Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-04-2011, 08:23 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisducci View Post
motherfucker last night was the show in Viņa del Mar (Tom hometown), and what can i say.. it was a fucking long set, and it was insane.... lots of people and the crowd was going apeshit man... best show ever... stop complaining about Temptation and the World Painted Blood songs, they are cool as fuck.. awesome awesome show. Tom spoke to us in his twisted spanish all night haha. Lots of "rarities" and you could tell the band was very into it man, the ending with Angel Of Death was a battlefield fuuuuck... i want to say thanks to all the fucking chileans that were there thrashing like maniacs, and above all, thanks to Slayer.. what a legend band maaan !
Damn man! Thanks for the little review, I really enjoyed reading that! Sounds like it was damn good show! If only Slayer brought 22 song setlists over here in America.

I swear....the next time slayer hit the U.S markets for another tour it better not be another fucking co headlining/60 minute bull shit tour... Mayhem Fest 2009, American Carnage, Yagiermiester and The big four was enough. NOW GO ON YOURE OWN GODDAMN TOUR
11/14 - Slayer
Old 06-04-2011, 10:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUI5VQTAYAI

Someone posted the entire concert on youtube in one video! Damn, Toms voice sounds FUCKIN' AMAZING. HOLY SHIT! That is all .
11/14 - Slayer
Old 06-04-2011, 11:06 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
i understand that everyone wants a nonstop fast thrashfest, but slayer seems to do their setlists, like metallica, in the hopes of establishing some dynamics to their show. they throw in some slightly slower stuff like seasons and even a temptation in the hopes of showing a little range w/their material. its not the same thing as throwing in Nothing Else Matters (which to me is so drastic it just kills the whole vibe, but clearly james & co disagree as theyve been doing it for years), but theyre just tyring to diversify the sounds & tempo u get over the course of their 90 minutes or so.
Their slower songs are 10x better than their faster songs in a live setting. My top 3 live Slayer songs are Seasons in the Abyss, South of Heaven, and Dead Skin Mask. On the other hand, War Ensemble and Raining Blood are pretty meh live.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUI5VQTAYAI

Someone posted the entire concert on youtube in one video! Damn, Toms voice sounds FUCKIN' AMAZING. HOLY SHIT! That is all .
Thanks for the link
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 06-04-2011, 12:25 PM
N00B

In the concert at Viņa del Mar of last night, Tom wear a special chilean national soccer team t-shit...with the 666, nice! haha

Old 06-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

I really hope Americon doesn't become a staple in their setlist. It's probably my least favorite Slayer song.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Slayer fans don't like anything do they? You complain about their new stuff and always want them to play more old stuff, and when they finally decide to play an old album(seasons in the abyss) in it's entirity live you still complain about it.
This.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 06-04-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
Thanks for the link
I'm glad someone posted a video of the ENTIRE show in one video but it sucks that its all the way on the left side so you can't really hear Kerry that well, and the audio quaility is pretty BLEH.

Heres a MUCH better angle and quality video of them playing Manditory Suicide + Chemical Warfare + Ghost of war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCTrzfk4DNU

Sounds a hell of a lot better and you can hear daves drums more clear where as the other video you couldnt hear it for shit during some parts(especially chemical warfare). They still sound awesome in concert, both slow songs and fast songs

I like the part in Chemical Wafare where Tom says "Fuck it up" in his native chilian language
11/14 - Slayer
Old 06-04-2011, 02:33 PM
N00B

I swear....the next time slayer hit the U.S markets for another tour it better not be another fucking co headlining/60 minute bull shit tour... Mayhem Fest 2009, American Carnage, Yagiermiester and The big four was enough. NOW GO ON YOURE OWN GODDAMN TOUR[/quote]

Yeah i know, i was thinking the same thing. I can't remember the last time Slayer did their own US headlining tour, or the last time they came through my parts on a headlining tour. Unholy Alliance? Was that really a headlining tour though?

The next US tour is another goddamn co-headlining tour with Rob Zombie this time. Dammit!!
Old 06-04-2011, 03:16 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
Slayer fans don't like anything do they? You complain about their new stuff and always want them to play more old stuff, and when they finally decide to play an old album(seasons in the abyss) in it's entirity live you still complain about it.
You basically just described any metal fan in general. We're fickle bastards, and old almost invariably equals better.

Tags
slayer