Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Homebrewing Metalhead

James has got that heavy metal spirit so I do think he's the real deal. He doesn't apparently like the stuff like Bullet for My Valentine, All that Remains and what not, he's more of a classic metal guy (from some metal thing he did on Sirius apparently). He seems pretty driven to create a metal album. When he did the Sammy Hagar song the producers told him it was a terrible choice and he did it anyways, and it went over really well. So if he's willing to fight then he has a fair shot at actually putting out something that doesn't sound like rock-lite. We all know how tough the mainstream music industry is though, so I'm not to hopeful. Best I can hope is that some already established metal band in need of a lead singer will snatch him up because he has a terrific voice. He put a pretty cool metal spin on the end of Muse's "Uprising" by basically doing his best Halford impression on the last chorus. Pretty fun stuff.

Regardless Priest seemed to think pretty highly of him which has got to be a major victory for him. And you gotta love Priest getting exposed to the masses. I do wish they had done Hellion/Electric Eye instead of Living After Midnight, I hate that song.

We miss you Ronnie...

Last edited by darkguardian50; 05-26-2011 at 10:04 PM.