Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fit For A King -- Detroit, MI -- October 21st, 2014
Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Look at me now, using torches of fire, look higher than anyone else, I am the great juggler!

Dredg

I wanted to check out a few good bands that aren't metal for once, so I looked into this band. So far I enjoyed some of the songs i've heard off their first three records, but haven't heard anything else.

Opinions on this band?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:27 PM
That Guy

I'll happily tell you about my favorite non metal band.

These are the band's 5 albums in order:

Leitmotif: Their heaviest album. Short, but powerful all the way. Even a tinge of screaming in the song Yatahaze. It is my least favorite of the 5 albums they have released. but all 5 are masterpieces IMO. Definitely worth checking out as a starter album for ones who are just into things heavy.

El Cielo:
Their greatest work to date. It is a concept album about Sleep Paralysis. Every song is catchy. While some are poppy, some are heavy, but overall it's the perfect mixture. The Canyon Behind Her is my 2nd favorite song of all time.

Catch Without Arms:
With help from Producer, Chris DeGarmo, they created their catchiest Rock album. There isn't a single weak song on the album. two of the songs, Sang Real and Zebraskin, are a prelude to the album that is to come two albums later. Many hardcore fans say it's a tie between El Cielo and Catch Without Arms as their best album. I can't disagree.

The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion:
their 2nd poppiest album. There are still great heavy moments, but it is a much more focused album then Catch Without Arms. Some of their best songs are predominately featured here.

Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy:
Their most out of the box album ever. Over half the album is strongly Electronica driven. While the rest of the band is still there, it is keyboards and vocals that shine the most on this album. A lot of people are going to and are currently shitting on this album,, but I won't. I think it's brilliant. Not the best starting to point, maybe even last album to check out for a new fan, but a damn good one without question.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:39 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Truly one of the best rock bands EVER!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:04 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
Truly one of the best rock bands EVER!
Without a Shadow Of A Doubt.

Sans the shitty Circa Survive tour (although it had Animals As Leaders too) I've been to the last 3 MN shows, got their setlist and got to hang out with them all 3 times after the show. They are one of the most grateful bands around.

Although as much as I love Gavin, he's gotta stop saying Dredg is going to breakup after every album.

The Dredg/Torche show was the best not strictly Metal show I have ever been to.