at the concert I saw. Pretty cool.

And how am I turning into Sep? Ironically, I'm not a huge Sepultura fan. I appreciate them for what they did, but I could never really dig their style. AND I'm not a hip-hop or rap fan either, unlike our aficionado friend.

If its not metal for me, its either jam rock (LOTS of Phish), lots of post-hardcore, some trance electronica, some house, some trip-hop, and some Katy Perry
He always tells realllllly long stories, especially those defending his music tastes.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
He always tells realllllly long stories, especially those defending his music tastes.
I just got back from work, have nothing to do, and am too lazy to start up some videogames or call people. What do you want from me.

Tags
parkway drive