Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014

Old 04-24-2011, 08:03 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Uhhh, Gojira and Lamb of God are better than Megadeth and Slayer. I'm sure people will say "Oh will Gojira and LOG wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Slayer and Megadeth", but that doesn't change the fact that Gojira and Lamb of God make better music.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:13 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian852009 View Post
Are you fuckin' serious? Lamb of God are one of the most unoriginal, repetitive bands i ever heard. Pure Generic American Metal. Do they even play guitar solos or do they have to call Alex Skolnick and Chris Poland on every album to play them? And recycle Testament riffs
Sorry, two points to make here:

1: They solo in that same track Poland and Skolnick solo on. And no they don't solo on every track, because not every songs NEEDS a solo, if it works as a song without a solo, why force one in.

2: They've thus far used one riff which sounds like a Testament riff. After that, as far as I now its all them, and they are one of the BEST bands around, but thats my opinion, I just wanted to correct you on those two points.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 PM
welp

Quote:
Uhhh, Gojira and Lamb of God are better than Megadeth and Slayer. I'm sure people will say "Oh will Gojira and LOG wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Slayer and Megadeth", but that doesn't change the fact that Gojira and Lamb of God make better music.
It's totally fine if you like those bands more than 'Deth and Slayer, but don't be a dick about it state it like it's a fact.
Quote:
Are you fuckin' serious? Lamb of God are one of the most unoriginal, repetitive bands i ever heard. Pure Generic American Metal. Do they even play guitar solos or do they have to call Alex Skolnick and Chris Poland on every album to play them? And recycle Testament riffs
First off, guitar solos =/= good music. Second, based on this it seems that you have barely listened to anything by this band at all and are just trying your hardest to bash them. Real cool, dude.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:24 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Not true. They revitalized american heavy metal, and are single handedly responsible for commercially killing nu-metal. One of the most influential and important metal bands to come out in the last 10 years.

Quote:
I believe you are referring to this post by me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
But I got lamb of god

And gojira

Oh snap
Where I was trolling that my Cleveland show in 2008 was better than this one. I was originally arguing that metallica had a better set on that one, playing Dyers Eve, Harvester of Sorrow, and Shortest Straw, but it's foolish to argue Gojira and LoG being better than the big 4 as a lineup even though I do enjoy listening to those 2 bands more than megadeth, or even Slayer.

I'm biased of course, and being of a younger generation, growing up and listening to Ashes of the Wake right it came out changed my heavy metal life, just like many older guys lives changed in the 80's listening to Reign in Blood or Master of Puppets.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:40 PM
N00B

I personally loved the set from Anthrax, I was only bummed they didn't do Gung Ho.

Megadeth was great and I can't really complain about their set since it was only my 2nd time seeing them I only wish their set was longer. I like trust a lot but was expecting them to open with Holy Wars or something like that. I would've really liked to have heard Rattlehead, Take No Prisoners, Five Magics, This Day We Fight and How The Story Ends or even the Conjuring especially since it's Charlie Benante's favorite song. I know Dave doesn't want to play that song but I was hoping he'd make that one exception. I think he sounded better than he did at the Jagermeister Music Tour though.

SLAYER did indeed steal the show, it would just have been nice if they had thrown in Aggressive Pefector again, Disciple, Tormentor, Hell Awaits and At Dawn They Sleep. Oh yeah and Payback was a real treat and a real surprise. That was one of the highlights. Another highlight was the 2 dudes in wheel chairs who got into one of the moshpits and got wheeled around by some of the moshers. That almost brought a tear to my eye.

Since I had never seen Metallica before I was quite happy with their set list for the most part, they could have done without Fuel (fucking hate that song), Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters and instead played The Four Horsemen, Whiplash and Fight Fire With Fire.

All in all it was a good show, all of the bands were awesome I only wish they all had the full sets rather than just Metallica, I mean the trailer did say every band gets a full set so I was expecting every band to do encores and play for at least 90 mins. I also hated the fact that the center screen was only used for Metallica and there was no inverted crosses for South of Heaven. It was nice seeing Metallica for the 1st time but I think I enjoyed the Jagermeister Music Tour more even though Daves voice had been coming and going and I couldn't hear Jeff's guitar for shit. I thought this was going to be the best concert of my life but that title still belongs to MAIDEN's Somewhere Back in Time and Final Frontier tours.
6/14 Mötley Crüe (Working)
6/24 Children of Bodom
7/22 Soundgarden (Working)

Last edited by ricky4502; 04-24-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky4502 View Post
I think I enjoyed the Jagermeister Music Tour more
wat
Old 04-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Lead Singer of Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
wat
I could understand that. Unless it's a big band with a lot of crowd interaction and what not, huge open air fests aren't that good. Metallica and Megadeth I can see working open air properly, but the other two no way. So having smaller indoor venues without Metallica, sure.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:06 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
It's totally fine if you like those bands more than 'Deth and Slayer, but don't be a dick about it state it like it's a fact.

First off, guitar solos =/= good music. Second, based on this it seems that you have barely listened to anything by this band at all and are just trying your hardest to bash them. Real cool, dude.
I was just going off on the guy that said Lamb of God and Gojira were better than Megadeth and Slayer. Those bands don't have shit on Megadeth or Slayer.... And I've heard quite a few LOG songs and nothing impressed me musically.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I was just going off on the guy that said Lamb of God and Gojira were better than Megadeth and Slayer. Those bands don't have shit on Megadeth or Slayer.... And I've heard quite a few LOG songs and nothing impressed me musically.
oooooooh

I will show you

all that I have masterrrrrred

FEAAAAR

PAAAAIN

HATRED

POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

I don't get how you don't like LoG.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:29 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
I could understand that. Unless it's a big band with a lot of crowd interaction and what not, huge open air fests aren't that good. Metallica and Megadeth I can see working open air properly, but the other two no way. So having smaller indoor venues without Metallica, sure.
Yeah it's not just that but I mean c'mon at that show Megadeth played Rust in Peace in full and they had Kerry King join in on "Rattlehead"... well at least for the last show which I was at they did. SLAYER played Seasons from start to finish and we had Aggressive Pefector but then again I'm not saying that their set at that show was any better than last nights. Anthrax's set last night was pretty much the same with "Got the Time" and "Among the Living" added in.
6/14 Mötley Crüe (Working)
6/24 Children of Bodom
7/22 Soundgarden (Working)

Tags
anthrax, megadeth, metallica, slayer