Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 04-13-2011, 02:08 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

How Is Chimaira Not Done By This Point?

Let's go through the checklist:
Bass player quit: Check
Programming quit: Check
Guitarist to play in SFU: Check
Have your drummer quit who's already quit once before: Check
Only thing left to happen is having their logo repossesed.

I love Chimaira a ton. One of my favorites but I don't know how much more turnover you can have in a band in one calendar year. I'm speechless at this point. The most recent band turnover from Andols:

“Since Chris released his statement recently, I suppose its time that I do so as well since I have been dodging questions and comments for almost as long. I am no longer a member of Chimaira, and actually haven’t been since before Christmas. I did play at Chimaira Christmas 11, which was my last show. I certainly couldn’t have asked for a better and more memorable way to go out.

I cannot stress enough how significantly different the circumstances are now than back in 2004. The short story is that the guys had taken issue with certain aspects of my role in the band. Nothing discussed was out of anger or anything personal, but I was definitely not expecting it and it was quite the spirit crusher for me. The decision was made that it would be in the band’s best interest to move forward without me.

I was obviously devastated, but again there was no ill will between us. Later, I was asked to rejoin, but after some painful contemplation in my mind, I decided it was best not to. I started to see everything that happened as something that was ultimately positive. I share some of the same concerns that Chris mentioned in his statement, namely the current state of the music industry and concerns about my future.

A major transition in life is much more manageable at 31 than it is in your late 30’s or early 40’s, so as a guy with literally zero experience in anything else, better now then later. Plus, it would be hard to go back without feeling constantly uneasy about the situation.

So where does that leave me musically? Well, I damn sure am not done as a drummer! I will be releasing an instructional book/dvd through Hal Leonard later this year. I teach private drum lessons in New Jersey. I’m also really trying to get busy with session recording work, so if you’re a guitarist or a band that needs drum tracks, I can be contacted at drummerandolsherrick@yahoo.com.

I’ve had a couple opportunities to track drums for two great bands, and I hope to be a part of a lot more. I hope you guys will continue to keep up with my work, so follow me at twitter.com/the_real_andols, facebook.com/drummerandolsherrick, youtube.com/realandolsherrick, and at www.andolsherrick.com.

Although I did not record the new album, I was around for the majority of the writing process, and I know you guys are going to love it. Despite the recent dramatic lineup changes, I’m quite confident the band will press on just fine. I will always love my brothers, both current and former, in Chimaira! Thank you to Crush Drums, Sabian, Ahead, Gibraltar and Evans for being fantastic companies to work with. Thanks to all the fans for the great years, and the multiple lifetimes’ worth of amazing memories!

Andols“

Last edited by 300%_Density; 04-13-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:13 PM
D.B.B.

Wow, that sucks. So now they are missing an arm and a leg and severly bleeding.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Wow, that sucks. So now they are missing an arm and a leg and severly bleeding.
"'Tis merely a flesh wound"
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 04-13-2011, 03:24 PM
welp

This sucks so fucking hard. I got into Chimaira big time after seeing them at Mayhem last year, and now they're fucking falling apart.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalDescent View Post
"'Tis merely a flesh wound"

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka
Old 04-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Kneeling Whaler

Goodbye, Chimaira. Hello Midnight!

http://www.myspace.com/athenarsmidnight

\m/
Old 04-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
British humor > Everything else
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 04-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Born Again In Blasphemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
This sucks so fucking hard. I got into Chimaira big time after seeing them at Mayhem last year, and now they're fucking falling apart.
Yeah they were great at Mayhem. Mayhem last year was a great event for lawn tickets. 3 Inches of Blood, Chimaira, Hatebreed and Shadows Fall were all great on the side stages.

I got hooked on the song "Black Heart" after they opened with it at Mayhem.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:05 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Dude. Dude. You haven't seen Chimaira if you haven't gone to a Chimaira Christmas in Cleveland. Holy. SHIT. Just look at the review of it from last December, they play the best sets imaginable. Almost played all of Impossibility of Reason! It was soooo good

And Rob, despite playing with 6FU, is definitely not done with Chimaira. They're just taking a little break to sort things out. They've already got a small hometown show in Cleveland planned for the end of may at Peabody's, so I excpect everything to be sorted out by then.

And I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a new album by the end of the year, and touring again. Don't worry, Chimaira is never done. Those are some hardass, blue collar dudes. This band ain't going anywhere.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:21 PM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd091 View Post
Dude. Dude. You haven't seen Chimaira if you haven't gone to a Chimaira Christmas in Cleveland. Holy. SHIT. Just look at the review of it from last December, they play the best sets imaginable. Almost played all of Impossibility of Reason! It was soooo good
Chimaira Christmas sounds like the shit, but Cleveland isn't exactly around the corner from me.