Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 01-09-2011, 09:09 PM
That Guy

If any of you guys are interested, I made a Sign Me To Roadrunner page. I put up the 3 demos I have up on Reverbnation. If you like what you hear, give us a good vote, if you think we suck, give us a low vote. But regardless, check the songs out and let me know what you think. Thanks:

http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/shattered
Old 02-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Isn't your guitarist leaving to play in his other band which is opening for Marilyn Manson's rumored April US tour?
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 02-22-2011, 04:42 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
Isn't your guitarist leaving to play in his other band which is opening for Marilyn Manson's rumored April US tour?
Yes he is, but in his other band he plays bass.

Thanks for the reminder.

Sorry it's still getting to me. Shattered may be done because of this, or at least in the WAAAAAYYYYYYY back burner. I love this band so much, it sucks to know it may not be going much longer, if at all after Late April.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:52 PM
That Guy

Well, I just got fired from my cover band and as my job as a drum teacher. and that Means Shattered is officially...shattered.

It all came down to politics in the long run, as you may have read in the Marilyn Manson thread, My guitarist is opening for him. And since August there has been a lot of tension going on. We haven't done a show since November, and we had our debut album set to be released in October but was then officially put on hold due to our guitarist not...well basically having no interest in finishing up the album to focus on his other band.

Then it came down to some verbal bitching between both of us, neither of us was right in reality, but I feel justified in my reasoning that I don't want to sit on my ass forever waiting for him to come back from touring. I wanna fucking play.

But it's over now, and in reality, I am kinda glad. I can focus all my main attention to Tears Of Ash. My bassist wants to start up a Thrash metal project, and my singer wants to make a Doom/Post Metal side project. They are both on my side of the whole issue, they hated waiting around as well. But instead of keep going under Shattered...well we know our guitarist has the rights to the name, and I'm not fond enough of it to keep it going, so it's for the best to let shattered be shattered.

I'm also going to try to find a way to teach drums. If it means driving to a student's house, them coming here, or making drum videos on youtube.

But to anyone here who liked what you heard, I really appreciate it, and the demos of the songs, and live practice videos will always be available. Hell I might even just release the shattered album, as is, for free. I mean why not?

Here's to the good times, thanks for listening!

R.I.P. Shattered
2009-2011
Old 04-22-2011, 12:38 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Sorry to hear that, Man. Best of luck w/ all your future musical endeavors.

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)
Old 04-22-2011, 12:13 PM
That Guy

Thanks man.

Apparently last night I was gotten rid of as an administrator on our Facebook page, which is pretty chicken shit, to be honest. Maybe he plans on keeping the band going, which will be hard as he is the only one left and he can't use all the songs. I hate this whole thing.

Band life, when it's good, it's good, when it's bad, it's shitty.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:49 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Yep. A douche bag move for sure. Again, good luck w/ everything.

03/08-Suffocation (?)
04/04-Kataklysm, Aborted (?)
04/05-Biohazard, Sworn Enemy (?)
Old 04-22-2011, 08:33 PM
That Guy

Thanks again man.

Like I said above I hope to release the unfinished demo version of our debut album. I'll look at it like the Control Denied album. It may take a while (legal reasons) but it will be worth it.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:50 AM
Headbanger

That really sucks man but everything happens for a reason. Not sure if you saw it but the drummer of Periphery gives drum lessons over Skype and some other cam system. I'm not familiar with those things but it seems like it's the way of the future as far as music lessons go. Would be smart to get set up on that system if it's something you're really serious about.

I like the idea of the side projects. Who is to say this guitarist wouldn't blow you off again when somthing else comes up with his other band? Better to find out now...
6/29 - Primus
8/4 - Soundgarden & NIN
9/27 - Clutch & Janes Addiction
Old 04-24-2011, 04:21 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
That really sucks man but everything happens for a reason. Not sure if you saw it but the drummer of Periphery gives drum lessons over Skype and some other cam system. I'm not familiar with those things but it seems like it's the way of the future as far as music lessons go. Would be smart to get set up on that system if it's something you're really serious about.

I like the idea of the side projects. Who is to say this guitarist wouldn't blow you off again when somthing else comes up with his other band? Better to find out now...
I've often thought about that. but unless they are very local, or I become an internet sensation for drumming, the Skype thing might be hard to sell right now.

I am really confused by your last two sentences. After all that happened, I only intend on having to see him one more time before completely parting ways. The side projects are with my bassist and my singer. Not my guitarist. He's a hell of a guitarist, but after what has happened in the last 5 months, I'm ok with not playing with him again.