Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014
Unearth -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 15th, 2014
Black Sabbath -- Ottawa, Ontario -- April 13th, 2014

  #181  
Old 05-07-2011, 10:46 PM
JLRedWing13's Avatar
JLRedWing13 JLRedWing13 is offline
I can't stop thinking big
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild_84 View Post
Why does my opinion on the current state of Megadeth bother you so much? You liking it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
It doesn't. I disagree, but you've seen them far more than me, so you're free to stop seeing them as you please.
__________________
5/6 - Rammstein
5/16 - Meshuggah/Baroness
5/18-5/20 - Rock On The Range
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,855
I'm not sure if some people realize how big some of these songs were/are for Megadeth and how they built their fanbase to what it is. You can't get rid of songs like WUD, PS, IMDH, HW, Hangar, SOD and SB. Without these songs Megadeth doesn't have the fanbase it does now. They aren't gonna change it just because a random one percent think they should.

We all do our fair share of setlists complaining on here, myself included. But at the same time i've learned to appreciate a band for what they're gonna play for us rather than bitch about them not changing up the set. The odds are somebody wants to hear some random song that has no chance of getting played anyways, so why bother complaining?

If you don't like Megadeth's set then fine, don't see them live anymore. The band will survive just fine without you. You're not making a point of any kind that they'll notice because there will always be someone else who will buy a ticket.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Wrathchild_84's Avatar
Wrathchild_84 Wrathchild_84 is offline
Complete tool
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A 78 chevy nova on I35E
Posts: 1,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I'm not sure if some people realize how big some of these songs were/are for Megadeth and how they built their fanbase to what it is. You can't get rid of songs like WUD, PS, IMDH, HW, Hangar, SOD and SB. Without these songs Megadeth doesn't have the fanbase it does now. They aren't gonna change it just because a random one percent think they should.

We all do our fair share of setlists complaining on here, myself included. But at the same time i've learned to appreciate a band for what they're gonna play for us rather than bitch about them not changing up the set. The odds are somebody wants to hear some random song that has no chance of getting played anyways, so why bother complaining?

If you don't like Megadeth's set then fine, don't see them live anymore. The band will survive just fine without you. You're not making a point of any kind that they'll notice because there will always be someone else who will buy a ticket.
It's not like I expect them to play Killing Is My Business in it's entirety but I don't think asking Dave to mix up the setlist a bit is a tall order. They play the same damn set just about every tour. I've supported the band for the years but if Dave wants to just keep releasing shitty albums and keep playing the same tired setlist with no surprises then thats the end of my support. And I wouldn't say I'm a random 1%. I sure there are plenty of others who are just as sick of Dave's shit as I am.
__________________
Crack sells... But who's smoking?
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 05-16-2011, 06:00 AM
toolfansat toolfansat is offline
Music? Yeah... it's my life.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 266
What time did the show end?
__________________
5/2-4 Beale St. Music Festival
5/8 Rob Zombie
5/15 Mastodon
10/29 Ian Anderson
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Wrecking Crew Wrecking Crew is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild_84 View Post
It's not like I expect them to play Killing Is My Business in it's entirety but I don't think asking Dave to mix up the setlist a bit is a tall order. They play the same damn set just about every tour. I've supported the band for the years but if Dave wants to just keep releasing shitty albums and keep playing the same tired setlist with no surprises then thats the end of my support. And I wouldn't say I'm a random 1%. I sure there are plenty of others who are just as sick of Dave's shit as I am.
I agree, I am not seeing Megadeth this year because of this. I have seen them twice now (albeit 20 years apart, in 1990 and last year) and seen all the "hits." I also have this same issue with Rush. Groups really need to shake it up more. I realize they have to play all the songs Sanitarium78 mentioned but that still leaves a lot of room for others. Even one song of of Killing... would be a nice change.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Crew View Post
I agree, I am not seeing Megadeth this year because of this. I have seen them twice now (albeit 20 years apart, in 1990 and last year) and seen all the "hits." I also have this same issue with Rush. Groups really need to shake it up more. I realize they have to play all the songs Sanitarium78 mentioned but that still leaves a lot of room for others. Even one song of of Killing... would be a nice change.


Rush Setlists always have rarities and other gems in them. You crazy!
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 05-16-2011, 02:25 PM
JLRedWing13's Avatar
JLRedWing13 JLRedWing13 is offline
I can't stop thinking big
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post


Rush Setlists always have rarities and other gems in them. You crazy!
This, they are probably one of the best bands when it comes to making setlists.
__________________
5/6 - Rammstein
5/16 - Meshuggah/Baroness
5/18-5/20 - Rock On The Range
7/18 - Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anthrax, megadeth, metallica, slayer

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008