Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

Old 05-07-2011, 10:46 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild_84 View Post
Why does my opinion on the current state of Megadeth bother you so much? You liking it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
It doesn't. I disagree, but you've seen them far more than me, so you're free to stop seeing them as you please.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Old 05-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Concert Veteran

I'm not sure if some people realize how big some of these songs were/are for Megadeth and how they built their fanbase to what it is. You can't get rid of songs like WUD, PS, IMDH, HW, Hangar, SOD and SB. Without these songs Megadeth doesn't have the fanbase it does now. They aren't gonna change it just because a random one percent think they should.

We all do our fair share of setlists complaining on here, myself included. But at the same time i've learned to appreciate a band for what they're gonna play for us rather than bitch about them not changing up the set. The odds are somebody wants to hear some random song that has no chance of getting played anyways, so why bother complaining?

If you don't like Megadeth's set then fine, don't see them live anymore. The band will survive just fine without you. You're not making a point of any kind that they'll notice because there will always be someone else who will buy a ticket.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Complete tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I'm not sure if some people realize how big some of these songs were/are for Megadeth and how they built their fanbase to what it is. You can't get rid of songs like WUD, PS, IMDH, HW, Hangar, SOD and SB. Without these songs Megadeth doesn't have the fanbase it does now. They aren't gonna change it just because a random one percent think they should.

We all do our fair share of setlists complaining on here, myself included. But at the same time i've learned to appreciate a band for what they're gonna play for us rather than bitch about them not changing up the set. The odds are somebody wants to hear some random song that has no chance of getting played anyways, so why bother complaining?

If you don't like Megadeth's set then fine, don't see them live anymore. The band will survive just fine without you. You're not making a point of any kind that they'll notice because there will always be someone else who will buy a ticket.
It's not like I expect them to play Killing Is My Business in it's entirety but I don't think asking Dave to mix up the setlist a bit is a tall order. They play the same damn set just about every tour. I've supported the band for the years but if Dave wants to just keep releasing shitty albums and keep playing the same tired setlist with no surprises then thats the end of my support. And I wouldn't say I'm a random 1%. I sure there are plenty of others who are just as sick of Dave's shit as I am.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:00 AM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

What time did the show end?
10/29 Ian Anderson
Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild_84 View Post
It's not like I expect them to play Killing Is My Business in it's entirety but I don't think asking Dave to mix up the setlist a bit is a tall order. They play the same damn set just about every tour. I've supported the band for the years but if Dave wants to just keep releasing shitty albums and keep playing the same tired setlist with no surprises then thats the end of my support. And I wouldn't say I'm a random 1%. I sure there are plenty of others who are just as sick of Dave's shit as I am.
I agree, I am not seeing Megadeth this year because of this. I have seen them twice now (albeit 20 years apart, in 1990 and last year) and seen all the "hits." I also have this same issue with Rush. Groups really need to shake it up more. I realize they have to play all the songs Sanitarium78 mentioned but that still leaves a lot of room for others. Even one song of of Killing... would be a nice change.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
I agree, I am not seeing Megadeth this year because of this. I have seen them twice now (albeit 20 years apart, in 1990 and last year) and seen all the "hits." I also have this same issue with Rush. Groups really need to shake it up more. I realize they have to play all the songs Sanitarium78 mentioned but that still leaves a lot of room for others. Even one song of of Killing... would be a nice change.

Rush Setlists always have rarities and other gems in them. You crazy!
Old 05-16-2011, 02:25 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post

Rush Setlists always have rarities and other gems in them. You crazy!
This, they are probably one of the best bands when it comes to making setlists.
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper

Tags
anthrax, megadeth, metallica, slayer