Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Pursue happiness with diligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
fucking loser nerds.
Just some context here.

We post on an online metal forum. We don't call people nerds.

That said, can't defend Powerglove from a "wow they make amazing music standpoint," but I enjoyed them live.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:22 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Yeah, some people there were super into them, which is weird, because they're so terrible. It's a terrible concept/shtick, so I'm biased against it in the first place, and then they're not good at it. And the people getting into it was almost as bad as the band itself. Go back to your image meme boards and Monster energy drinks and get the fuck away from my metal show you fucking loser nerds.
I mostly agree with this. Except that I think it's a potentially awesome concept, with the worst execution ever. Though they have no place in metal shows whatsoever, they can go and play their own nerd shows (viable market for that probably) without intruding on good bands like Symphony X please.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:42 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Personally, I love Powerglove. I think theres great potential there, and that their music has a pretty large range of appeal. However, I don't think they should tour as much as they do, and I don't think they should open on these sorta tours. For their sort of music, occasional touring would be a better option, with more headline dates, or even touring with cheesier metal acts like Hammerfall or Dream Evil (they're cheesiness would compliment each other). Thet are currently working on original material and another covers album, which I dig, so hopefully in the future we can see them establish themselves as a genuine metal act, with the covers thing as a between tours thing for the band to release in conjunction with original material.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:29 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I mostly agree with this. Except that I think it's a potentially awesome concept, with the worst execution ever. Though they have no place in metal shows whatsoever, they can go and play their own nerd shows (viable market for that probably) without intruding on good bands like Symphony X please.
I think we agree here. I think the "video game music band" concept has potential when that band isn't a metal band, because those songs weren't written to be metal songs. That orchestra thing that plays FF songs is actually pretty awesome, but Powerglove...isn't.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

There's something to be said for covering in a song in a genre that it wasn't written for. There's another thing when it's done in a way that is borderline insulting to both the genre you're using and the original song. Their entire discography basically sounds like songs that Dragonforce rejected because they were bad by even their own standards.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:46 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
There's something to be said for covering in a song in a genre that it wasn't written for. There's another thing when it's done in a way that is borderline insulting to both the genre you're using and the original song. Their entire discography basically sounds like songs that Dragonforce rejected because they were bad by even their own standards.
This.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Yeah, no, I'm totally with you. Genre A covered by band in Genre B is not a problem. Quite specifically, video game music covered by power metal band is.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:00 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Tags
symphony x