Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
Apparently, according to the new tell-all book about ESPN, the whole thing was the network's idea, not LeBron's. Sure, he agreed to it, but he's not the one who came up with it.
The origin of the idea is completely irrelevant. He could have rejected the idea, but he didn't.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:46 AM
We're dying on the inside

The Decision itself was classless and shitty and made me angry while watching it. You've got me on your side 100% there. Hopefully the Heat losing the Finals this year will end the backlash though, because yeah, it's pretty much mostly obnoxious bitching at this point.

And hey, the Cavs had two incredibly high draft picks fall into their laps and a shit ton of cap room. I bet they make the playoffs next year.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
The Decision itself was classless and shitty and made me angry while watching it. You've got me on your side 100% there.
So glad to hear you say this. I was beginning to think you'd lost your ability to reason objectively, and the thought frankly horrified me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
And hey, the Cavs had two incredibly high draft picks fall into their laps and a shit ton of cap room.
Yeah, if only this year's draft class looked a little better, though. James's behavior aside, he's a fucking stud basketball player. We don't have someone even remotely close to his caliber to pick from this year. Not even close. I just hope we can get the pieces we need to have a winning team again. Playoffs would be nice, but I'd be happy with a team that's fun to watch and lives up to their potential (which is NOT what we had last season).
Old 06-15-2011, 09:56 AM

Frankly, I think last year's Cavs OVERachieved, and a team like the Timberwolves grossly underachieved. Dudes named Christian Eyenga and Manny Harris were getting starter's minutes, bro. Not sure how much more dire that could have been.

But yeah, draft a couple of guys who can at the very least be solid role players if not first-year all-stars and you'll be alright in due course.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:45 AM

You make a good point. We certainly did well with what we had, and I definitely saw some - strike that, many - sparks of brilliance. I guess what I was referring to is that the heart of the team - that fire in the collective belly that says "you're in our house now, and that's not where you want to be, son" - just wasn't there. I think that individual players achieved much, but the team as a whole struggled mightily. I'd like to see that rectified in the future. If that happens, and we can get back some of the swagger we had a few years ago...that I'd pay to see again. Who gives a fuck what the win-loss record is...just show me some bona fide collective desire to kick some fucking ass.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 06-15-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:03 AM

Well said.