After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 04-24-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
Megadeth's history has been much stronger than Slayer's. If you buy one album, lets be honest, you have purchased all Slayer albums. So I'm unsure why there is all this talk about Megadeth being a small time band... It's not like Slayer is close to be as successful.
No way.
The first three albums are very different, I suppose the next two are forgettable and similar and the mid 90's stuff is garbage, but is still much different. I'll take bad Slayer over any Megadeth post RIP.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:55 AM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher of Birth View Post
Megadeth's history has been much stronger than Slayer's. If you buy one album, lets be honest, you have purchased all Slayer albums. So I'm unsure why there is all this talk about Megadeth being a small time band... It's not like Slayer is close to be as successful.
No, if you buy one Slayer album, let's be honest, you've bought one Slayer album.

Show No Mercy doesn't sound anything like any other Slayer album, same goes for Hell Awaits. South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss are pretty similar stylistically, but if you only buy Seasons, then you're gonna miss out on the great songs on South. The albums sound alike, but the songs do not. Those two also sound somewhat like Reign in Blood, but not entirely.

Even their later efforts don't really sound like each other. Diabolus sounds nothing like the rest of their discography. Neither does GHUA. Christ Illusion and WPB are kinda similar. Divine Intervention does sound a lot like Reign in Blood. That's it.

I'm just fucking sick of everybody saying that all of Slayer's albums sound the same. It's not true at all.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Rats off to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganarchy View Post
No, if you buy one Slayer album, let's be honest, you've bought one Slayer album.

Show No Mercy doesn't sound anything like any other Slayer album, same goes for Hell Awaits. South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss are pretty similar stylistically, but if you only buy Seasons, then you're gonna miss out on the great songs on South. The albums sound alike, but the songs do not. Those two also sound somewhat like Reign in Blood, but not entirely.

Even their later efforts don't really sound like each other. Diabolus sounds nothing like the rest of their discography. Neither does GHUA. Christ Illusion and WPB are kinda similar. Divine Intervention does sound a lot like Reign in Blood. That's it.

I'm just fucking sick of everybody saying that all of Slayer's albums sound the same. It's not true at all.
This
Old 04-24-2011, 12:03 PM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Quote:

THANK YOU!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Headbanger

Quote:

To me the true arguments would be Slayer vs. Metallica and Megadeth vs. Anthrax.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Slayer just had to pick Americon didn't they? I would've taken any song off WPB over that one, it's my least favorite off the album. Human Strain or Playing With Dolls would've been great. And playing Payback was kind of a headscratcher as well when they didn't play Disciple. But aside from that their set was pretty damn awesome. Posmortem, Black Magic, Silent Scream, The Anti-Christ, I went crazy for those, as well as the classics and songs from Seasons they played during American Carnage Carnage. And seeing Jeff Hanneman out there for the encore was a great moment.

Finally got to see Wake Up Dead from Megadeth as well and that was amazing.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 PM
and you can never quarantine the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrovar View Post
THANK YOU!
YOU'RE WELCOME!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
AND TOM Sounded amazing!!! Probably the best out of the 4 tonight.
Yes he was so much better than the two American Carnage shows I saw him at and that made me very happy. His vocals during Dead Skin Mask were awesome.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:34 PM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Me too. I don't get how God Hates Us all, South of Heaven, Reign in Blood and Haunting the Chapel all sound the same?

If you want to talk about a band that sounds the same in all there albums..... then that would be Motorhead
11/14 - Slayer
Old 04-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Metallica.

Please stop playing (or at least ending with) Seek and Destroy.
yes i dont like em ending with it at all. It should be whiplash
10/31-King Diamond

Tags
anthrax, megadeth, metallica, slayer