Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Old 04-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Play it loud, don't play it low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
And even if I reach a day where I don't love/appreciate them like I do now (and have since 2004), they will have still been such a huge part of my life for so many years, and their music will have meant so much to me over that time, it's had a permanent effect on me..
That's how I felt before I got my Slayer tattoo. I had been a fan for over 12 years at the time I got it. Haven't regretted it once in the 12 years since.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:51 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Eh, i would personally never get text of a band name tattooed on me, i just feel that would be too much like turning myself into a billboard.

but for those of you who arent me, go for what makes you happy!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:53 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterguy49 View Post
Yeah exactly. Like I said earlier, this Tool tattoo, http://www.checkoutmyink.com/tattoos...oink/tattoo-38, is badass and original compared to everyone else getting the Lateralus eye.
thats pretty cool. i saw a dude on my campus who had the "oversoul" piece tattoo'd on his shoulder. that alex grey dude definitely has some cool artwork
Old 04-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

I really want a Sleater-Kinney tattoo, but they don't really have any recognizable iconography or artwork, and I'm not creative enough to think of something on my own.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:15 AM

Got my newest tattoo last night. A sugar skull with a dagger and roses on the left side of my chest. Forgot just how bad they hurt on that part of the body. Especially on the collar-bone and the breast-bone. Then there's a whole other level of pain when being tattooed near the nipple.

Just got the outline last night. Mid-May scheduled for the shading. Pics in a bit when it heals, if anyone cares.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:21 AM

Almost forgot. For any Damage Plan/Hell Yeah fans; Bobzilla was in the tattoo shop last night.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
N00B

Saw a guy at my roller derby bout last night with Taco Bell tattooed on his knuckles....hahaha
Old 04-10-2011, 06:28 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Eh, i would personally never get text of a band name tattooed on me, i just feel that would be too much like turning myself into a billboard.

but for those of you who arent me, go for what makes you happy!
This is why I don't like band LOGOS as tattoos, because it really does seem like just a billboard/advertisement for the band. But getting symbols/artwork to represent a band that means enough to you is definitely cool in my book.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
This is why I don't like band LOGOS as tattoos, because it really does seem like just a billboard/advertisement for the band. But getting symbols/artwork to represent a band that means enough to you is definitely cool in my book.
I can definitely agree with this. More of a personal preference though, as I don't judge what goes on with other people.

Tattoos wouldn't really suit me at all... But if I was going to get one band related, I'd probably go Mastodon, The Sword, or Ensiferum. Ensiferum has been my favourite band since I was like 12, and I love all of their music and artwork. Power/fantasy stuff is a huuuge part of my music library (and books, movies, videogames as well). On the other side is more old-school stuff, and The Sword fit perfectly there. Their lyrics are some of the best ever, and their artwork is always incredible. Same with Mastodon. Definitely not my favourite band in the world, but I still remember them putting on one of the greatest live shows I've ever seen, and their artwork is always incredible. Big fan of their message/lyrical content as well.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:41 PM
rolling critical success on casting a level 7 stagedive

Blood Mountain is in my top 3 records of all time. I would definitely consider getting ink of that cover.