Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:20 AM
jd091's Avatar
jd091 jd091 is offline
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvinge View Post
Tickets are still available on ticketmaster. Only single tickets tho. Dude, you can make it if you want to.
Look at my sig, bro. I was up at 10:00 in the morning refreshing my page constantly for 10 minutes to get a floor ticket, they sold out in about 12 seconds. And there's definitely no tickets left for Chicago, other than scalpers.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:48 AM
ShatteredFlame's Avatar
ShatteredFlame ShatteredFlame is online now
not the mama
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hamden CT/Long Island NY
Posts: 2,166
Some guy in front of me was complaining about spending $110 on this jacket/vest thing because he waited forever on the merch line and they ran out of everything before he got to the front, making him buy that.

I never even look at the merch for arena concerts because it is just ridiculous. Honestly, you could find the same crap at Target and Hot Topic for $10 most of the time too.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:59 AM
toolfansat toolfansat is offline
Music? Yeah... it's my life.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Look at my sig, bro. I was up at 10:00 in the morning refreshing my page constantly for 10 minutes to get a floor ticket, they sold out in about 12 seconds. And there's definitely no tickets left for Chicago, other than scalpers.
That means nothing. Ticketmaster routinely does NOT release all the tickets when they go on sale. When I checked for Rammstein tickets to the NJ show, it was "sold out". 2 days later - it wasn't - and I was in!

Plus a certain amount are allocated to radio stations, etc, and if they don't get used they get sold. I have had amazing luck buying tickets to "sold out" shows the day of a show - even a few hours before showtime. Often up front too. (I found out that's because when an act books into a venue way in advance of the show, they often don't know the exact dimensions of the stage. Once they get loaded in and set up, any unused space up front is quickly filled with seats and sold that day.
__________________
8/1 KISS/Def Leppard
8/13 Gov't Mule
9/5 Slash
9/7 Steely Dan
10/9 Alter Bridge
10/10 Fleetwood Mac
10/29 Ian Anderson
10/30 Mastodon
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-09-2011, 05:30 AM
TripKore TripKore is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfansat View Post
That means nothing. Ticketmaster routinely does NOT release all the tickets when they go on sale. When I checked for Rammstein tickets to the NJ show, it was "sold out". 2 days later - it wasn't - and I was in!

Plus a certain amount are allocated to radio stations, etc, and if they don't get used they get sold. I have had amazing luck buying tickets to "sold out" shows the day of a show - even a few hours before showtime. Often up front too. (I found out that's because when an act books into a venue way in advance of the show, they often don't know the exact dimensions of the stage. Once they get loaded in and set up, any unused space up front is quickly filled with seats and sold that day.
well sold out doesn't mean it's sold out. they do that to drive more attention to the show and drive tix higher on their sister sites. ticketmaster tends to release tickets day before and day of the show. or you can still go to the box office @ the venue and grab tickets, just get there early in line. or find someone selling them outside the venue.

plenty of ways to get tickets @ "sold out" shows.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-09-2011, 08:24 AM
toolfansat toolfansat is offline
Music? Yeah... it's my life.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripKore View Post
well sold out doesn't mean it's sold out. they do that to drive more attention to the show and drive tix higher on their sister sites. ticketmaster tends to release tickets day before and day of the show. or you can still go to the box office @ the venue and grab tickets, just get there early in line. or find someone selling them outside the venue.

plenty of ways to get tickets @ "sold out" shows.

Absolutely! I have NEVER missed a show I really wanted to see because it was "sold out".
__________________
8/1 KISS/Def Leppard
8/13 Gov't Mule
9/5 Slash
9/7 Steely Dan
10/9 Alter Bridge
10/10 Fleetwood Mac
10/29 Ian Anderson
10/30 Mastodon
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Wrecking Crew Wrecking Crew is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfansat View Post
Absolutely! I have NEVER missed a show I really wanted to see because it was "sold out".
+1, tickets are a total scam, don't ever believe that something is sold out. Keep checking, I got 7th row center to Rush last year about a month before the show when only lawn seats were allegedly available for the 3 months before that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
combichrist, rammstein

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:26 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008