Ghosts of War
Seasons in the Abyss
Snuff
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Angel of Death

The Good:
Nice to See Slayer pulling out a wooping 23 song setlist. 23 SONGS!

The Bad:
Too bad some of the stuff they added are totally useless. BLOODLINE??? I MEAN?!?! REALLY??? CMON GUYS, Atleast pull out something good like "Haunting The Chapel" or "Live Undead" or something. Shit, Blood line is such a waste of space. Don't get me wrong, thats great these guys still got the energy to pull out long sets but it's not good when it's plagued with useless shit(Blood Line, Temptation, Dead Skin mask ect)

The Ugly:
Temptation, Stain of Mind, The World Painted Blood songs. Also, I think it was great that they went on that "Seasons" tour last year with megadudes and testament but enough is enough. 5 songs off season! Go easy on that album, guys!!. 2-3 songs is nice but don't start playing the whole fuckin album again(They played War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, Seasons in the Abyss, Temptations at this gig)

BACCK TO THE GOOD:
Chemical Warfare, Ghost of War, Dittohead, Hallowed Point, Anti Christ, Postmortem, payback, Black Magic
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 06-12-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

I've gotta hear Disciple before I die.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-12-2011, 06:37 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Being someone who enjoys ALL of Slayers output, I would shit myself in that pit. i hope if they ever play Dublin again, we get such a setlist. I love it, and I love how most of their albums are getting represented.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:28 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
I've gotta hear Disciple before I die.
Yes you do!
Awesome song live!

I also see no problem with the World Painted Blood songs... I like that album.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
Yes you do!
Awesome song live!

I also see no problem with the World Painted Blood songs... I like that album.
One of my first Slayer songs.

The two tracks I like off WPB are Beauty Through Order, and the title track - one of which they don't ever play.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-12-2011, 09:37 AM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
The Bad:
Too bad some of the stuff they added are totally useless. BLOODLINE??? I MEAN?!?! REALLY??? CMON GUYS, Atleast pull out something good like "Haunting The Chapel" or "Live Undead" or something. Shit, Blood line is such a waste of space.
Bloodline is a great song.......I'm very happy to see it.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 06-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slayer...-73d32acd.html

World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
War Ensemble
Postmortem
Temptation
Dittohead
Stain of Mind
Disciple
Bloodline
Dead Skin Mask
Hallowed Point
The Antichrist
Americon
Payback
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Ghosts of War
Seasons in the Abyss
Snuff
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Angel of Death

The Good:
Nice to See Slayer pulling out a wooping 23 song setlist. 23 SONGS!

The Bad:
Too bad some of the stuff they added are totally useless. BLOODLINE??? I MEAN?!?! REALLY??? CMON GUYS, Atleast pull out something good like "Haunting The Chapel" or "Live Undead" or something. Shit, Blood line is such a waste of space. Don't get me wrong, thats great these guys still got the energy to pull out long sets but it's not good when it's plagued with useless shit(Blood Line, Temptation, Dead Skin mask ect)

The Ugly:
Temptation, Stain of Mind, The World Painted Blood songs. Also, I think it was great that they went on that "Seasons" tour last year with megadudes and testament but enough is enough. 5 songs off season! Go easy on that album, guys!!. 2-3 songs is nice but don't start playing the whole fuckin album again(They played War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, Seasons in the Abyss, Temptations at this gig)

BACCK TO THE GOOD:
Chemical Warfare, Ghost of War, Dittohead, Hallowed Point, Anti Christ, Postmortem, payback, Black Magic
For a show you didn't actually go to, you're sure as hell giving it way too much analysis. Fact remains that if you were at this show you'd be going nuts during the whole thing.

Sure, there are other songs that would be better to play than some they have choosen here. But Slayer is a band that has spanned close to 30 years now and they've gained new fans at different points in their career. So for them to play a well balanced set between newer and older is good because it pleases all the people who came to see them, no matter when any of them got into the band.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
For a show you didn't actually go to, you're sure as hell giving it way too much analysis. Fact remains that if you were at this show you'd be going nuts during the whole thing.

Sure, there are other songs that would be better to play than some they have choosen here. But Slayer is a band that has spanned close to 30 years now and they've gained new fans at different points in their career. So for them to play a well balanced set between newer and older is good because it pleases all the people who came to see them, no matter when any of them got into the band.
You know what?

You're absolutely right. I would totally be going balls deep ape shit crazy IF I was at this show. I would, TOTALLY.... But it still doesn't change the fact that I am still going to bicker and rant about what songs I would of liked in the set and which I thought were shitty

And yes, if they were to bring this set over here to the U.S for an upcoming U.S tour I would be totally satisified with it, just cause it's fuckin slayer.

I still think blood line sucks though
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 06-12-2011, 11:30 AM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post

Too much analysis? Isn't that what this entire site is built upon? Analyzing and critiquing set lists?
Old 06-12-2011, 11:34 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Also, I think it was great that they went on that "Seasons" tour last year with megadudes and testament but enough is enough. 5 songs off season! Go easy on that album, guys!!. 2-3 songs is nice but don't start playing the whole fuckin album again(They played War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, Seasons in the Abyss, Temptations at this gig)

First of all man, they always play War Ensemble, and usually either Dead Skin Mask or Seasons in the Abyss. And those songs are amazing. I admit, they should take out Temptation, but last year was the first time they had ever played it. Give 'em a break.

Also, I dunno why they're focusing so much on their bad albums now. Stain of Mind, Disciple, Bloodline...

Tags
slayer