Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014
Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 05-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Was it worth it?

Children of bodom-Relentless reckless forever

So i dont think anyone here reviewed this album so i guess i will. Let me first say that i think blooddrunk sucked. Poor album. Children of bodom is one of my favorite bands so i decided to give them another try with Relentless reckless forever. I heard the song was it worth it? And i didnt mind it, in fact i thought the song kicked ass. Now if only the whole album was like that. Its not bad, much better then blooddrunk but not on the scale as follow the reaper, are you dead yet? or hate crew deathroll. There are some kickass songs on this album but nothing that truly stands out. The album starts with not my funeral which is actually a pretty kick ass song. I thought it was a great start to an album so by now i had high hopes for this cd. With shovel knockout my expectations droped. IMO the song was so bland and boring. Nothing that stands out with this song. Not bad but it is what it is. Roundtrip to hell and back is a pretty good song. Actually, at this point is my favorite song of this album. Pussyfoot miss suicide, even with the stupid song title kicks fucking ass. A fucking awesome song. Loud, heavy and fast. Relentless, reckless forever is another boring song which i actually skiped. Pretty god awful song. Ugly isnt a bad song, just doesnt stand out at all. Cry of the nihilist is much better than the last two songs. Pretty fun to listen too but, yet again, nothing stands out. Was it worth it? is a kickass song and probably the second best from the album, next to pussyfoot miss suicide. Now if only the entire album was that good. Northpole throwdown is a pretty sweet song. But again, nothing special. Honestly this entire album is pretty much nothing. Its like fast food, it tastes ok when you eat it but you forget about it really quickly. Much better then blooddrunk but not as good as anything else they did. Its worth the listen once but other then that its nothing special. 6/10
Old 05-10-2011, 06:25 PM
That Guy

Bad album with 1-2 ok songs, if that.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Was it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Bad album with 1-2 ok songs, if that.
I heard worse but i deff heard better. But mainly i agree with you. Sad too because bodom is one of my favorite bands.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:40 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowswillfall414 View Post
I heard worse but i deff heard better. But mainly i agree with you. Sad too because bodom is one of my favorite bands.
My guitarist is the same way. Children of Bodom is one of his favorite bands, then he heard the new album and he was so disappointed about it. I saw this coming since I heard Blooddrunk as a Single.

That's why on July 5th, I'll be riding the rails for Devin Townsend, Septic Flesh and Obscura, then hanging out with the bands by the merch tables during COB.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
That's why on July 5th, I'll be riding the rails for Devin Townsend, Septic Flesh and Obscura, then hanging out with the bands by the merch tables during COB.
This.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:21 PM
I can't stop thinking big

I liked it. Quite a bit. A lot better than the song titles would lead one to believe.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Was it worth it?

Quote:
I have seen COB Setlists for the new tour and they have been doing very little of the new material so im excited to see them. But obscura and devin townsend makes this lineup perfect.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:44 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowswillfall414 View Post
I have seen COB Setlists for the new tour and they have been doing very little of the new material so im excited to see them. But obscura and devin townsend makes this lineup perfect.
Another sign the album is shit. If you have a new album, your suppose to be touring for it, not just a song or two.

This reminds me of Hellbilly Deluxe 2 when Rob Zombie even admitted half the album was shit, but he made it anyways.

But yeah, Devin Townsend and Obscura make this tour worth seeing.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:44 PM
I can't stop thinking big

Quote:
Another sign the album is shit. If you have a new album, your suppose to be touring for it, not just a song or two.
They're playing almost half the album.....
Old 05-11-2011, 04:51 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRedWing13 View Post
They're playing almost half the album.....
I was going off of what Shadowswillfall414 was saying. He said that they were playing very little new stuff.

They could be doing half the album for all I know. I don't pay enough attention to them to know/care.