Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-17-2011, 07:55 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Foo Fighters -- Tulsa, OK -- May 17th, 2011

I did not see opening band Biffy or Buffy or whatever they are called so yea no comment for them. The good news I can share already is the merch is pretty damn cheap. All t-shirts from either band only $25. Very cool that both bands are keeping prices low. Especially with Motorhead shirts being atleast $10 more when they toured w/ Clutch a few months ago. Made it just as Motorhead started their set. Unfortunately the set that Motorhead did was the same standard set that they have been doing a lot of this year only w/ a few songs and guitar/drum solos cut out. I’m positive of the songs played, I might have a song or 2 out of order but these songs were played I’m positive of that:

Iron Fist
Stay Clean
Get Back In Line
Metropolis
Over the Top
One Night Stand
I Know How To Die
In the Name of Tragedy
Going to Brazil
Killed by Death
Ace of Spades
Overkill

Pretty basic. I figure they are keeping it simple since this isn’t all necessarily a Motorhead crowd. I know I will add my name to the list of people who are really tired of Metropolis as well. Just very very boring. I still enjoy they do One Night Stand. It’s still one of my favorite Motorhead songs even though it doesn’t seem like anyone even knew the song. Motorhead still did what it is they were supposed to and that’s get the crowd warmed up and that’s what they did. At the soundboard their time showed them playing from 8-8:45.

I’ll go right out and say I’m not the biggest FF fan. I heard their newest album and was impressed at how heavy it was. Some of it was stuff heavier than any of their other stuff. The last whole FF album I liked was The Colour And The Shape so I kept any expectations for them low and hoped I’d be surprised. First time I’d seen the support band actually have a banner and the headliner did not. The stage setup was fairly basic, pretty sure Motorhead had more amps as well. They did have these LED deals above the stage that had some cool lights and would have video on them as well. They had a walkway that went from their stage all the way to 80% of the back of the floor and at the end of that walkway was a small area that was on hydraulics that raised Dave like 20 feet in the area so that made up for the lack of stuff on the stage. Since I don’t know them that well I found their set on the FF forum. This looks to be pretty accurate:

Bridge burning
Rope
The Pretender
My Hero
Learn to Fly
White limo
Arlandria
Breakout
Cold day in the sun
I'll stick around
Stacked Actors
Drum solo
Hey, Jonny Park!
Monkey Wrench
Let it die
Generator
Walk
Shake your blood
This is a call
All my life
-------------------
Long Road To Ruin
The best of you
Times like these
Young man blues
Miss the misery
For all the cows
Skin and bones
Tie Your Mother Down
Everlong

My first thought to this when I saw how many songs was HOLY FUCK. This was the longest set I have ever seen. I lost it when I saw Lemmy do Shake Your Blood with the band. To my knowledge it doesn’t seem like that song has been done live that many times and I feel lucky to have got to have seen it. When Dave introduced it I’m pretty sure there were literally like 5 people who knew it. Kind of a funny observation but since Lemmy didn’t play bass, just sing, he seemed kind of awkward on stage without an instrument. Looked kinda funny. And yes Tie Your Mother Down is them doing a Queen cover which was also pretty bad ass as well. With me not being a huge fan for me part of their set dragged on a bit much for my liking. It’s awesome they play so long but IMO they don’t have the catalog to do a 28 song set and not have a few times where it lulls b/c for me it did. If you are a fan then you will no doubt love this show. Dave is easily one of the most energetic front men I have ever seen. I don’t like a lot of his FF stuff but I respect the hell out of him b/c he is a fantastic performer and his band actually will play a long headlining set. It upsets me that there are no other bands that won’t do a long set as well. More bands should take notice of this. Pretty much by the time FF came out the arena was pretty much packed. Didn’t hardly see a seat on the lower level and a lot of the upper deck was full as well and there were more people on the floor than what I have ever seen for a concert there as well. Hopefully anybody who plans on going will find this helpful. Even though I wasn’t real into FF it was a damn good show. The sheet at the soundboard had them listed from going from 9:30 – 11:45 and they went literally every bit of that. Thank you for reading.

Last edited by 300%_Density; 05-18-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 PM
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!

The guy from Laverne & Shirley?

07/25 - Anthrax / Living Colour
07/31 - Chicago / REO Speedwagon
08/14 - Paul McCartney
10/30 - King Diamond
Old 05-17-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost at Number One View Post
The guy from Laverne & Shirley?
Fucking auto correct. But still funny.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

I'd like to see them. Too bad Tulsa is as close as they are getting to Dallas.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:45 PM
I can't stop thinking big

I have great interest in this setlist.....
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 05-18-2011, 01:50 AM

Review and sets posted above
Old 05-18-2011, 02:14 AM
N00B

Damn thats a long set.
Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
Old 05-18-2011, 02:34 AM
I can't stop thinking big

Nice review. Holy fuck, what a set. If they play that long when they come here in September I will be so incredibly happy. IMO 7 studio albums, one of which is a double album, gives them plenty of good material to put together a good set this long, but if you went for Motorhead I can understand those sentiments. I'm so excited for this.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 05-18-2011, 04:11 AM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
My Hero
Everlong
So pumped for this show in September. I gotta ask, were My Hero and Everlong the full, heavy versions or acoustic? I've been wanting to see the heavy versions of both and never have in the two times I've seen the Foos.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:48 AM
From beyond beyond the thunder dome

They play I'll stick Around.

Tags
foo fighters, motorhead