Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-05-2011, 07:57 AM
N00B

Protest the Hero -- Philadelphia, PA -- May 4th, 2011

So I arrived at the Trocadero at about 7:40 last night maybe about halfway through the local band NoN-StoP!'s set. They werent anything real special so my friends and I just chilled in the back.

Next up was TesseracT who I never listened to but heard were awesome so I decided to check these guys out. Damn they were really awesome and blew me away. The only songs I know they played were "Deception," "Perfection," and "April."

After TesseracT were Maylene and the Sons of Diaster. I don't really like them so during their set my friends and I just decided to walk around and check out merch. I picked up a PTH hoodie and TesseracT's cd.

Finally we went back in and it was time for Protest the Hero. These guys are incredible musicians and Roddy has a really great voice live and he is pretty damn funny in between songs. The entire place became a pit during Bloodmeat it was insane. My only thing is that Protest only played from about 9:55-10:50, I feel like they could have played a lot longer. However, I loved how they played a good amount of material from all of their albums. Setlist is as follows:

C'est La Vie
Wretch
Bone Marrow
The Reign of Unending Terror
Dunsel
Turn Soonest to See
No Stars Over Bethlehem
Sex Tapes
Limb From Limb
Blindfolds Aside

Sequoia Throne
Bloodmeat

Last edited by DisasterPiece120; 05-05-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:18 AM
N00B

I saw Protest open for Death By Stereo back like 6 years ago, NOBODY knew who Protest were. I didnt either, they just walked on stage and did their thing. I hated the clean lead singer but their bass player doing the growls also was freaking insane. Much respect to their musicianship though. If you're into em, the live show should eat you alive.

Tags
protest the hero