Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-17-2011, 10:11 AM
brutal_descent's Avatar
brutal_descent brutal_descent is offline
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Russia
Posts: 5,846
Parkway Drive -- Moscow, Russia -- June 14th, 2011

Did not attend show due to exams - I'm sure it was fun.

Samsara
Unrest
Boneyards
Idols And Anchors
The Sirens' Song
Sleepwalker
Karma
Home Is For The Heartless
Romance Is Dead
Leviathan I
Smoke 'em If Ya Got 'em
Dead Man's Chest
Deliver Me
Horizons

Carrion

Source: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/parkwa...-1bd315c4.html
__________________
11/22 Iceage
12/3 Peter Murphy
12/6 Cut Copy
3/15 Gogol Bordello

Last edited by brutal_descent; 06-18-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 AM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Did not attend show due to exams - I'm sure it was fun.

Samsara
Unrest
Boneyards
Idols And Anchors
The Sirens' Song
Sleepwalker
Karma
Home Is For The Heartless
Romance Is Dead
Leviathan I
Smoke 'em If Ya Got 'em
Dead Man's Chest
Deliver Me
Horizons

Carrion
jd sure thought it was
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-17-2011, 10:33 AM
masterguy49's Avatar
masterguy49 masterguy49 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,620
Great set! Parkway Drive is one of my favorite metalcore bands and they are great live
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-17-2011, 11:30 AM
illuminatus917's Avatar
illuminatus917 illuminatus917 is offline
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: the mountains, NC
Posts: 3,051
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
jd sure thought it was
Yeah, JD's tastes are surprising. Liking Agalloch and Alcest, as well as bands like Whitechapel and Parkway Drive, is, I must say, somewhat bizarre.
__________________
Never whistle while you're pissing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-17-2011, 12:07 PM
treghet's Avatar
treghet treghet is offline
Altars of Radness
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,942
I'm not a big Parkway Drive fan, but I did see them when they came here. You guys got "Smoke 'em If Ya Got 'em" and "Horizons" and we got neither...
__________________
1.16 Incantation
1.31 Watain / Mayhem / Revenge
4.5 Antaeus / Demoncy / Volahn
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-17-2011, 02:55 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
jd sure thought it was
Parkway Drive is fucking fantastic! If you're gonna like any 1 metalcore band, they're the one to like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
Yeah, JD's tastes are surprising. Liking Agalloch and Alcest, as well as bands like Whitechapel and Parkway Drive, is, I must say, somewhat bizarre.
I like to think that I'm unique in my tastes.

I grew up on Metallica, branched off to metalcore, moved to Lamb of God and Chimaira, moved to death metal, branched to deathcore, branched off to progressive metal, branched off to mathcore/older metalcore, had a re-epiphany of melodic metalcore, moved to a bit of black metal... and recently I've grown to really love hardcore and "progressive black", or whatever the fuck you call Agalloch, in the last month or so. I really wish I would have liked their stuff 3 months back when they came to Chicago.

My tastes are pretty darn complex. I mean, I grew up as a musician, playing the cello for most of my life and picking up guitar in middle school. I just really appreciate metal that either has good musicians, or is catchy. That's whats beautiful about metal: it fits me, no matter what mood I'm in. Feel like chilling out? Agalloch, Alcest, Russian Circles, Scale the Summit. Feel like driving fast and scaring kids? Ensiferum, Terror, Decapitated, Black Dahlia Murder. Feel like running and working out to a certain groove? After the Burial, Lamb of God, Chimaira, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, Acacia Strain. Feel like crying when I hear how bad I am at guitar? Necrophagist, Obscura, The Faceless, Anata, Psycroptic. Feel like closing my eyes and taking my head for a spin? Mastodon, Baroness, Opeth, Animals as Leaders. Feel like a catchy tune? Miss May I, Devil Wears Prada, Trivium, All That Remains.

And that's only a portion of some bands I enjoy. The only metal I've tried to get into heavily and haven't succeeded yet is straight up black metal. I really, really want to- I love the imagery, mindset, and passion, but musically I always get a little bored. I'm sure I'll mature into it, though. I can listen to a couple Emperor or Immortal songs, but thats it. I need to take breaks. Hopefully I can overcome that ear-barrier.

I WILL say that all those kiddie-bands- the metalcore and deathcore bands- I like only musically. I hate the image and crowd they have (though my experiences of Parkway Drive and Whitechapel live were both rather good, lacking those kinds of crowds). Oh, and crabcore sucks, and will always suck. Fuck Asking Alexandria.



BUT BACK TO MY ORIGINAL POINT THAT I WAS GONNA POST:


Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Smoke 'em If Ya Got 'em
You lucky motherfucker. They left that one out of my set, and its my favorite. I really kind of wish they didn't play Carrion live, either, or at least not close with it. That song bores me. We did get "Set to Destroy", which I thought was pretty cool.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-17-2011, 02:59 PM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
I like to think that I'm unique in my tastes.

I grew up on Metallica, branched off to metalcore, moved to Lamb of God and Chimaira, moved to death metal, branched to deathcore, branched off to progressive metal, branched off to mathcore/older metalcore, had a re-epiphany of melodic metalcore, moved to a bit of black metal... and recently I've grown to really love hardcore and "progressive black", or whatever the fuck you call Agalloch, in the last month or so. I really wish I would have liked their stuff 3 months back when they came to Chicago.

My tastes are pretty darn complex. I mean, I grew up as a musician, playing the cello for most of my life and picking up guitar in middle school. I just really appreciate metal that either has good musicians, or is catchy. That's whats beautiful about metal: it fits me, no matter what mood I'm in. Feel like chilling out? Agalloch, Alcest, Russian Circles, Scale the Summit. Feel like driving fast and scaring kids? Ensiferum, Terror, Decapitated, Black Dahlia Murder. Feel like running and working out to a certain groove? After the Burial, Lamb of God, Chimaira, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, Acacia Strain. Feel like crying when I hear how bad I am at guitar? Necrophagist, Obscura, The Faceless, Anata, Psycroptic. Feel like closing my eyes and taking my head for a spin? Mastodon, Baroness, Opeth, Animals as Leaders. Feel like a catchy tune? Miss May I, Devil Wears Prada, Trivium, All That Remains.

And that's only a portion of some bands I enjoy. The only metal I've tried to get into heavily and haven't succeeded yet is straight up black metal. I really, really want to- I love the imagery, mindset, and passion, but musically I always get a little bored. I'm sure I'll mature into it, though. I can listen to a couple Emperor or Immortal songs, but thats it. I need to take breaks. Hopefully I can overcome that ear-barrier.

I WILL say that all those kiddie-bands- the metalcore and deathcore bands- I like only musically. I hate the image and crowd they have (though my experiences of Parkway Drive and Whitechapel live were both rather good, lacking those kinds of crowds). Oh, and crabcore sucks, and will always suck. Fuck Asking Alexandria.
You're turning into Sepultura69...

and Parkway Drive is decent on record, but they sucked donkey balls at Warped. On the other hand, Suicide Silence were great at Warped, but they suck donkey balls on record. Funny how those things play out.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-17-2011, 03:05 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
You're turning into Sepultura69...

and Parkway Drive is decent on record, but they sucked donkey balls at Warped. On the other hand, Suicide Silence were great at Warped, but they suck donkey balls on record. Funny how those things play out.
Hmm. I keep hearing people say Suicide sucks live; I guess I'm just gonna have to find out in August. They're co-headlining a Mayhem off-date with Unearth, so it should at least be half-cool. Warped Tour crowds are always really... weird, I guess. I remember seeing tons of crab kids dancing for Parkway on Youtube, but it was all moshes at the concert I saw. Pretty cool.

And how am I turning into Sep? Ironically, I'm not a huge Sepultura fan. I appreciate them for what they did, but I could never really dig their style. AND I'm not a hip-hop or rap fan either, unlike our aficionado friend.

If its not metal for me, its either jam rock (LOTS of Phish), lots of post-hardcore, some trance electronica, some house, some trip-hop, and some Katy Perry
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 PM
larvtard's Avatar
larvtard larvtard is offline
and you can never quarantine the past
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Hmm. I keep hearing people say Suicide sucks live; I guess I'm just gonna have to find out in August. They're co-headlining a Mayhem off-date with Unearth, so it should at least be half-cool. Warped Tour crowds are always really... weird, I guess. I remember seeing tons of crab kids dancing for Parkway on Youtube, but it was all moshes at the concert I saw. Pretty cool.

And how am I turning into Sep? Ironically, I'm not a huge Sepultura fan. I appreciate them for what they did, but I could never really dig their style. AND I'm not a hip-hop or rap fan either, unlike our aficionado friend.

If its not metal for me, its either jam rock (LOTS of Phish), lots of post-hardcore, some trance electronica, some house, some trip-hop, and some Katy Perry
He always tells realllllly long stories, especially those defending his music tastes.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-17-2011, 03:26 PM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
He always tells realllllly long stories, especially those defending his music tastes.
I just got back from work, have nothing to do, and am too lazy to start up some videogames or call people. What do you want from me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
parkway drive

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:30 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008