Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014

Old 05-15-2011, 09:25 PM
In Search of Truth

Whitesnake -- Jim Thorpe, PA -- May 15th, 2011

Too tired to post more now, but I will post a full review (with pics) tomorrow. AMAZING show though. DOUG ALDRICH, that's all I have to say. Setlist also flowed and felt much better than I expected. Still too short though.

Intro
Best Years
Give Me All Your Love Tonight
Love Ain't No Stranger
Is This Love?
Love Will Set You Free
Forevermore
Steal Your Heart Away
Guitar Duel
My Evil Ways
Drum Solo
Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City
Fool For Your Loving
Here I Go Again
======================
Still of the Night
Old 05-16-2011, 03:29 AM
MetalSetLists's Smartest Man

In Jim Thorpe? I've been through there a few times to fish at Mauch Chunk Lake, where was this show at? I'm not really familiar with the area but it seems kind of rural.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:41 AM
N00B

I was at this show as well, have to agree about Doug Aldrich. Still can't believe they didn't do slow and easy, and I found it very strange that on many occasions the microphone was no where near Coverdales mouth, yet his voice was still coming through the PA. I am not saying he lip synched, but he definitely had help.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Did somebody say Fair Warning? Lord strike that poor boy down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwils65 View Post
I was at this show as well, have to agree about Doug Aldrich. Still can't believe they didn't do slow and easy, and I found it very strange that on many occasions the microphone was no where near Coverdales mouth, yet his voice was still coming through the PA. I am not saying he lip synched, but he definitely had help.
Reb's voice actually sounds a lot like David's so when DC needs a break or is letting the WS choir have a go, you'll often here Reb and could mistake him for DC.

John
Old 05-16-2011, 09:07 AM
\m/\m/

Looks like they dropped a bunch from opening night...mostly the new slower tunes.

I love Penn's Peak as a venue!! It's like a ski lodge on the top of a mountain. Great room....the fans are suspect though. I was at a Black Crowes show there in 2009 where a huge fight broke out. Afterward I heard that it happens quite frequently there.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:59 AM
welp

Glad that you got a good show, the crowd at the one I went to sucked ass.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:04 PM
In Search of Truth

Alright, my long overdue proper review:

As I said, I thought this was an absolutely excellent show. My friends and I got up to Penn's Peak pretty early - around 4pm, and were nearly the first people in line. We ended up right on the rail - exactly where I wanted to be - right in front of Doug Aldrich. There was no support and the show started promptly at 8pm. The sound was not the greatest up front, but it hardly ever is, so it could've been worse. I felt like it took maybe 2-3 songs for the sound to "level out" and the band to tighten up, but by Love Ain't No Stranger things were sounding and feeling pretty damn great. I have to say that I felt the setlist flowed and felt MUCH better than I thought it with, and at least where I was, the audience was very receptive to the new material. "Forevermore" sounds exceptional love, and "Love Will Set You Free" has everything a Whitesnake live favorite should have. That being said - the band shoul've played a couple more "classic" songs. It's rare that I bitch about this, but the absence of Crying in the Rain especially was kind of annoying. The band has dropped 3 songs since the start of the tour - granted, all old ones I don't particularly care about seeing - but my point is that this show last an hour and 45 minutes. Good-length headlining performance, but considering it was technically an "Evening With" Whitesnake, and the show end at 9:50pm, it felt very short.

Doug Aldrich is an absolute guitar god. This needs to be said. The man has long been one of my favorite guitarists, but seeing him last night absolutely solidifies that status. This main never hits a bad note, never runs out of licks, and his tone is absolutely phenomenal, arguably the best I've ever heard. Reb Beach is no slouch whatsoever, but I felt he was upstaged by Doug most of the time. The new rhythm section is surprisingly great. I had my doubts, but the two of them (ESPECIALLY Brian Tichy) quickly laid them to rest. Helluva drummer to say the least. David Coverdale sounded OK - not great but not terrible, kinda what I was expecting. Regarding the comments about his distance from the microphone - I know exactly what you're talking about, but I don't think it's any cause for concern. A lot of smart vocalists tend to pull the microphone very far away from them to hit high notes, due to the intensity of the sound it produces. I see it quite often, and it often looks staged, but believe me, it's not. Though I know it's easy to get suspicious of someone as old and spotty as Coverdale. In regards to just normal vocals - keep in mind, there were 4 other guys with microphones, he doesn't even need to sing on a lot of the choruses, haha.

So overall, fantastic show. For a first Whitesnake show it was outstanding, but I hope they fix the setlist a bit for the August dates, because I plan to see them again. I would have photos, but Facebook's new stupid photo settings don't allow me to "copy picture location". If you're my friend on there, I uploaded a few.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:03 PM
In Search of Truth

Pictures from the show:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/strange...7626734717424/
Old 05-17-2011, 04:24 PM
One who onions things

Okay, when I saw Whitesnake open up for Priest last year, they did 10 songs not counting drum and guitar solos in an hour. How the hell did they do an hour and 45 minutes with only 12 actual songs?!
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Tags
whitesnake