Queen + Adam Lambert -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-21-2011, 01:05 PM
N00B

Damn, I regret not seeing them last week.
We had a whole straight edge, hardcore festival down here last week. It was 2 days of 8 hours of Hardcore bands local and non-local. All these guys headlined the Saturday show. Though I have seen Close Your Eyes and Stick to your Guns. STYG is awesome but Close your Eyes is fucking awful in my opinion. The lead singer looks like a nazi.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:25 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

This is still just my opinion but I do not think there is a better hardcore band than Terror and I don't think that there is a better live hardcore act than Terror. I still remember seeing them for the first time in '03 and had no idea who they were, they played w/ Hatebreed, Madball & Hate Eternal and I remember leaving that show being so excited after seeing Terror. I need to see them again.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
This is still just my opinion but I do not think there is a better hardcore band than Terror and I don't think that there is a better live hardcore act than Terror. I still remember seeing them for the first time in '03 and had no idea who they were, they played w/ Hatebreed, Madball & Hate Eternal and I remember leaving that show being so excited after seeing Terror. I need to see them again.

My first time was:

Suicidal Tendencies
Terror
Whole Wheat Bread

doesn't get much better than that
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 05-21-2011, 07:12 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treghet View Post
It's really not like that. Of course there will be a couple people that are out for blood, but the same thing occurs at metal shows. I've seen a lot more of that kind of stuff happen at deathcore shows, where people dancing in the pit will intentionally hit those who aren't dancing.
K bub. I don't know what I'm talking about. I've gotten a jaw sprain at a Terror show from getting punched in the side of the face. There are plenty of idiots at hardcore shows. And I've seen Terror live 5x, there are idiots in their audience just like there are idiots at any hardcore/deathcore show.

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 05-21-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
This. I have to say, the dance is more of like an individual way of expression rather than a physical interaction with others.
No offense Dude, but you wrote in your review this was your first hardcore show. You're right in that not everyone is out for blood, but trust me: I have seen many idiots moshing at every hardcore show I've been to. People running around swinging their arms and kicking wildly around people who aren't moving : I'd say that's a physical interaction w/ others. Don't wanna start a pissing war w/ anyone, just stating my opinion.

08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
Old 05-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
K bub. I don't know what I'm talking about. I've gotten a jaw sprain at a Terror show from getting punched in the side of the face. There are plenty of idiots at hardcore shows.
You were just unlucky.

I didn't mean that stuff doesn't happen, because it does - especially with so many people going off the wall - I'm just sayin', it's a common misconception that all of hardcore is all about being macho/badass and beating the shit out of people.

People like that only make up a small percentage of the hardcore scene. I'll share an incident a friend told me about. A couple years ago he saw a local band, Murder Death Kill, and he said during the set one of the vocalists said something like "You [area code] guys know what to do." And then a whole bunch of built guys started beating the shit out of everybody in the venue, and security couldn't do anything about it. But when you look at videos of hardcore bands playing, how much of that stuff do you see? Bands like Murder Death Kill are the ones who give hardcore a bad reputation. It's mostly just people having fun, stage diving, crowd surfing, dancing, and screaming the lyrics. When you go to a hardcore show you see a lot more passion in the crowd than most other genres of music.

While on this subject, I'll post a video that represents that vibe I'm talking about.

Stop and Think (Boston hardcore): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULZOgpOeSQQ
Old 05-21-2011, 07:53 PM

LOL, MDK's music I don't mind, but they are such douches. I can understand what you mean. I'm definately not saying everyone at hardcore show are idiots, but those select few can ruin it for everyone. Well sorta

I'll check that vid when I'm home.

08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)

Tags
stick to your guns, terror, trapped under ice