Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Dillinger Escape Plan -- Brooklyn, NY -- July 31st, 2014
Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 05-01-2011, 06:55 PM
sleepstalking sleepstalking is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
Thanks for the review, out of curiosity, what was security like for this show? Security has supposedly been really tough the past few Danzig tours.
Security was pretty TIGHT. They weren't allowing anyone to take video or photo with cell phones. Supposedly, they were even harassing people for opening their phones to check text messages, but I didn't see that happening. The House of Blues is known for its tight security here though, so that wasn't necessarily a surprise.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Jochen Jochen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepstalking View Post
Security was pretty TIGHT. They weren't allowing anyone to take video or photo with cell phones. Supposedly, they were even harassing people for opening their phones to check text messages, but I didn't see that happening. The House of Blues is known for its tight security here though, so that wasn't necessarily a surprise.
Thanks, just wondering. When I saw him in 08 they were pretty strict about cellphones. Smoking too.
__________________
8/5 - Summer Slaughter
8/8 - Soulfly
8/29 - Sleep
9/13 - Samhain
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-01-2011, 08:24 PM
300%_Density 300%_Density is offline
When your grabbing ass with your friends...
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 3,503
Love Danzig but God stop talking already: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=157534
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-03-2011, 04:32 AM
stylesclash516's Avatar
stylesclash516 stylesclash516 is offline
From beyond beyond the thunder dome
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepstalking View Post
Security was pretty TIGHT. They weren't allowing anyone to take video or photo with cell phones. Supposedly, they were even harassing people for opening their phones to check text messages, but I didn't see that happening. The House of Blues is known for its tight security here though, so that wasn't necessarily a surprise.
Was security the same way for DevilDriver? I also thought Danzig would just wake up and realize he is being idiotic for not allowing cell phones of all things.
__________________
05/24-05/26 - Maryland Deathfest
06/01 - Bolt Thrower
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,015
I like that Danzig doesn't want cell phones being used during his show. It gives his performance and old school feel. There's been too many times where i've seen people fuckin around with their phones and not paying attention to the show and it pisses me off. Why the hell are you there if you're just gonna be doing that all night? There's action going on in front of you that you paid to see, watch that will ya? Believe it or not there was a time where everyone did watch the show. I know it's a strange concept to the some of the cell phone junkies out there today.

The security was tight when I saw him last year. They actually had guys with metal detectors checking everyone out before they entered. I've never see that at a show before but I didn't mind it since you felt a bit safer going into the venue.

According to setlist.fm the encore for the show he did the night after this was DBS and AID. So you guys got screwed at this one.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-03-2011, 07:46 AM
stylesclash516's Avatar
stylesclash516 stylesclash516 is offline
From beyond beyond the thunder dome
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I like that Danzig doesn't want cell phones being used during his show. It gives his performance and old school feel. There's been too many times where i've seen people fuckin around with their phones and not paying attention to the show and it pisses me off. Why the hell are you there if you're just gonna be doing that all night? There's action going on in front of you that you paid to see, watch that will ya? Believe it or not there was a time where everyone did watch the show. I know it's a strange concept to the some of the cell phone junkies out there today.
I understand that but that's not why he does it. He bans cell phones and every other thing because he hates people that tape shows. I've never seen a person use there phone during an entire concert but then again I am too busy watching what's in front of me to notice anything else.
__________________
05/24-05/26 - Maryland Deathfest
06/01 - Bolt Thrower
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-03-2011, 08:24 AM
sleepstalking sleepstalking is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesclash516 View Post
Was security the same way for DevilDriver? I also thought Danzig would just wake up and realize he is being idiotic for not allowing cell phones of all things.
It wasn't at all actually. I don't think I even noticed anyone with cell phones out during Devildriver. lol
__________________
4/13 - Powerman 5000
4/17 - Megadeth
4/25 - Combichrist
5/1 - Primus
5/9 - HED PE & Soil
5/15 - Devildriver
5/22 - Peter Murphy
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-03-2011, 08:26 AM
sleepstalking sleepstalking is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post

According to setlist.fm the encore for the show he did the night after this was DBS and AID. So you guys got screwed at this one.
Man, at this point I've seen him six times, so I've heard Dirty Black Summer and Am I demon enough. lol I wish he would bust out some different stuff though for sure. I'd even love to hear "Sacrifice" as much as BlackAcidEvil sucks.
__________________
4/13 - Powerman 5000
4/17 - Megadeth
4/25 - Combichrist
5/1 - Primus
5/9 - HED PE & Soil
5/15 - Devildriver
5/22 - Peter Murphy
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesclash516 View Post
I understand that but that's not why he does it. He bans cell phones and every other thing because he hates people that tape shows. I've never seen a person use there phone during an entire concert but then again I am too busy watching what's in front of me to notice anything else.
But now that i've mentioned this you're going to notice people on their cells trying to get videos and pictures of the show all the time now

I'm not one of those who tries to get directly up front all the time. I usually try and find a good spot about half way back so I can avoid the pit, pushing, shoving and the idiotic crowd surfers. I think you get a better scope of everything if you stay back a bit. So maybe because of that i've seen more cell phone useage at shows than someone else might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepstalking View Post
Man, at this point I've seen him six times, so I've heard Dirty Black Summer and Am I demon enough. lol I wish he would bust out some different stuff though for sure. I'd even love to hear "Sacrifice" as much as BlackAcidEvil sucks.
You can never hear DBS and AID enough

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 05-03-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-03-2011, 04:07 PM
stylesclash516's Avatar
stylesclash516 stylesclash516 is offline
From beyond beyond the thunder dome
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
But now that i've mentioned this you're going to notice people on their cells trying to get videos and pictures of the show all the time now
I was just joking, I see people using their cell phones all the time. Although the only times I've seen people using their cell phones it was to video tape some songs. I sometimes like to take video too (just a harmless hobby of mine) which is why I get a bit defensive when I see someone like Danzig doesn't even let people use cell phones.
__________________
05/24-05/26 - Maryland Deathfest
06/01 - Bolt Thrower
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
danzig, devildriver

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008