Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 06-10-2011, 03:36 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm90 View Post
I Am Morbid live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-YehAfRAj8

To be honest that song isn't that bad to me, aside from the overly cheesy lyrics and attitude. It's not Morbid Angel but it's a pretty decent song, and the solo is pretty cool. That song will suck live though just because nobody is going to be into it. The crowd will be dead every time they play this.
This actually sounds like it would be really cool live.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by logAnarchy View Post
This actually sounds like it would be really cool live.
Yeah I think so too, I just don't know if they'll be able to get the crowd behind them for it. Almost everybody thinks this song sucks based on the countless number of reviews/opinions I've read.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:45 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

I wish they would turn "Radikult" into a cover of Manowar's "Kings of Metal".

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 06-10-2011, 08:10 PM
not the mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
If I ever see them live, then I am going to yell "PLAY RADIKULT!!!" between every song.
I can totally see that happening at all of there gigs going forward

I've been to a lot of gigs (non Metallica) where drunk guys would sing St. Anger songs during the intermissions because the radio usually plays classic Metallica stuff.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Rats off to ya

I'm gonna be honest, this album isn't that bad. It's not Morbid Angel and i'm sure I would hate it if I was a die hard fan but I can't help but laugh at songs like Destructos and Radikult. Most of the album is pretty solid death metal. The only songs I really didn't like was Too Extreme! and Profundis.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I'm gonna be honest, this album isn't that bad. It's not Morbid Angel and i'm sure I would hate it if I was a die hard fan but I can't help but laugh at songs like Destructos and Radikult. Most of the album is pretty solid death metal. The only songs I really didn't like was Too Extreme! and Profundis.
This is a conclusion that I have come to as well within the past week. When I first heard the album I hated it all (except Nevermore which I had listened to a lot already), but I wasn't really paying attention to the standard songs in the middle of the album because the shock of the industrial tracks was racking my brain. Once that shock had worn away though and I actually gave the other tracks some attention I found them to actually be pretty decent.

The problem is "pretty decent" is not what I was expecting from this album, and I guess that was my fault for having such high expectations. Though I am fascinated with Radikult for how ridiculous it is. I've listened to that song many more times than I should have, but I just can't divert my attention from it.

As for the other "industrial" tracks, Too Extreme has a few good moments, but the start-stops bother me, the drum sound is horrible, and of course the lyrics are very off putting. Destructos just sounds like pure filler to me, nothing remarkable about it and it has no memorable riffs. And Profundis also is pretty filler/unneccessary composition for the most part. When I first heard the sample for Profundis I thought it had a Hatework vibe to it before the weird industrial noise kicked in.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Kneeling Whaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredFlame View Post
I can totally see that happening at all of there gigs going forward

I've been to a lot of gigs (non Metallica) where drunk guys would sing St. Anger songs during the intermissions because the radio usually plays classic Metallica stuff.
Start a "Too Extreme!" chant
Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Altars of Radness

David Vincent's response to the Hitler video:

Quote:
Morbid Angel frontman David Vincent has exclusively spoken to Terrorizer regarding to the somewhat loud response to the death metal legends' new opus, 'Illud Divinum Insanus' - including that Hitler video!

“Obviously, we've had a lot of internal dialogue about this," admits the singer. "My tour manager said, 'Do you wanna see something interesting?', and he brought up the initial reviews of The Beatles' 'Sgt. Pepper...' record. People were calling it a piece of crap and saying it was uninspired, and now it's like, 'Are you fucking kidding me? This is one of their best records!' The old reviews said that it doesn't sound like their old stuff, so this [kind of reaction] is nothing new. I would put this on the same level as what happened to us on 'Blessed Are The Sick' – the only difference is that there wasn't the internet.”

The band have also seen the infamous video in which a subtitled Hitler slates the new album - the band's first for eight years - and even suggests that "Bodycount want their lyrics back".

“It's absolutely hilarious!" David enthuses. "Somebody's spent a lot of time on that – and it wasn't me! But it's great that people are being creative in their response to what we're doing, and it's engaging.”

You can find out if the 'Angel will play any new cuts when they hit this year's Bloodstock festival, taking place at Catton Hall, Derby from August 12-14.

'Illud Divinum Insanus' is out now on Season Of Mist
http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog1....d-hitler-video
Old 06-16-2011, 12:06 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
David Vincent's response to the Hitler video:

http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog1....d-hitler-video
Was

Was he

Was he comparing their new album to Sgt. Peppers?

/facepalm