Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Old 05-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Buahahahahaha

Symphony X -- San Francisco, CA -- May 8th, 2011

So I got to the venue, and found some rail at the far left, facing the stage. I then got a Powerglove shirt and went back to my spot and waited for the show to start

Blackguard was up first. They're basically second-hand Children of Bodom. They were failry decent, and I liked the energy that the singer brought. I couldn't hear the lead guitarist. Facing the stage, he was to the very right, but I had a problem hearing everybody who was on that side of the stage, so I won't give Blackguard shit for that. That's on the venue's ass. Either way, they were alright so yeah.

Powerglove was up next. They almost missed the show because their bus broke down in Portland. They had to use all of Blackguard's gear. They still had all their costumes and all of the swords 'n' stuff. I've been waiting 4 years to see these guys, and it was worth the wait. They put on a really good live show. I guess them starting with Terra's Theme is a little preview with what we'll be getting with their next album, so I'm excited for that. Instead of a "Fuck that bird" chant before Storm Eagle, they had everybody chant "Fuck that van" since they're van broke down in Oregon. As usual, they threw out swords and a hammer during Metal Kombat, but they only had a few. I don't know if that's because their van brokedown or if that's just what they do, but I was hoping to get one. No big deal though. Red Wings Over Baron was fucking glorious in the live setting. I screamed/sang my heart out during Pokémon. They did awesome and I can't wait to see them again.

Powerglove
Terra's Theme
X-Men
Storm Eagle
Metal Kombat For Mortal Men
Red Wings Over Baron
Omnishred
Tetris
Pokémon
Mario Minor

That's how I felt the whole time while watching Symphony X. They really impressed me. I didn't think I was going to enjoy them as much as I did. The guitarist, Michael Romeo, is a fucking monster. Being right in front of him just and watching him do his this put my in a state of awe. I was little disappointed they only played one off of TDWOT, since it's by far my favorite album of theirs, but it was still amazing. The band played really well. The Odyssey was just jaw-dropping live.

Symphony X

Oculus Ex Inferni
Of Sins and Shadows
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
End of Innocence
Paradise Lost
Smoke and Mirrors
Eve of Seduction
Dehumanized
Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies)
The Odyssey

Blackguard: 7/10
Powerglove: 8.5/10
Symphony X: 9.5/10
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Old 05-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

Seeing this Friday night. I can't wait.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:33 PM
One who onions things

I was there as well, but I was far in the back hanging with my dad who decided to come with me when my friend that I was set to go with got the flu. Nothing quite like father/son bonding on Mother's Day, right?

You were right about stage right being near-inaudible. I couldn't hear the guitarist to the right at all during Powerglove. Powerglove impressed me far more than I was expecting, the Mortal Kombat theme may have been one of the coolest things I've heard metal-ized in a long long time.

Symphony X was also mind-blowing. I was not expecting that they would jack the speed on all the songs considering how technical all of the members are, but I thought it made the songs even better. Russell Allen seriously has to be my favorite living singer (...okay I still like Rob Halford better). He said he was sick from some bad food he ate, and wasn't well enough to make the meet n greet, but STILL hit every note perfectly. I have to admire Michael Romeo's ability to switch between his crazy solos and the riffs so easily, you can tell he takes learning how to play a song perfectly as seriously as he does learning how to wank on his solos. The only things that I disliked about the show were that the bass wasn't mixed properly or something causing this shrill ring whenever a note was held, and that Russell's vocals were too low in the mix during Paradise Lost. Otherwise, absolutely fantastic.

Oh yeah, this was gonna be my first time seeing Nevermore, but nope, looks like I'm never gonna go bonkers to The Seven Tongues of God as played by the classic lineup ever.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 05-10-2011, 04:55 PM
D.B.B.

PowerGlove adn Symphoney X are playing here tonight and I'm not going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
I was there as well, but I was far in the back hanging with my dad who decided to come with me when my friend that I was set to go with got the flu. Nothing quite like father/son bonding on Mother's Day, right?
Take that mom!

Tags
powerglove, symphony x