Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Old 04-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Man, those are such underwhelming setlists.
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 04-23-2011, 11:04 PM
You took my heart & left it blown to smithereens, I gave my body as a slave!

Where's Slayer's setlist?
Old 04-24-2011, 02:18 AM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasPriest89 View Post
According to SetlistFM as of 3:18 A.M...

1. That one song about blood
2. Never gonna give you up
3. Bed intruder
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 04-24-2011, 02:26 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasPriest89 View Post
I just got back from the BIG 4.

FUCKING EPIC. EPIC EPIC. I don't know what you all are bitching about with the setlists but I had a fantastic time and thought most of the sets were great AND NOT underwhelming at all! I'm too tired and drained the fuck out to leave a long rant about how great the show was so I'm just going to make it short and simple.

I thought Anthrax was ALRIGHT, Megadeth was not very good and I thought Mustains voice sucked really bad, SLAYER WAS FUCKING EPIC! Goddamn now I remember why they're one of the greatest heavy metal bands of all time, and Metallica was great!!!! But Slayer stole the show for me and it made up for their horrible performance that I had to endure back in october of last year. The only downside about slayers set was it was short and that Kerrys guitar kept blowing out so all you were mostly hearing was Tom and Gary. But still, I had a fucking blast!!! I have no idea why no one has posted Slayers Set yet. Anyways Heres the set

Slayer
World Painted Blood
Hate World Wide
War Ensemble
Postmortem
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Dead Skin Mask
Americon
Silent Scream
Anti-Christ
Seasons in the Abyss
Payback
Snuff
South of Heaven
Angel of Death

And yes I didn't make a typo either, Slayer did indeed go straight into Raining blood right after Postmortem. I really loved that. I don't think slayer has played Postmortem and Raining blood side by side in fuckin ages. It was really great to hear raining blood as the 5th song in the set!

Anyways You cant please them all.

I had a great fucking time. I thought all the bands were great but Slayer stole the fucking show for me. The moment the opening riff for Payback starts I just scream to the top of my lungs "PAYBACKS A BITCH MOTHER FUCKAAAAAAAAA" And I jump straight into the moshpit and the rest is just total annihilation

Oh yeah, and I got to meet Disposable justice and his friend. Nice meeting you guys! Anyways I'm a leave it off like that. I had a great time, fuck the haters and when it comes down to it...for me it was like

Anthrax - Meh, not bad
Megadeth - They sounded Decent but I think Mustains voice is slowly dying on us.
Slayer - Amazing. Moshing and going crazy during "Payback" is something I will never forget! ALL HAIL SLAYER
Metallica - Great.

PEACE OUT FOLKS.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 04-24-2011, 02:30 AM
One who onions things

Wait a minute, you said you could only hear Tom and Gary???

Didn't Jeff Hanneman play? Or did he just come on stage for a song or something?
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 04-24-2011, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
Wait a minute, you said you could only hear Tom and Gary???

Didn't Jeff Hanneman play? Or did he just come on stage for a song or something?
Disposable justice told me that jeff did indeed come out for the last two songs, but I was so busy Moshing and headbanging that I never looked at the stage once so I never really payed attention to what the hell was going on up there. And yeah, during most of slayers set kerrys guitar kept blowing out. It really wasn't that big of a deal. Compared to the last time I saw slayer, this performance made up for their shitty ass sloppy performance that they had at the gibson amiphitheater in october of last year. I just loved their set so fucking much because I didn't know what to expect. Sure we didn't get chemical warfare or manditory suicide but I could care less, I've heard those songs live anyways. It felt like a treat having to get to hear Silent scream, payback, postmortem, black magic ect.

AND TOM Sounded amazing!!! Probably the best out of the 4 tonight.
10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer
Old 04-24-2011, 02:43 AM
One who onions things

That means you saw the Seasons in the Abyss solo played correctly by Gary Holt, and saw Jeff Hanneman play Angel of Death and South of Heaven with Slayer in the same set!? I'm calling this possibly Slayer's greatest set since they stopped doing 90 minute+ shows.
Impaled (?) - 8/15
Sleep - 8/30
Swans - 9/10
King Diamond - 10/31
Old 04-24-2011, 02:44 AM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Happy you had a great time, sounded like an awesome show!!!

07/28-Cannibal Corpse (?)
08/09-Heavy MTL (?)
08/10-Heavy MTL (?)
11/03-Suffocation, Kataklysm
Old 04-24-2011, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
That means you saw the Seasons in the Abyss solo played correctly by Gary Holt, and saw Jeff Hanneman play Angel of Death and South of Heaven with Slayer in the same set!? I'm calling this possibly Slayer's greatest set since they stopped doing 90 minute+ shows.
To Tell you the truth... I dont think Gary did the Seasons solo as good as Pat O'Brien.

Also

I wouldn't say the GREATEST, but Slayers set was indeed fucking awesome. I had such a great time. 90% of that is mostly because I was so excited to see and hear what song would be played next, you know? The guessing game. They played a lot of tunes that I did not expect(I honestly didn't think we were going to get Seasons, Silent scream, Postmortem, payback ect). I also loved the fact that they went straight into Raining blood right after Postmortem was finished!!!

10/19 - D.R.I
11/10 - Judas Priest
11/14 - Slayer

Last edited by Sepultura69; 04-24-2011 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:03 AM
N00B

Yes, these sets are underwhelming.
Anthrax: Needs Medusa! Very catchy song. I'm glad they've stopped playing Only. I don't hate the John Bush era but I remember the crowd at the jagermeister show I went to didn't really respond to it well. The dude next to me who was singing all their songs completely froze when they played it. And this is a thrash worship fest, why not play the most brutal thrash song (in my opinion): Gung ho. I can only imagine the moshing.
Megadeth: Way too mid paced, especially for the "state of the art spped metal band." (They had that on concert advertisements back in the 80s.) I am also shocked that my last words was not played because it was played on one of the Jagermeister dates as a request from Lars. (Apparently he was at that gig.) I think it would have been cool to hear Mechanix, especially since Metallica was waiting back stage. Hangar 18 should have been replaced with Take no prisoners. Trust is a sucky opener. Set the world afire would have been more apporiate.
Slayer: I don't like them that much but antichrist is a cool song and one that I know hasn't been played often.
Metallica: Damn, did they just dial in that set or what? Although I would love to hear Creeping Death live, they need to drop it as an opener. I still think Damage inc could open a show well. Fade to black, sanitarium and nothing else matters need to go. One should be the only "ballad." I think it's a crime that they haven't played Dyer's eve for any of the big four shows. (At least to my knowledge.)
But It seems like people had a good time.

Tags
anthrax, megadeth, metallica, slayer