Diamond Eyes
Elite
CMND/CTRL
Change (In the House of Flies)
Passenger (with Greg Puciato)

Encores:

Root
7 Words

I might be missing 1 and they might be slightly out of order. I was going ballistic half of the time and rattling my brain around in my head. My girl Sue recorded the entire show so I'll make corrections after I get my copy.

By far the best show I've seen in 2011. Dillinger played the same set and slayed it. They are so much fun live and there were way more people into them than I expected. I met Greg after the show and he was one of the coolest musicians I've ever met. He was so appreciative of the praise people were laying on him and seemed really down to earth and cool. This is the same guy who just snagged a cymbal and played it upside down during 43% Burnt then threw it into the crowd. The guy who crowd surfed while singing Sunshine and was carried all the way to the back of the room and back. The same guy who was part of one of the 5 most memorable concert moments I've ever experienced... more on that to come.

It was hot as balls during DEP so in between bands when I saw a spot on the rail, left side I snagged it and moved Sue up next to me. We kept getting blasted with cold air every minute or so and it was a great spot for that reason alone. Deftones came on and killed it. I couldn't see Stephen or Abe much but the bad angle was worth it to have the cold air. I've yelled the words "OLD SHIT" at a show hundreds of times but never have I almost yelled "NEW SHIT" before. Literally over an hour in they had only played 1 new song which had me scratching my head a little. I'm guessing since they're playing again tonight they're trying to mix it up so I was cool with it. What I was really cool with was when they broke into CMND/CTRL. I totally lost it. What a great live song only to be outdone by Passenger with Greg. The actually slowed down the slow parts and sped up the heavy parts. It was absolute genius. One of the most memorable moments i've ever had at a show. Taking your best song and actually making it better? WOW! I guess you had to be there but if you're going to this show make sure you have a great spot for this. It was fucking AMAZING!

Hung around outside mingling and got to meet Greg and Stephen. Both were super cool guys. We were parked right by the buses so I didn't mind hanging. Sue wanted to meet Chino but he ran onto the bus to avoid the Ebay hounds. I mean damn do you really need to bring 20 things to a show to get signed? It kinda ruins it for the cool fans who just want to meet people and be social.

Overall a great show. I'm glad Sonar pulled through and reopened and now have a liquor license also. I'll post some pics and maybe some video when I get it.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 05-17-2011, 12:50 PM
N00B

Not the biggest deftones fan, but we stuck around after DEP, and goddamn is Passenger awesome with Greg.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:05 PM
N00B

Sounds like an awesome set. Really fucking awesome they did CMND/CTRL

Tags
deftones, the dillinger escape plan