Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Protest the Hero -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 27th, 2014
Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014

Old 04-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzbang11 View Post
I prefer the songs on Death Penalty but the vocal performance on Friends of Hell is superior. My favorite release is the Live '83 album, mainly because it's got the best songs performed with better vocals. Make sure you buy the record or download a vinyl rip though, the CD was pressed at a weird slowed down speed so the pitch and tempo of everything are thrown off and stupid.

EDIT: Just listen to this! It soo great.
Thanks I'll check that stuff out.

I do like Death Penalty, and like you said the songs are great, but sometimes the vocals and lyrics make the songs a little less good. But I feel like thats just the kind of band they are, and that's fine with me.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 AM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
BrokeNCYDE

Old 04-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Headbanger

It's funny reading through this I saw "The mighty all knowing one" bashing Slayer fanboys and Wizz bagging on LOG and Gojira fans. I just don't get it man. I know some hot chicks who are LoG fans including a Ravens Cheerleader so they're not all meatheads like people always insinuate.

I listen to all of these bands mentioned in this thread (except Brokencyde... never heard of them) and don't hate on any of them or their fans. Hell I just gave Arcade Fire a 13th listen because Brad worships them and even though I don't get it, I don't hate them or their fans.

Cracking jokes about a band being hippie hipsters or whatever is cool but some of this shit is useless banter. I own every Megadeth album and consider myself a fan but if there is any bands fans I don't want to be associated with it's those fans. Reading some of the pro-Megadeth posts just makes me laugh sometimes. Add that to the fact they refuse to play most of their best songs for sheep reasons and I just don't get it.

And for the record some of the coolest people I've ever met in my life are Gojira fans... and I agree Slayer needs more Hell Awaits but they still win the setlist award in my eyes. I expected Metallica to shock the world with more gems off Kill em All and the very last song in the world I ever want to see live again is Seek & Destroy. NEM being second...
Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

Well back to the show part of this thread, here is the blurry picture I took with my phone.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:52 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
It's funny reading through this I saw "The mighty all knowing one" bashing Slayer fanboys
What? Is this suppose to be directed at me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
and Wizz bagging on LOG and Gojira fans. I just don't get it man. I know some hot chicks who are LoG fans including a Ravens Cheerleader so they're not all meatheads like people always insinuate.

I listen to all of these bands mentioned in this thread (except Brokencyde... never heard of them) and don't hate on any of them or their fans. Hell I just gave Arcade Fire a 13th listen because Brad worships them and even though I don't get it, I don't hate them or their fans.

Cracking jokes about a band being hippie hipsters or whatever is cool but some of this shit is useless banter.
I was just joking about the brokencyde thing

I like Lamb of God. Some of my good friends are hardcore lamb of god fanboys. Infact, I was suppose to see them open up for metallica in san diego back in 2008 but we hit MAAAAD traffic and ended up missing all of lamb of gods set and got there 5 minutes before metallica hit the stage. We were all pretty damn wasted and really pissed, but then it quickly changed when metallica came on. Still pretty bummed out.

Also for the record. Even though I dont like listen to all kinds of genres like you, I do have friends that worship and are huge fans of great bands such as emmure, parkway drive, Suicide Silence, Windss of Plague and I totally respect their taste in great music(it does suck when they blast it in my face some times, i won't lie). I never bash them at all, infact some times i lie and tell them it sounds great just cause i feel like a douche if i tell them it sucks.

Anyways, yeah big four was cool, but I think I had a little more fun at scion rock fest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 04-25-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Headbanger

Um, no. I'm pretty sure we agreed on this subject. I was referring to the person who reads something and thinks it's law because HE read it. That our opinions are all lesser than him and we're all idiots because... HE IS THE ALL KNOWING ONE!

hahahaha
Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 PM
n00basaurus

Big 4 < Amon Amarth

One of the greatest performances ever.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:39 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicus 1988 View Post
Big 4 < Amon Amarth

I told you guys it was amazing!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits77ny View Post
Part A : Yes

Part B : No. Gotta promote your newest album, right?
Yeah i was saying they need something off Hell Awaits too. It's true they have a newer album out, but like someone else said this is a one-off US date with the Big 4. They could have played more classics for a special occasion like this. I could see if Slayer were on their own headlining tour and they played more stuff off WPB.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:01 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominicus 1988 View Post
Big 4 < Amon Amarth

Fuck I so wanted to go to that too! No setlist on here?
6/14 Mötley Crüe (Working)
6/24 Children of Bodom
7/22 Soundgarden (Working)

Tags
anthrax, megadeth, metallica, slayer