Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Old 05-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Asesino -- Fullerton, CA -- May 5th, 2011

The show was at the Slide Bar and it was free for Cinco de Mayo. I was told this bar has a problem with getting over crowded really fast, so I showed up early to make sure I got in to get a wrist band so that I wouldn't miss a free Asesino show. I got there at 8pm to find out that there were almost no people there. My friends and I found out college night lasted from 830 to 1030pm and we would get half off drinks, so we waited till then and were able to get $4 shots of Patron and $3 Shock Tops. I also found out I didn't need to have shown up so early because they weren't doing the wrist band thing for the show room. While my friends and I waited for the show to start, we sat on the patio. Well a mariachi band walked around and surrounded the random tables, playing songs for them. Well they came up to my table and of course they played the Mexican Hat Dance Sorry I couldn't get a setlist or name of this awesme mariachi band

The first band went on at 9:20pm and were called Black Oil. They were alright but I would never go out of my way to download their music. The next band was Fake Figures, who featured a member of Atreyu. This band was definitely not suppose to be on the bill because they were post-hardcore/screamo and it was terrible.

Asesino went on at 11pm and played for 75 minutes. This was the first time for me to see them live, so it was an awesome experience. I have seen Brujeria three times, but I seem to always miss Asesino. I think Asesino is way better live than Brujeria, but they need to cut out some of the covers and play more Asesino songs. Dino had the setlist right in front of him, but they definitely changed it up from what they were planning on playing. I thought it was funny that Tony brought out a joint right beore Marijuana was played and passed it around the crowd. The biggest surprise was after Matando Güeros when Tony screamed "Angel of Death" even though Asesino was listed as the next song. Well I thought it was a joke at first, but they played all of Angel of Death by Slayer. Even though the cover sounded awesome, it was ruining the whole "Spanish only" thing they normally do. So after Angel of Death, I figured Asesino was going to be next, but nope. As I waited for the next song, I heard the drums kick in "dun dun dun....dun dun dun" I thought, "oh no, please no" Then the Raining Blood riff kicked it. I thought "NO,NO,NO! Bad Asesino, you aren't Slayer, so stop making the end of your show a Slayer show." Well they played Raining Blood and finally ended with Asesino.

Regresando Odio
El Patron Mando
Despedazando Muertos
Carnicero
Soy Maldito
Rey De La Selva
Cyko Maton
Sequestro Nuestro
Brujerizmo
Amor Marrano
Adelitas
Yo No Fui
Raza Odiada (Pito Wilson)
Colas De Rata
Luchador Violador
¿Puta Con Pito?
Marijuana
Grenudos Locos
Matando Güeros
Angel of Death
Raining Blood
Asesino

So I guess I missed out on some great shit while at this show. If you ever go to the Slide Bar, there is a patio/bar at one end of the building and a show room at the other end. Well while I was leaving, which was forced to be rushed out faster than I wanted due to a friend being injured, he bit through his tongue, I noticed there was an awesome Cinco de Mayo party going on at the patio. There were a shit ton of hot women out there. My friend told me I missed a titty contest cause Asesino was on I just think its random as fuck that some hot ass women were partying across the hall from an Asesino show

Well overall it was an awesome way to spend my Cinco de Mayo

Last edited by christopher; 05-06-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:54 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

That Cinco de Mayo > all other Cinco's I've ever had in my life or what I ever intend on having in my life. Definite win for you.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Lots of Brujeria covers. Fuuuuh im pissed im not 21
1/16-Nausea/ACxDC
1/23-Harm's Way/Disgrace
Old 05-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturtleboy View Post
Lots of Brujeria covers. Fuuuuh im pissed im not 21
Patience young padawan, your time will come and it will be glorious
Old 05-08-2011, 02:18 PM
N00B

lol, i find your post hilarious. why are you hating on Asesino playing some of the best metal to ever be made/heard on this planet? SLAYER!!! you should be honored that you heard such a cover from some of the most influential artists in metal of the last two decades.

and the song is not called Marijuana, its called Consejos Narcos, a Brujeria song... and it was my joint they smoked, SMART GUY.

Tags
asesino