Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-01-2011, 06:55 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
Thanks for the review, out of curiosity, what was security like for this show? Security has supposedly been really tough the past few Danzig tours.
Security was pretty TIGHT. They weren't allowing anyone to take video or photo with cell phones. Supposedly, they were even harassing people for opening their phones to check text messages, but I didn't see that happening. The House of Blues is known for its tight security here though, so that wasn't necessarily a surprise.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:58 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepstalking View Post
Security was pretty TIGHT. They weren't allowing anyone to take video or photo with cell phones. Supposedly, they were even harassing people for opening their phones to check text messages, but I didn't see that happening. The House of Blues is known for its tight security here though, so that wasn't necessarily a surprise.
Thanks, just wondering. When I saw him in 08 they were pretty strict about cellphones. Smoking too.
9/13 - Samhain
Old 05-01-2011, 08:24 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Love Danzig but God stop talking already: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=157534
Old 05-03-2011, 04:32 AM
From beyond beyond the thunder dome

Quote:
Was security the same way for DevilDriver? I also thought Danzig would just wake up and realize he is being idiotic for not allowing cell phones of all things.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Concert Veteran

I like that Danzig doesn't want cell phones being used during his show. It gives his performance and old school feel. There's been too many times where i've seen people fuckin around with their phones and not paying attention to the show and it pisses me off. Why the hell are you there if you're just gonna be doing that all night? There's action going on in front of you that you paid to see, watch that will ya? Believe it or not there was a time where everyone did watch the show. I know it's a strange concept to the some of the cell phone junkies out there today.

The security was tight when I saw him last year. They actually had guys with metal detectors checking everyone out before they entered. I've never see that at a show before but I didn't mind it since you felt a bit safer going into the venue.

According to setlist.fm the encore for the show he did the night after this was DBS and AID. So you guys got screwed at this one.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I like that Danzig doesn't want cell phones being used during his show. It gives his performance and old school feel. There's been too many times where i've seen people fuckin around with their phones and not paying attention to the show and it pisses me off. Why the hell are you there if you're just gonna be doing that all night? There's action going on in front of you that you paid to see, watch that will ya? Believe it or not there was a time where everyone did watch the show. I know it's a strange concept to the some of the cell phone junkies out there today.
I understand that but that's not why he does it. He bans cell phones and every other thing because he hates people that tape shows. I've never seen a person use there phone during an entire concert but then again I am too busy watching what's in front of me to notice anything else.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:24 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesclash516 View Post
Was security the same way for DevilDriver? I also thought Danzig would just wake up and realize he is being idiotic for not allowing cell phones of all things.
It wasn't at all actually. I don't think I even noticed anyone with cell phones out during Devildriver. lol
5/1 - Primus
5/9 - HED PE & Soil
5/15 - Devildriver
5/22 - Peter Murphy
Old 05-03-2011, 08:26 AM
N00B

Quote:

According to setlist.fm the encore for the show he did the night after this was DBS and AID. So you guys got screwed at this one.
Man, at this point I've seen him six times, so I've heard Dirty Black Summer and Am I demon enough. lol I wish he would bust out some different stuff though for sure. I'd even love to hear "Sacrifice" as much as BlackAcidEvil sucks.
5/1 - Primus
5/9 - HED PE & Soil
5/15 - Devildriver
5/22 - Peter Murphy
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesclash516 View Post
I understand that but that's not why he does it. He bans cell phones and every other thing because he hates people that tape shows. I've never seen a person use there phone during an entire concert but then again I am too busy watching what's in front of me to notice anything else.
But now that i've mentioned this you're going to notice people on their cells trying to get videos and pictures of the show all the time now

I'm not one of those who tries to get directly up front all the time. I usually try and find a good spot about half way back so I can avoid the pit, pushing, shoving and the idiotic crowd surfers. I think you get a better scope of everything if you stay back a bit. So maybe because of that i've seen more cell phone useage at shows than someone else might.

Quote:
Man, at this point I've seen him six times, so I've heard Dirty Black Summer and Am I demon enough. lol I wish he would bust out some different stuff though for sure. I'd even love to hear "Sacrifice" as much as BlackAcidEvil sucks.
You can never hear DBS and AID enough

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 05-03-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
But now that i've mentioned this you're going to notice people on their cells trying to get videos and pictures of the show all the time now
I was just joking, I see people using their cell phones all the time. Although the only times I've seen people using their cell phones it was to video tape some songs. I sometimes like to take video too (just a harmless hobby of mine) which is why I get a bit defensive when I see someone like Danzig doesn't even let people use cell phones.

Tags
danzig, devildriver