Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-08-2011, 09:20 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvinge View Post
Tickets are still available on ticketmaster. Only single tickets tho. Dude, you can make it if you want to.
Look at my sig, bro. I was up at 10:00 in the morning refreshing my page constantly for 10 minutes to get a floor ticket, they sold out in about 12 seconds. And there's definitely no tickets left for Chicago, other than scalpers.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:48 AM
not the mama

Some guy in front of me was complaining about spending $110 on this jacket/vest thing because he waited forever on the merch line and they ran out of everything before he got to the front, making him buy that.

I never even look at the merch for arena concerts because it is just ridiculous. Honestly, you could find the same crap at Target and Hot Topic for $10 most of the time too.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Look at my sig, bro. I was up at 10:00 in the morning refreshing my page constantly for 10 minutes to get a floor ticket, they sold out in about 12 seconds. And there's definitely no tickets left for Chicago, other than scalpers.
That means nothing. Ticketmaster routinely does NOT release all the tickets when they go on sale. When I checked for Rammstein tickets to the NJ show, it was "sold out". 2 days later - it wasn't - and I was in!

Plus a certain amount are allocated to radio stations, etc, and if they don't get used they get sold. I have had amazing luck buying tickets to "sold out" shows the day of a show - even a few hours before showtime. Often up front too. (I found out that's because when an act books into a venue way in advance of the show, they often don't know the exact dimensions of the stage. Once they get loaded in and set up, any unused space up front is quickly filled with seats and sold that day.
12/5 Gary Hoey
12/19 TSO
Old 05-09-2011, 05:30 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfansat View Post
That means nothing. Ticketmaster routinely does NOT release all the tickets when they go on sale. When I checked for Rammstein tickets to the NJ show, it was "sold out". 2 days later - it wasn't - and I was in!

Plus a certain amount are allocated to radio stations, etc, and if they don't get used they get sold. I have had amazing luck buying tickets to "sold out" shows the day of a show - even a few hours before showtime. Often up front too. (I found out that's because when an act books into a venue way in advance of the show, they often don't know the exact dimensions of the stage. Once they get loaded in and set up, any unused space up front is quickly filled with seats and sold that day.
well sold out doesn't mean it's sold out. they do that to drive more attention to the show and drive tix higher on their sister sites. ticketmaster tends to release tickets day before and day of the show. or you can still go to the box office @ the venue and grab tickets, just get there early in line. or find someone selling them outside the venue.

plenty of ways to get tickets @ "sold out" shows.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripKore View Post
well sold out doesn't mean it's sold out. they do that to drive more attention to the show and drive tix higher on their sister sites. ticketmaster tends to release tickets day before and day of the show. or you can still go to the box office @ the venue and grab tickets, just get there early in line. or find someone selling them outside the venue.

plenty of ways to get tickets @ "sold out" shows.

Absolutely! I have NEVER missed a show I really wanted to see because it was "sold out".
12/5 Gary Hoey
12/19 TSO
Old 05-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfansat View Post
Absolutely! I have NEVER missed a show I really wanted to see because it was "sold out".
+1, tickets are a total scam, don't ever believe that something is sold out. Keep checking, I got 7th row center to Rush last year about a month before the show when only lawn seats were allegedly available for the 3 months before that.

Tags
combichrist, rammstein