Opeth -- Toronto, ON -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014
Battlecross -- Westland, MI -- December 20th, 2014

Old 04-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Slayer definitely wins the setlist contest!

Not really. They didn't even play Hell Awaits (or anything from the album).

At least they were smart enough to not play Temptation.

As average as that Megadeth set is, it wins. But yea, Dave really needs to ditch Trust as an opener.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:26 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Oh yeah, I just felt like pointing out...

I have never seen so many people with Metallica Tattoos in my life. I saw one guy whos arm was plastured with nothing but metallica on it, aswell as metallica skull logos and ect. The show was plagued with Metallifanboys.
11/14 - Slayer
Old 04-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Not really. They didn't even play Hell Awaits (or anything from the album).

At least they were smart enough to not play Temptation.

As average as that Megadeth set is, it wins. But yea, Dave really needs to ditch Trust as an opener.
Actually that Megadeth setlist sucks nuts. If I were to list my Top 20 favorite Megadeth songs there might be 4-5 of them in there. Not playing This Day We Fight at this point is a total FAIL!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Actually that Megadeth setlist sucks nuts. If I were to list my Top 20 favorite Megadeth songs there might be 4-5 of them in there. Not playing This Day We Fight at this point is a total FAIL!

If I were to list my top 20 Slayer songs only 2-3 of them would be in theirs.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Concert Veteran

I don't understand how people can be think Metallica's set is weak in anyway. If you were at that show you'd be going nuts during CD, FWTBT, RTD, FTB, Sanitarium, Orion, Blackened, AMI and HTL. So don't try and act like your cool by bitching about it. When was the last time Metallica played a single set with all those songs in it?

I get why some maybe kind of "meh" about the other sets but at least Metallica was the only band who attempted to make the set special in someway. I guess I can say the same for Anthrax because of ATL and AIR being added in. If anybody mailed it in it song selection wise it was Megadeth and Slayer becuase they played the exact same set they were doing on the European Canage tour for the last month. Still, their sets aren't bad at all.

I would've loved to have gone to this but hopefully this will lead to a full tour next year. Honestly, if I were to go to see this show and I got the same exact setlists that they played here I'd be happy as hell.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Lead Singer of Atlas

I'm please with the sets for Anthrax and Megadeth. I don't give two shits about the other bands, but over all, happy with the sets.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:26 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I don't understand how people can be think Metallica's set is weak in anyway. If you were at that show you'd be going nuts during CD, FWTBT, RTD, FTB, Sanitarium, Orion, Blackened, AMI and HTL. So don't try and act like your cool by bitching about it. When was the last time Metallica played a single set with all those songs in it?

I would've loved to have gone to this but hopefully this will lead to a full tour next year. Honestly, if I were to go to see this show and I got the same exact setlists that they played here I'd be happy as hell.
This, all of this! Metallica was indeed the 2nd best band of the night and had the craziest crowed as well, a little crazier than slayer. For the first time I saw fire pits and a bunch of moshpits at a metallica show. It was amazing. There were fire pits and all out moshing all around me in my area of the venue. the first 5 times I saw metallica the crowed was tame and there was very little...actually Nah not little...just no moshing at all...what so ever...but not at this show...no sir-EEE! Metallica was fuckin amazing and I didnt know what to expect. I didnt follow the big 4/sonisphere shit back in 2010 so I really didnt know what to expect or was familiar with their setlists so for me this was all BRAND SPANKIN NEW!!!

And when they played orion i went bat shit crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy!!!!!!!
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 04-24-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Semper Fidelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
This. As someone who stopped buying Metallica albums after AJFA, I was really impressed with their set. Starting out with 4 out of 5 from RTL was like a dream come true. Sure, like a lot of the older fans, I would prefer only songs from the first three or four albums, but to hear this many of the classics was really cool. It reminded me of why I fell in love with Metallica in the first place back in 1984. All in all, a really great show and well worth the trip from the Pacific Northwest.
11/19 - Onslaught
11/22 - Judas Priest
11/23 - Alice Cooper
Old 04-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

tooo fuckin tired right now. Quick review

Metallica
Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax
1/23-Harm's Way/Disgrace
Old 04-24-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Best Slayer set I've seen in recent history.
2 songs off Show No Mercy.
Only 2 songs off South of Heaven (no Mandatory Suicide.)
I'm sooo jealous, that is fucking awesome. And Postmortem-Raining Blood.

Megadeth set is lame. Metallica set is pretty great. Would have been a fun show.

Tags
anthrax, megadeth, metallica, slayer