Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-16-2011, 01:23 PM
How're yeh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post
People fighting about who should have headlined (System or Slipknot) was hilarious.
One of these assholes I knew in school was like " Duded I'm leaving after System, Slipknot sucks" Okay, dude, I don't really give a shit, I like Slipknot. And at the time both of these bands only had 2 CDs out, and Slipknot were a lot bigger than System before IOWA came out, I'm rather sure. System kinda blew-up once Toxicity came out. anyways, judging by the setlists I think both bands more or less played the same amount of time, Slipknot maybe a little more since SOAD songs tend to be really short.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:29 PM
D.B.B.

Damn the good ol' days of Slipknot. Would have loved to see this but whatever.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:09 PM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommie View Post
One of these assholes I knew in school was like " Duded I'm leaving after System, Slipknot sucks" Okay, dude, I don't really give a shit, I like Slipknot. And at the time both of these bands only had 2 CDs out, and Slipknot were a lot bigger than System before IOWA came out, I'm rather sure. System kinda blew-up once Toxicity came out. anyways, judging by the setlists I think both bands more or less played the same amount of time, Slipknot maybe a little more since SOAD songs tend to be really short.
Yeah, I liked both, but was definitely there for Slipknot. They were bigger and rightly headlined, but you couldn't make that argument to the die hard System fans.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:23 AM
N00B

Pledge of Allegiance

The Pledge of Allegiance Tour!

Thank you so much for posting this. I remember I was on the floor, and it was one of the first shows that Corey did the "jump the fuck up" thing during "Spit it Out."

I am not trying to be a dick, but I remember System's setlist, and the first couple are right, but they defintely didn't go right into "Jet Pilot" and "X," in fact, I don't even remember them playing "X."

American Head Charge played first and the lead singer (I think he went by Martin Cock, or something) had this jumpsuit on with "Cock" spray painted on the back. They actually lit the place up (remember this was 2001, nu-metal was in full-form) They opened with "All Wrapped Up." and it was great. I caught his goggles when he threw them off.

No One is a band that I still listen to today, as their album is really good. They were extremely simple, drop-D nu-metal, but I liked their vocalist and their rhythm. Some of you may remember "Chemical" by them. It got some air-play.

Rammstein, even in third support, kicked ass too. They did the fire and the whole nine yards, but the Pepsi Arena's stage was a little smaller than what they are playing on now. This was RIGHT after Mutter came out, and again, I'm not sure they opened with "Buck Dich". I think they opened with "Rammstein" and then played "Links 2,3,4" because I remember Til's drum out on the stage when their set began.

System and Slipknot both had just released their second albums, and Iowa was fresh off the press. Toxicity, I think, was out a little beforehand. Both bands did great, and the crowd was equally receptive for each of them. I loved this show. Nowadays, you would be paying over a 100 bucks for that kind of show. My ticket stub says $30.00
Old 05-20-2011, 08:35 AM
How're yeh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPogo View Post
The Pledge of Allegiance Tour!

I am not trying to be a dick, but I remember System's setlist, and the first couple are right, but they defintely didn't go right into "Jet Pilot" and "X," in fact, I don't even remember them playing "X."

Rammstein, even in third support, kicked ass too. They did the fire and the whole nine yards, but the Pepsi Arena's stage was a little smaller than what they are playing on now. This was RIGHT after Mutter came out, and again, I'm not sure they opened with "Buck Dich". I think they opened with "Rammstein" and then played "Links 2,3,4" because I remember Til's drum out on the stage when their set began.
I found the System/Slipknot lists on setlists.fm, and the Rammstein I said was out of order/incomplete/from my memory.

Tags
rammstein, slipknot, system of a down