Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cannibal Corpse -- Atlanta, GA -- February 12th, 2016
Skid Row -- Uncasville, CT -- February 13th, 2016
Kiss -- Sioux Falls, SD -- February 11th, 2016
The Winery Dogs -- Barcelona, Spain -- February 10th, 2016
At the Gates -- Orlando, FL -- February 10th, 2016


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 04-04-2011, 07:53 PM
bobbie solo's Avatar
bobbie solo bobbie solo is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 431
still havent seen this band. so bummed.

see Sigor Ros when they tour again. if u want to be brought to tears at a show, this is the band. so beautiful.
__________________
1/18-Big Daddy Kane
1/26-LOG,Anthrax,Deafheaven,Power Trip
1/29-Muse
2/10-13 - Holy Ship '16
2/20-Candiria
3/4-Coheed & GJ
4/15-Underoath
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-04-2011, 07:56 PM
illuminatus917's Avatar
illuminatus917 illuminatus917 is offline
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: the mountains, NC
Posts: 3,116
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
still havent seen this band. so bummed.

see Sigor Ros when they tour again. if u want to be brought to tears at a show, this is the band. so beautiful.
I don't think they've been in the states since '08. Honestly, I don't know what they're up to these days. I haven't heard anything about a new album.
__________________
3/12 Pentagram

http://astrangemind.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-04-2011, 07:56 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
still havent seen this band. so bummed.

see Sigor Ros when they tour again. if u want to be brought to tears at a show, this is the band. so beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:51 PM
bobbie solo's Avatar
bobbie solo bobbie solo is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 431
jonsi (sp?) did his solo thing and toured behind it last year. they did a sparce amount of shows here in '09, but yeah their last full tour was '08. Saw them at Bonnaroo doing a 2am set. it was one of the most magical things ive ever seen in music. yes, this thread is decidedly NOT metal haha, part. my posts.
__________________
1/18-Big Daddy Kane
1/26-LOG,Anthrax,Deafheaven,Power Trip
1/29-Muse
2/10-13 - Holy Ship '16
2/20-Candiria
3/4-Coheed & GJ
4/15-Underoath
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-04-2011, 10:53 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
I don't think they've been in the states since '08. Honestly, I don't know what they're up to these days. I haven't heard anything about a new album.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
jonsi (sp?) did his solo thing and toured behind it last year. they did a sparce amount of shows here in '09, but yeah their last full tour was '08. Saw them at Bonnaroo doing a 2am set. it was one of the most magical things ive ever seen in music. yes, this thread is decidedly NOT metal haha, part. my posts.
Indefinite hiatus.

Not sure there will be another Sigur Rós show.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-04-2011, 11:17 PM
illuminatus917's Avatar
illuminatus917 illuminatus917 is offline
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: the mountains, NC
Posts: 3,116
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
jonsi (sp?) did his solo thing and toured behind it last year. they did a sparce amount of shows here in '09, but yeah their last full tour was '08. Saw them at Bonnaroo doing a 2am set. it was one of the most magical things ive ever seen in music. yes, this thread is decidedly NOT metal haha, part. my posts.
I would pay the price of a Bonarroo ticket just to see that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinkwine732 View Post
Indefinite hiatus.
I kind of figured. Oh well.
__________________
3/12 Pentagram

http://astrangemind.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-05-2011, 08:56 AM
bigguytoo9 bigguytoo9 is online now
N00B
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
still havent seen this band. so bummed.

see Sigor Ros when they tour again. if u want to be brought to tears at a show, this is the band. so beautiful.
yeah Sigur Ros closed with "Untitled 8" when I saw em back in 05' and literally ive never seen a better song live by ANYONE. Roger Waters WALL tour is the only show that's beat Sigur Ros for me.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-05-2011, 09:14 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
I'm actually sort of giddy waiting for this show. Been jammin' all my EITS albums a lot recently.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-05-2011, 09:20 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
"The Royals won't win the 2015 World Series" - MS.com user AnthG
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 24,058
Blog Entries: 19
I see Sigur Ros in this thread. Here's my story:

Jonsi toured here in Lawrence a while back. Last year? Year before? Don't really remember. It sold out pretty quick. The day of the concert, my step-dad came in town to help with some car problems and we went out to eat. On the way back, I saw some guys in matching clothes lugging some instrument cases and stuff around. As I passed by, I helped a guy get his guitar case. He said thanks and I could tell he wasn't from the US. We got to the car, and it hit me: I totally helped Jonsi out.
__________________
02/02 - Power Trip
02/10 - Warbringer
02/11 - Henry Rollins
02/16 - Abby Willy
02/17 - Brerck Serbberf
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 PM
idrinkwine732's Avatar
idrinkwine732 idrinkwine732 is offline
Pursue happiness with diligence
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 4,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I see Sigur Ros in this thread. Here's my story:

Jonsi toured here in Lawrence a while back. Last year? Year before? Don't really remember. It sold out pretty quick. The day of the concert, my step-dad came in town to help with some car problems and we went out to eat. On the way back, I saw some guys in matching clothes lugging some instrument cases and stuff around. As I passed by, I helped a guy get his guitar case. He said thanks and I could tell he wasn't from the US. We got to the car, and it hit me: I totally helped Jonsi out.
chill anecdote breh
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
explosions in the sky

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008