Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 05-18-2011, 06:20 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

I get made fun of on here for liking the bands I do but you guys like Lady Gaga Didn't a lot of you use to make fun of the mainstream bands I listen to?
Old 05-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
I get made fun of on here for liking the bands I do but you guys like Lady Gaga Didn't a lot of you use to make fun of the mainstream bands I listen to?
hey hey, we still need some to just dance to
Old 05-18-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Mainstream=/=bad.
You get shit for liking shit music, not because lot of other people like it.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:23 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Absurd are easily the most recognizable nazi-band, and they are totally white power people to this day. And 88 is the universal Neo-nazi/white supremacist number. 88=HH=Heil Hitler. It's also used as the second half of 14/88 which represent the fourteen words (something about protecting white children) and the 88 precepts of which I have no fucking clue what they are. Point is-
Absurd=Nazi
88=Nazi
Combined=Nazi
Ok fine. I can't change the name. I just like the word absurd and I really don't like the band. I chose 88 because I like the number and I was born in that year so that is why I choose it. I am not nazi and I am half mexican. I apologize if the name bothers you but I refused to change it because I still like the name.
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park
Old 05-18-2011, 06:30 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
Mainstream=/=bad.
You get shit for liking shit music, not because lot of other people like it.
My music gets called shit but then I find out a few of you on here like Lady Gaga.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
My music gets called shit but then I find out a few of you on here like Lady Gaga.
Yeah, because Lady Gaga is quite catchy and doesn't suck.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:35 PM
In Search of Truth

To put it quite simply, I just don't get it. I'm not trying to deny anyone the right to listen to, like, and post about whatever the hell they want. That shipped sailed about 4 years ago on this board. But I just don't get it. I fail to see what makes Lady Gaga so special - or frankly, anything less than downright annoying, which is how I view her music. It's pretty much a juggernaut of every element I dislike about most pop music rolled into one. I just don't really understand what makes her so different that she's become accepted (seemingly now non-ironically) by so many metal fans. If I was going to cross over into pure pop music, she would definitely not be one of my first choices. Color me confused I guess.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
I know the songs you're singing saying nothing loud and clear I've heard that song a thousand times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
To put it quite simply, I just don't get it. I fail to see what makes Lady Gaga so special - or frankly, anything less than downright annoying, which is how I view her music. It's pretty much a juggernaut of every element I dislike about most pop music rolled into one. I just don't really understand what makes her so different that she's become accepted (seemingly now non-ironically) by so many metal fans.
Thank you.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Yes, her music is catchy but it is still VERY annoying. I like the song "just dance", but than her music just got progressively worse and her image even more so. She is just a step up from Ke$ha which is not saying much. Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Ke$ha represent everything that is wrong with popular music today.

/
7/24 - NIN/Soundgarden
8/28 - Linkin Park
Old 05-18-2011, 06:44 PM

Hasn't Lady Gaga been around for about two or three years now? Isn't time for her to be forgotten about while pop fans move on to something new only to forget about it in six months.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absurd88 View Post
Thank you.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Yes, her music is catchy but it is still VERY annoying. I like the song "just dance", but than her music just got progressively worse and her image even more so. She is just a step up from Ke$ha which is not saying much. Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Ke$ha represent everything that is wrong with popular music today.

/
Add Katy Perry to that list.