Head Wound City -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 21st, 2014
After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 04-07-2011, 12:30 AM
D.B.B.

Tattoos

So I have been thinking about getting a 2112 tattoo on my upper left bisect and a Somewhere in time Eddie on my right. Just wondering if any of you have a tattoo. It is my first time getting this done, so yeah, I'm nervous as fuk. Can you guys tell me your experience with your first tattoo, and if you don't, fuck it, just give me your ideas on tattoos in general, like if you like them as art, or do you think they are just plain stupid.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:33 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I think they're almost always a pretty bad decision. Very few actually look cool and no tattoo in history has ever looked good on a woman.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 04-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
I think they're almost always a pretty bad decision. Very few actually look cool
This.

25/9 Andrew O'Neill
8/10 Jex Thoth
13/10 The Skull
Old 04-07-2011, 07:32 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

Quote:
no tattoo in history has ever looked good on a woman.
Shut the fuck up. You have no clue what the hell you're talking about. I've seen plenty of tattoos that look not only great but VERY sexy on a women. You just probably haven't seen the right ones, broseph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
So I have been thinking about getting a 2112 tattoo on my upper left bisect and a Somewhere in time Eddie on my right. Just wondering if any of you have a tattoo. It is my first time getting this done, so yeah, I'm nervous as fuk. Can you guys tell me your experience with your first tattoo, and if you don't, fuck it, just give me your ideas on tattoos in general, like if you like them as art, or do you think they are just plain stupid.
Thats fuckin' awesome man! I remember when I was at a metal show and I saw the Mummy Eddie tattoed on this girls right shoulder, pretty fucking awesome. More power to you man, I think tattoos are great because they're a way for people to express them selves be it anything, music, art, their love for anything, ect. I only have one Tattoo. I have the Slayer Eagle tattoo'd on my right leg(the Eagle as well as the bands name in full detail). Let me tell you El Turtle man, THE SHIT HURT LIKE A FUCKING BITCH. I couldn't stop bleeding on my right leg for a good month or so. Pretty painful experience. It feels like a really really hot burning knife is just stabbing into your skin for 6-8 hours(depends on how long you're there and how long your tat takes). I'd say the only thing that sucks about tattoos is the healing process and getting them. But once the final touches are made....you're good to go.

I definitely give you props if you're really trying to get a somewhere in time eddie tattooed on your body. There's nothing more awesome than showing your love for something that you enjoy immensely by having it plastured on your body and representing the love for your favorite band. Fuck the negative comments, More power to you. Hope you get the tat that you want.

AND ALSO! Make sure you try and bargain with as much tat shops as much as you can. Go door to door. That's how it usually works. Say one guy wants to do your tat for say....400?...Go to the next shop tell em about the previous guy you went to and they will lower it to 300-350, then OFF to the next shop...keep doing that untill you find the Perfect one. I remember I went shop after shop. Some wanted to do my tattoo for 500, 600, 400, 300 I finally found a person who did it for 190. There's my 2 cents for ya.

I had this done back in summer of 2009.

11/14 - Slayer
Old 04-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I'm about to get my first tattoo soon as well. Personally, I really like the way tattoos like and I plan on getting several.

Sepultura that tattoo is sick. How long did that take to get done?

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

I don't have a tattoo, but if I were to get one it would be of this

Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
No tattoo in history has ever looked good on a woman.
Totally disagree. For some reason, I think sleeves and/or chest pieces on a woman can be really hot.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
I don't have a tattoo, but if I were to get one it would be of this

You'll have to replace it in a couple years with whatever the next big political trend for people who can't spell is.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:44 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
You'll have to replace it in a couple years with whatever the next big political trend for people who can't spell is.
+1

I really wanna get the Powerslave Eddie on one arm and the Blast Tyrant dude on the other. Since, like, my favorite album by my two favorite bands both has a dude on a throne on the cover. Sick, right?

Used to think tattoos needed to have meanings but I know too much stupid white trash with loved ones' names and their kids' footprints and dumbass bullshit like that so now I'm strictly going for "looks cool and is a thing I like" if I do decide to get one/several.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I was going to get my first one done last week, but my buddy who was going to hook me up went out of town for two weeks. In a week or so I'm going to get Bad Religion's anticross on my right hand shoulder. I have a few others planned out too. I'm going to get Hank III's executioner on my upper right arm, a little modified with the Murder Junkies syringe and knife going through it. Then on my lower left arm a banjo and the Saint Vitus "V" is going right below the banjo on my wrist. The "V" works two ways for me cause those songs seriously helped me through some shit and I can always say its V for vegan haha.